Why so much hate?

Options

Replies

• Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I thought it was funny too.
    Life is to short to cause all sorts of new drama for people who should be supporting each other..
    Some people need to work on losing weight and finding new lifestyle.. Others need to find their sense of humor as well...
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options

I think women SHOULD stop posting cleavage pics. They should post completely nude pics instead..... JUST KIDDING FOLKS! And yeah, there are some haters in any forum no matter what the forum focus. Ignore them. They'll never go away but you can always ignore them......

^^^I threatened that very thing earlier!! lol
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i think its sad.. i mean to go thru life with no funny bone, how heartbreaking is that.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I think women SHOULD stop posting cleavage pics. They should post completely nude pics instead..... JUST KIDDING FOLKS! And yeah, there are some haters in any forum no matter what the forum focus. Ignore them. They'll never go away but you can always ignore them......

NUDE PIX?!?!?!? REPORTED!!!!

Seriously! He did say 'JUST KIDDING'. Grip needed here!

Um....she was joking too
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options

psssst--- she was joking.......
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

She was kidding. *sigh*
  • Fitfaery
    Fitfaery Posts: 68 Member
    Options

Um....she was joking too

Um..that's why I edited it, lol xx
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options

Now you've gone and done it...... You need to edit your post and add 150 smiley faces and a bunch of LOLs and stuff. I used to hang out at a forum where because of nobody ever understanding sarcasm of a couple of us, we'd post all sarcasm in 18 point fonts in bright red color......
  • kittenmitton
    kittenmitton Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Haters gonna hate.

But besides that, honestly, what's wrong with cleavage? Most women have some (and even if they don't, push up bras exist). It's not a big deal to me. Why censor women's breasts in general? Men have nipples too and they don't get censored. I can go to the beach and see a morbidly obese man with moobs bigger than my breasts walking around with his shirt off and if I take my shirt off I get a fine. What the hey hey? /rant
  • Fitfaery
    Fitfaery Posts: 68 Member
    Options

Now you've gone and done it...... You need to edit your post and add 150 smiley faces and a bunch of LOLs and stuff. I used to hang out at a forum where because of nobody ever understanding sarcasm of a couple of us, we'd post all sarcasm in 18 point fonts in bright red color......

Sowy :blushing:
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I think there is a serious sense of humour failure from lots of people on this site. some take everything literally.

they're probably hungry!

LOL. THIS!^^
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I don't know you and didn't have to check out your profile to realize that your posting was a joke. When I joined in October I loved that you could share information freely with one another. I've posted my share of questions, fitness related and other stuff...you have to take the information that is useful to you, I've gotten my share of smart *kitten* replies but really a comment from someone I don't know is hardly anything to get upset about, I guess someone people can laugh it off easier. Sorry that people attacked you for what was obviously a joke.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVPHZCjqQSCDX_5N0IaNfA0Ae0tzEkdK2MHxfVfIonJLmqTBSfug
  • AngelEyes127
    Options
    There are some serious haters on this website, but try not to let them get to you! I did read your forum, found it funny, but did not actually comment, nor was I offended. Like another person wrote earlier, they definitely need to get the stick out of their *kitten*! If they don't like it, they need to stay off the community board that states CHIT-CHAT, FUN AND GAMES and go write stuff on their own page!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    You know what frosts my mini-wheats? When someone says they have a right to their opinion, then blasts someone else for posting their contrary opinion.

Everyone has a right to say what they want (within the TOS of this site), and everyone else has the same right to disagree.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Don't blame on hatred what can easily be explained by stupidity.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I think there is a serious sense of humour failure from lots of people on this site. some take everything literally.

A lot of people on this site are using this site for many reasons:
    1. losing weight & getting healthy is a life or death situation for them due to their bp. diabetes, etc.,.
    2. don't like the way they feel & want to prevent future health problems
    3. don't like the way the person they see in the mirror looks
    4. self-esteem issues
    Plus many more reasons...
    Either way, they don't feel that this site should be a place for humor, cleavage pictures, etc.,.

My suggestion is that before you post something that is supposed to be funny, you a disclaimer on the top in BIG letters so people know not to take the post seriously, just like you did with your LL Cool J profile picture.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I wish to F everyone would just relax. :)
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options

1. losing weight & getting healthy is a life or death situation for them due to their bp. diabetes, etc.,.
    4. self-esteem issues
    Either way, they don't feel that this site should be a place for humor, cleavage pictures, etc.,.

My suggestion is that before you post something that is supposed to be funny, you a disclaimer on the top in BIG letters so people know not to take the post seriously, just like you did with your LL Cool J profile picture.

But that would have spoiled the fun! :sad:
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    4. self-esteem issues

Good points...but this is the "Chit-chat, FUN, and Games" forum...people should realize that many of the threads in this particular area of MFP are not necessarily fitness related. And, if people open a topic and realize that they don't like it, there's really no need to post in it. Nor is there any real need to try and make others feel bad or inferior in those threads for trying to have a little fun. Weight loss is hard...we all know that. But it CAN be fun, given the right circumstances.