Pooping - this is a serious question...

Options
12346»

Replies

• jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of a George Carlin act I heard one time...

"You ever **** so big your pants fit better?"

Sorry, couldn't resist.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Its your scale, mine had similar issues. I got this one off of amazon and its always EXACT every single time. Check out the reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0032TNPOE/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=premifirea-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0032TNPOE
  • MLeigh18
    MLeigh18 Posts: 120 Member
    Options

The second weight has been CONSISTENTLY higher than the first. The 1st couple of times it happened I chuckled, made jokes about gas, whatever.

But it's ALWAYS the case. (A sample size here of more than 4, anyway.) And it is so absolutely counterintuitive that I started wondering if I'm the only person that has encountered it.

Could be the way you're standing on the scale. I've got a digital $20 scale from Walmart. If I stand on it with more pressure on my toes, I weight anywhere from 1-3 pounds lighter than if I stand with more weight on my heels. Be conscious of exactly how you're distributing your weight on the scale. I've found, through experimentation, most scales weigh like this even the manual scales, old school scales.

Try it next time, and see what the results are. If you're still weighing more after, you may just be *kitten* out of luck :)
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    This should be a Twilight episode on the Weight Watchers channel
    HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

"Every time I poop my weight increases, what's going on?!?" <-- dieter's worse nightmare

ROFLMAO
  • divamsm
    divamsm Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Are you eating anti-matter?

:laugh:

What is anti-matter??? Duh
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    Could be the way you're standing on the scale. I've got a digital $20 scale from Walmart. If I stand on it with more pressure on my toes, I weight anywhere from 1-3 pounds lighter than if I stand with more weight on my heels. Be conscious of exactly how you're distributing your weight on the scale. I've found, through experimentation, most scales weigh like this even the manual scales, old school scales.

Try it next time, and see what the results are. If you're still weighing more after, you may just be *kitten* out of luck :)

Honestly, I hate the digital scales. Took me forever to fine a decent one that worked consistently.

I'd recommend going back to the old scales with the needles if you can still find one, I'm sure someone still sells them. At least then you can tell if you're moving around or standing differently because you can watch the needle change.

Or a Dr's scale, that'd be awesome.

But in the end you shouldn't worry about your weight from hour to hour, what's important is the weight decreases each week.
  • mdsjmom98
    mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    While we're on this extremely embarassing topic, might as well pose my question. Does anyone find they are going less with the diet modification? I've always been a little irregular, every other day or so, but now it's getting worse. I'm losing weight pretty well, 8 lbs in two weeks, so don't know what's up. Got a doctor appointment next week, (haven't been in over 4 years) so I will address this with her, but just curious if anyone else is experiencing this.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    While we're on this extremely embarassing topic, might as well pose my question. Does anyone find they are going less with the diet modification? I've always been a little irregular, every other day or so, but now it's getting worse. I'm losing weight pretty well, 8 lbs in two weeks, so don't know what's up. Got a doctor appointment next week, (haven't been in over 4 years) so I will address this with her, but just curious if anyone else is experiencing this.
    You need to eat more fiber and drink more water. Seriously.
  • whencynstops
    whencynstops Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    skip the workout ~ test that theory. Weigh in ~ do your poo ~ weigh in again ~ then go work out

I agree, if you are going to do a scientific study you need to test all theories. Keep everything the same and change one variable. This is poo science here people, this is serious stuff!
    When you drop your kids off at the pool... are their size consistent with the amount you gain (or lose)?
  • recriger
    recriger Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Being in the Engineering field, I find that it is just more fun to over analyze everything!! When i got my new scale I found that it's pads were a lot more narrow than they looked. If I move my feet by as little as 1 inch, the reading was different. the first few times I used it I had to weigh myself 4-5 times and take an average. UNTIL I one day decided (yes, boredom did play a role) to analyze and troubleshoot. Now i know exactly where to align my feet for the same result every time.

I will bet that when you first wake up you just kinda walk onto the scale. Then the second time you are more conscious of where you put your feet (even if it is sub-conscious:). The further from the direct center of the pressure pads your feet are, the less it will say you weigh.

How's that for Over thinking??
  • mdsjmom98
    mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    seriously drinking over 100oz a day....I fill up my 52 oz cup twice a day with ice cold water. Eating more fruit and raw veggies than I ever have. What kind of fiber are you talking about??:bigsmile:
  • BetteLovr
    BetteLovr Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have had the same thing happen but honestly not a big difference.. However, and this is thetruth.. I take a bath every day and I can get on the scale before the bath and weigh one thing.. then soak for a whiile in a very hot bath and be at least .4 lbs less.. I have tested this many many times.. It has got to have something to do w muscle and water retraction/ constriction... Of course I like the after bathweigh in better hehe. I love this group just saying.
  • recriger
    recriger Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    **Quote**
    While we're on this extremely embarassing topic, might as well pose my question. Does anyone find they are going less with the diet modification? I've always been a little irregular, every other day or so, but now it's getting worse. I'm losing weight pretty well, 8 lbs in two weeks, so don't know what's up. Got a doctor appointment next week, (haven't been in over 4 years) so I will address this with her, but just curious if anyone else is experiencing this. ***

While the water and fiber are good ideas... If you are eating less and/or healthier, your body is using the food in a more efficient way. If you aren't taking in a lot of waste, you aren't going to put out a lot. If you are still loosing weight and your stomach doesn't hurt it's probably not a big issue. Increasing your water and fiber will be a fairly quick way to prove it one way or the other. Though I find that the only time that I can skip a day is when I have gone VERY far under my calorie goal (400-600 cal under) from the day before. Then there simply isn't anything to get rid of. That isn't a good choice to begin with. Of course I weigh 260 lbs, and with the ammt. that I'm working out it pushes my calorie needs up over 2700, so skipping a few hundred every now and then (rare) isn't going to hurt me at all, though it may you depending on your size.

Personally, if I were you, I would start by recalculating my BMR, TDEE and calorie deficite to make sure I was eating enough to begin with. Then I would increase the fiber and water to find the levels your body is most efficient with, which is always helpful knowledge.
  • SBlizzardRob
    Options
    This happens to me also. I contribute mines to possible incomplete emptying.