Future baby name

Options
12346»

Replies

• Lambiii
    Lambiii Posts: 321
    Options
    For a girl i love Lily Sofia, and Lauryn, and for a boy i love Luke or Ruiari :)
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I was always told my kids would hate me when they grew up because of what I named them-especially my first child.

1.Echo Jade
    2.Christian Matthew (my only boy) Matthew means "Gift from God"
    3.Gwendolyn Rose
    4.Jennaveve Amber (I spelled it phonetically instead of traditionally.)
    5.Autumn Dawn ( I love fall and I love the sunrise.)

So far, all of the kids are ok with their names. Even Echo, who is almost 18 now, has always loved her name, although she's been made fun of here and there because of it.

I say, name your kid what you feel like naming them...although I dunno if i'd want to name my child after any 'evil spirits' lol. :happy:

FWIW, if we have any more i'd love a Piper(girl) or a Seth( boy) one day. :laugh:
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    If you like it...whatever. Just know that your child will have to live with that name, or change their name to their middle name--and if they're really pissed at you, they'll just come up with something entirely different. James Romeo (family names...Romeo is the middle name) will be my first son's name (please let me have a son), and my daughter will be Magdalena because I refuse to name a child Margaret (my cousin who died of breast cancer was named Maggie). I think all names should have some kind of personal meaning or story behind them, so if yours do, go for it.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I think the name should be something you and your partner/husband choose.

If you ask for opinions, or announce the name prior to the arrival of the baby - you are ALWAYS going to have people try to talk you out of it, or suggest other names.

It's your choice, but do think of the kid before throwing them a total curveball name.
  • amiles21693
    Options
    Ive already picked out a girls name if I ever have one (Hadley) lol. But I'm lost for a middle name. I'll probably do Hadley Kay after my mom.

That sounded trendy about four years ago. It's 'over' as a trendy name now. The huh sound at the beginning is quite harsh. Names ending in 'ley' have been done to death in America. I know you are American, so how a name is perceived in the UK/Ireland is of little importance to you, but to my ear it sounds a bit chavarooneytastic.
    I like the name. Not because it used to be trendy, I just like it. And ya, I'm American, and if I have a boy I like the name Decklin. I don't care who has the name or how other people think of it or what country its from.

Yeah but it's the fact that you're advertising that you DON'T care about other cultures that makes you look a little uneducated! Decklin for example is a corrupted spelling of Declan. Declan is a perfectly normal name, why make it look uneducated by spelling it Decklin! But hey, it's your child and at the end of the day, nobody really cares what you do! so good luck to baby Hadley and baby Decklin!
    I do care about other cultures, but I'm saying that I'll choose a name regardless of where it comes from. And uneducated? Is that supposed to be another dig because I'm American? Yes, I'm educated, I'm a college student. However, I'm not from Ireland so I wasn't sure of the proper way to spell it. Thanks for telling me the right way. I'm 18, so I haven't given a huge amount of thought to babies names, these are just some that I like. I could always name my kid Apple or something that American celebrities name their kids. I thought this was supposed to be an advice forum, not bashing names that people like.