Why are YOU fat?

Options

Replies

• Winner20122013
    Options
    if i didnt sit on my butt id have a cute butt :p like (not offense to anyone) but a black girl butt..round and wide ...Ahh T.T
  • jillybean0123
    jillybean0123 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I have always been fat. It's just genetics.

My sister eats more than me and moves less than me and is very skinny, I just got bad genes.

The weight will never come off no matter what I do.

I don't eat that poorly.

I move more than most.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Never lost the weight from my first child who is almost 13. Had my second one 5 years ago, she needed 2 major operations so I ate my way through the stress.
  • THINandFABULOUS
    Options
    Because I eat out my emotions. :/
  • pattys1054
    Options
    I am fat because I like to eat and hate to exercise. That's the bottom line.
  • bpurc22
    bpurc22 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Cookies, no longer playing basketball, intense love for food
  • kmwmgw
    Options
    This is sooo true! I always said you only live once and I want to enjoy it. But the truth is was I really enjoying it? Not being able to do the activities and things my family and friends did was not enjoyable,
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Emotional eating, plain and simple.
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I don't have any big psychological story.

I am fat because I eat too much. I eat what I want, and what I want isn't good for me.

14007505.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I spent 13 years after my son was born drinking 8ltrs of Coke a day.
    I spent 18 years not exercising
    I spent 36 years not looking after my body
    I now have a back injury that hates me exercising & refuses to let me do it easy.
    I can't work because of my injury...... something I hope losing weight will fix.

Why am I fat? Because I was lazy, ate the wrong things & drank nothing but coke..... no water... 24/7 for 13 years.

That's why. I'm to blame, not society. Not Coke, not Mc Donalds, not even the chocolate. Nobody but me.
  • msmellebelle
    Options
    1. i tell myself i have poor willpower
    2. i use food as a prize
    3. i always told myself i'd rather be a big girl than a skinny little stick.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I won't bother giving you all my excuses...I'm sure you've heard them all and may have used most of them yourselves.

The plain unvarnished truth....Many, many years of inactivity along with eating too much (usually the wrong things). Example: This donut tastes good, and this one and this one. Then there was my Dr Pepper addiction...I drank it all day long and took a glass to bed with me at night. :embarassed:

Do I still eat things I like? Yes! But less of them, I account for every single calorie and I move more.
  • k43la
    k43la Posts: 18
    Options
    A World of Warcraft addiction. All I did was sit at the computer and eat fast food because cooking would take away too much game time.

I didn't even like fast food, it was just convenient.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I am fat because:

1. I didn't believe I deserved the effort required to take care of myself.
    2. I ate enormous quantities of junk food and indulged in whatever craving I had without caring about the consequences.
    3. I failed to take the time to be active.
    4. I was in denial about just how fat I had become, and combined with the other reasons, that led me to become fatter.
    5. I simply didn't care about being fat, hence, I got fatter.
    6. I put everyone else above me. I spent far more time taking care of everyone else and their needs than my own.
    7. I failed to realize how important I was to my family and close friends.

The better question is, "Why did I decide to change?"

My answer to that is simply, "Life is too short to live miserably and without the ability to take advantage of the time we have. I deserve to live a good life."
  • sondra216379
    sondra216379 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    We are supposed to eat to live.....I LIVE TO EAT....I love food, and especially food that is not good for me!
  • Srdking
    Srdking Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I broke my foot and gained weight. Then I got pregnant and during my pregnancy I ate and ate anything and everything I wanted. End result, it's my own fault for putting on 55 pounds. I am very short and could not believe how much I ended up weighing. I even caused my boyfriend to gain wait, after the poor guy finished P90X. Now I feel guilty for him gaining back all the weight he tried so hard to get off. I was just pregnant and selfish and would eat and eat and so would he. Now were both on target for a better life style change for good!
  • mbriscoe79
    mbriscoe79 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I stopped having the metabolism of a teenager but kept eating as though I did.

I got pregnant and had other "more important" things to worry about then health

I stayed lazy and full of excuses
  • liroez29
    liroez29 Posts: 221
    Options
    I got fat because I loved food and did not say no when I should have!
  • nikkilou1978
    nikkilou1978 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Because I love food way too much!:ohwell: :ohwell: