Any other HCG users out there???

Options

Replies

• JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    HCG is awesome!
    Oh, wait ... I'm NOT an idiot, thaaaaat's right. Sustaining my weight loss and keeping my hair is awesome though!

OP: see you back here in 6 months when you've gained all your HCG weight back.
  • rachel1496
    Options
    Copying and pasting something I said in an earlier thread....

I've never done it but a good friend did with horrible results.

She did lose all the weight she wanted to but she has pretty much cannibalized her lean muscle mass so even at goal weight she is overall very flabby and strangely lumpy. Her dream was to look good in a bikini, as it is she doesn't even want to go to the beach in a one piece. She had very thin hair to start with and lost a lot of it on hcg. It still hasn't fully come back. While she was on the diet she looked terrible. Really pale, almost greyish, her eyes were dull and the hair she had left was brittle and dry. We went to a birthday party together and all night I had people pulling me aside to ask me if she was ill and just wasn't telling anyone. Between the injections, supplements and food she spent an insane amount of money. Her immune system is trashed now and the list of foods she can no longer tolerate is too long to mention.

She used to be prone to seasonal depression, since finishing the last cycle she has been depressed pretty much the entire time. That might be a coincidence but I don't think the overall shape of her body, thinning hair and the fact that she's constantly sick is helping.
  • jeccalou
    jeccalou Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Why do people insist putting so many foreign things in their bodies? Why is eating healthy and exercising so hard? Why is discipline always a problem?

I hate these damn excuses about the healthy way "not working for me". yes, there are slow metabolisms, yes there are people that lose weight slower, but at the end of the day, to lose weight, calories int < calories out and that's it. 500 cal a day is going to make you lose weight, no matter who you are. It's unhealthy because it is way too little (been there done that) and at some point you will get sick, no doubt about it. But yes, it is working. Ravaging your body and working. Getting you thin and working. But not sustaining you to actually live and enjoy life. just weight loss.

Why the hell would anyone want to add HCG to this? You dont produce HCG except when you are pregnant (human CORIONIC gonadotrophin people!) therefore why need it when you are not? Hormone treatments are sketchy as it is, it's really difficult to balance them out even if you are supplementing something that is missing, let alone something that you dont need at all...

I mentioned it earlier, but if you are going to lose weight at any cost, why not just take crystal meth or heroin or something, because that "helps" too...:grumble:
    I can tell you why.

People like me are addicts. Just like a meth user and a heroin user. So a "healthy" way will not do. I have to totally abstain from all sugars.....which works until someone shoves a trigger food in your face (like, at my job) and says, "C'mon, have just one.".

The only difference between my addiction and a heroin addict is, you don't need heroin to live. But we do have to eat.

Theres this new thing called therapy. I would invest in that before some miracle fat loss drops and a starvation diet.
  • lawmama_
    lawmama_ Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am going to warn you, this is not going to be pretty. Stand back.

You will not get many supportive remarks on this "diet" on this board.
    It is a starvation diet. Of course you lost weight eating only 500 calories a day.
    everyone would.

Agreed! I kind of think it's a sham - you pay for the HCG, then eat only 500 cals a day. By eating 500 cals alone, you'd lose the weight. Save your money and put it toward a gym membership, and eat the right amount of calories for your BMR and activity level. Then you won't have to worry about surgery to get rid of excess skin because the weight will come off gradually so your skin can adjust properly.
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I would kill for some HCG in my body right now. Natural though. One day I will get my wish.

To the OP, if you want to find more about the HCG diet I would recommend speaking to a nutritionist/dietician. You aren't going to find many people on forums that support this method and, as you can see, it causes a lot of controversy.
  • coquette87
    Options
    Pro-HCG threads are discouraged in the main forums. This diet is unhealthy, unsustainable, and not promoted by MFP.

Like I said everyone is entilited to their opnion

And your opinion is wrong. Good day ma'am.

This seems like an appropriate place for one of my favourite quotes: "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They are not entitled to their own facts." The facts are in the Pubmed articles.
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm not going to be a downer to all those who are on this "diet".......

I have had to see some medical people and I have mentioned HCG to them......One was an RN.....I told her we call it the Pregnant Womens Pee Diet and her response was that that is all it is......

I told my gyno that I was losing weight and he asked how I was doing it....My reply was that I was counting my calorie intake and his response was that that is the only way to do it......

So, if this works for you, then do it.....I would love to hear how things are going once you stop taking it......
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    To the OP. This site is full of food and diet Nazis. If you dont do things the way they do things they will attack you. If HCG works for you and you like it, then go for it.

ziegheil?

You're funny.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I had 3 responses typed out but alas I can't say anything nice.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I have met a lot of coworkers who did lose the weight and keep the weight off. There is no sagging skin because the HCG is supposed to make your skin conform to a new shape, much like a pregnant woman's body would.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

*Gasps for air*
    Here, does this look like this pregnant womans body "conformed" and didnt cause stretch marks?

stretchmark.jpg

Well, this is not the result for all pregnant women. Plenty of women get through pregnancy with few or no stretch marks. It all depends on genetics, weight gain, how the baby is carried/positioned, how hydrated a woman is, how moisturized her skin is, etc.
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    smileyvault-popcorn.gif
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    smileyvault-popcorn.gif

smileyvault-popcorn.gif
  • WandaVonDunajew
    WandaVonDunajew Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Why do people insist putting so many foreign things in their bodies? Why is eating healthy and exercising so hard? Why is discipline always a problem?

I hate these damn excuses about the healthy way "not working for me". yes, there are slow metabolisms, yes there are people that lose weight slower, but at the end of the day, to lose weight, calories int < calories out and that's it. 500 cal a day is going to make you lose weight, no matter who you are. It's unhealthy because it is way too little (been there done that) and at some point you will get sick, no doubt about it. But yes, it is working. Ravaging your body and working. Getting you thin and working. But not sustaining you to actually live and enjoy life. just weight loss.

Why the hell would anyone want to add HCG to this? You dont produce HCG except when you are pregnant (human CORIONIC gonadotrophin people!) therefore why need it when you are not? Hormone treatments are sketchy as it is, it's really difficult to balance them out even if you are supplementing something that is missing, let alone something that you dont need at all...

I mentioned it earlier, but if you are going to lose weight at any cost, why not just take crystal meth or heroin or something, because that "helps" too...:grumble:
    I can tell you why.

People like me are addicts. Just like a meth user and a heroin user. So a "healthy" way will not do. I have to totally abstain from all sugars.....which works until someone shoves a trigger food in your face (like, at my job) and says, "C'mon, have just one.".

The only difference between my addiction and a heroin addict is, you don't need heroin to live. But we do have to eat.

Ok, so you say you are addicted. I might take that as an explanation, but while drug addictions are actual diseases, and you suffer from real withdrawal symptoms when not using, you don't have any from abstaining from sugar... at least not physical ones. Everything actually is in your head. And you seem to realize that. Going to get professional help will cost you lest both financially, physically and psychologically than using a freaking drug. I have worked with hormones enough to know what they can do when not used properly. HCG is made for pregnant women only*.

Also this whole thing about trigger food... come on! It's just an excuse! Self control lies in your hands. Managing your life also. While it is difficult (and everybody here knows what a craving so desperate you would literally die on the spot for that food) it is not impossible. I have understanding for anyone who has an illness, but excuses are too available for all of us. You need to get help, and then kick your "addiction" to the curb. Dont call it an addiction anyway, it;s a sweet tooth, and that's it. You can also give into it once in a while, as opposed to drugs where that wouldnt be that wise. I am sure you can do it, and the first step is to recognize your issue (which you did) and then fight it!

ETA * and treating some conditions like hypogonadism or infertility. REPRODUCTIVE conditions.
  • WandaVonDunajew
    Options
    I have met a lot of coworkers who did lose the weight and keep the weight off. There is no sagging skin because the HCG is supposed to make your skin conform to a new shape, much like a pregnant woman's body would.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

*Gasps for air*
    Here, does this look like this pregnant womans body "conformed" and didnt cause stretch marks?

stretchmark.jpg

Well, this is not the result for all pregnant women. Plenty of women get through pregnancy with few or no stretch marks. It all depends on genetics, weight gain, how the baby is carried/positioned, how hydrated a woman is, how moisturized her skin is, etc.

While it is true that not all women get stretchmarks after pregnancies (though most do), do you REALLY believe that this is the role of hcg?????
    my dear, hcg (i think gonadotrophin should have told you everything you need to know, but apparently not) is a hormone that appears in the earlier stages of pregnancy mainly encouraging the corpus luteum (yellow body) to produce progesterone and stimulating the growth of the fetus's gonads. Where exactly does stretchmark prevention occur? Do you know what it causes in men (that apparently also "benefit" from this "miracle")? it will cause an increase of testosterone levels. Yay new aggressive feelings! Also it is a cancer marker in non pregnant individuals, appearing elevated in different types of cancer. It isnt known yet whether its increase an effect or a cause... would you risk it? Just because you dont want to bother thinking about your diet and getting sweaty??:noway:
  • tiffiemariee
    tiffiemariee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Don't listen to the criticism. Last month I did the hcg diet for a week and lost 12.2 lbs. I quit it because I was concerned I may have been pregnant. I have not gained the weight back. However you chose to lose weight, the bottom line is you're doing something about it. Don't let everyone else's opinions or judgements throw you off track. Congrats on the 8 lbs.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    You know what? **** it. Do what you want. I'm kind of glad HCG exists. Society already goes against natural selection by allowing stupid people to live longer than they should. Maybe crash diets are a way of balancing it out.
  • WandaVonDunajew
    Options
    You know what? **** it. Do what you want. I'm kind of glad HCG exists. Society already goes against natural selection by allowing stupid people to live longer than they should. Maybe crash diets are a way of balancing it out.

Im glad too, otherwise we would have never been born :laugh: (yeah i went there, im funny like that).

And you are actually right. why even bother? there's a balance in everything in the end (hint HINT for those using hcg :bigsmile: )
  • Helenasnan
    Helenasnan Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    the HCG diet is not heart healthy, wight is lost due to unsafe low calorie intake (500 per day)
    ask ANY good Dr, they will say
    NO WAY, eat right, eat less, and exercise more instead!
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    My favorite part of this thread???

this:

smileyvault-popcorn.gif

I lost 75 pounds but cutting calories, eliminating junk food and soda and exercising. It's not rocket science. Slow and steady wins the race people.
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options

I think you are my new best friend. I am always complaining about modern medicine inhibiting natural selection. There are plenty of people on this planet that wouldn't be here without it....

And next we are on to the tape worm diet! :)
This discussion has been closed.