1234568»

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    My favorite part of this thread???

this:

smileyvault-popcorn.gif

I lost 75 pounds but cutting calories, eliminating junk food and soda and exercising. It's not rocket science. Slow and steady wins the race people.

This is awesome. Congrats!

I find it very telling that the people who have lost the most in this thread are very anti-HCG and did it by exercising and eating well.
  • kelceyjean12011
    kelceyjean12011 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    isnt HCG the pregnancy hormone?? just curious...sounds like blasmephy to me
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    hcg diet... just call it what it is... expensive anorexia.
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    And... this is why I don't read the forums... You don't change someones mind about a choice they have made by belittling and ridiculing them. You try to teach, educate and lead by example. Why is it anyone else's business how she lives her life??
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    312740_302410066449716_269470169743706_1062638_1205412289_n.jpg
  • tiffiemariee
    tiffiemariee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If you really want an answer to your question OP. Try this link.

http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/content/

You will be welcomed. MFP not welcomed with HCG.

****I'm not promoting HCG, but offering a place of resource for HCG info****

Sorry, but how is that *not* promoting this snake oil nonsense?

Seriously, you think it's helpful to direct someone to a 'resource' that you know (if you have any common sense at all) will be potentially damaging to their health?

Hey, OP, shall I save you a bit of time and pass you some hair clippers, so you can take the hair off before it falls out in clumps? And if you're really unlucky, hey you could do some permanent damage to your metabolism as a friend of mine did on this kind of ridiculous 'diet' plan? It's great. Really! Go to that nice forum and all the ostriches there will share with you how fantabulous it is to starve yourself while taking drops or shots that have been demonstrated over and over to have no impact whatsoever on weightloss....

You got me...my goal IS to damage her health!

I'd rather she read about the good and bad of it all from people who are currently on the diet instead of being bashed for having a question on here. She is an adult and can make her own decision. Last I checked, you weren't her mom so why do you really care? Do you think she will completely stop just because YOU think she is wrong and keep posting replies? Doubt it. But thanks for the common sense compliment! I have LOTS of it!:drinker:

Ah yes. The best way to get unbiased information is to gather with a crowd of deluded people who can't follow basic science reporting....

I really didn't suggest *you* had common sense?

I'd like to hope that reason ultimately will out, yes. But hey, perhaps you're right, and some people simply can't be educated into making sane and sensible life choices.

Incidentally, well done on that huge 10 lb weightloss. Clearly you are right, and your diet is hugely successful. Experience is an amazing supplement to empirical evidence and logic.

Oh....

That's too bad that you sarcastically slam someone on losing only 10 lbs just because you lost 99 lbs. Not everybody even HAS 100 extra lbs of fat to lose. And not everyone on this thread has been working on it for years. How do you know that 10 lbs wasn't since last month? Congrats on your 99 lbs lost.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Hey im not too sure what the manfacture says but ive known people to do it and have positive effects. I do have to Say I understand not many people will support my decision. Ive tried many things to loose weight even following the MFP way. I had my gaul bladder removed a year ago and eversince then it has been hard for me to eat without getting sick and on the HCG diet ive not only lost weight but have not gotten sick from eating. I do believe that this has helped me out alot and I do not feel hungry or feel like im starving myself. I believe everyone can have their own opnion. I do have to say if anyone is looking to start the HCG diet or have problems with the HCG diet I reccomend you read the NEWPounds and Inches and I reccomend a great cookbook that helps your foods to not be boring or bland. check out the HCG DIET Gourmet Cookbook ive gotten lots of good ideas!

Did you consult with you doctor?
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options

Thank you, may I have another?
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    My family is having cake right now....it looks really good.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    Options
    My favorite part of this thread???

this:

smileyvault-popcorn.gif

I lost 75 pounds but cutting calories, eliminating junk food and soda and exercising. It's not rocket science. Slow and steady wins the race people.

^^^This
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options

Thank you, may I have another?
    Yes, yes you may.

tumblr_lu9n06W1KS1qzozj1.gif
  • tpot74
    tpot74 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My hubby used it. Had amazing results. I used it and had semi OK results, although I slacked. Sending friend request. I support it.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    Options
    Hello everyone
    I am currently doing the HCG diet and I have to say sofar im impressed I have lost 8lbs and ive only been doing my VLCD for 3 days I even lost weight on my Loading phase.
    What have you guys experienced sofar? Cooking, hunger anything it will be nice to have someone else who is going through this as well to talk to. I will be a supporter and would love one too. Feel free to add me! BTW I have been doing video blogs on youtube for my journey on the HCG weight loos. user name is lovecrystaljoy

Hope you have a great day!

Did you discuss HCG with your doctor to see if it is ok?
  • BuildABetterMe
    Options
    Urine from a pregnant woman.... how tasty!
  • petreebird
    petreebird Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    hcg diet... just call it what it is... expensive anorexia.

Exactly, and those with anorexia also tell people they just don't understand and that what they are doing is fine.

smileyvault-popcorn.gif
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    whats there to read ? 30 year old reports ? dear God in heaven I hope science has evolved since then

HAHAHHAHA OMG seriously that had me rolling. The first and only studies done that show anything good at all about HCG are from the 50's. Everything else since then show that it's the diet not the drug. Everything.
  • 2hungariangirls
    Options
    [/quote]

That's too bad that you sarcastically slam someone on losing only 10 lbs just because you lost 99 lbs. Not everybody even HAS 100 extra lbs of fat to lose. And not everyone on this thread has been working on it for years. How do you know that 10 lbs wasn't since last month? Congrats on your 99 lbs lost.

Thank you! I started working out and eating right 1/2/2012. It was last month until now. I'm pretty darn proud! She can't take my pride and joy of accomplishment! :flowerforyou: I know who I am and I'm happy!
    402934_10150450078835698_615730697_8780783_1678052153_n.jpg
  • NewTeena
    NewTeena Posts: 154 Member
    Options
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that our users follow the calorie guidelines automatically assigned by our site, unless they are under the direct supervision of a doctor. We are currently reviewing the medical literature on the HCG/500 calorie diet and reserve the right to moderate against discussions of this diet at any time in the future.

For the time being, HCG discussions remain an option for members in private Groups. Please remember that even in Groups, all site wide rules must be correctly moderated, or the Group runs the risk of deletion. Specifically, endorsement of purchasing prescription supplements or medications without a prescription is in violation of the MyFitnessPal posting guidelines, which can be reviewed here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Thank you all for your concern. We're definitely looking closely at this issue.

Stormieweather
    My Fitness Pal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.