I lost my dog (Photo heavy)

Options

Replies

• trout78
    trout78 Posts: 102
    Options
    So sorry to hear about the passing of your loving Jake...to most of us, loosing an animal is like loosing a member of our family! May you have peace knowing he is at peace and is now your guardian angel!
  • sunshinel397
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. What a sweet dog. I love my dog and could not imagine living without her. You and your family sound very kind and your dog was lucky to be with you!
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is very hard. They are constantly around in the middle of your routines so you notice their absence. My heart has been broken many times losing fur babies. They are my kids and often feel like the only friend.

This is a good website to mourn with others who know your pain. And you can create a memorial page, a virtual grave.
    http://www.rainbowbridge.com/
  • xaniza
    xaniza Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss =(
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you've lost your friend. I went through this last year and I know the sadness you're feeling and how difficult the decision is to make. Jake was lucky to have you and your family, and you were so blessed to have his puppy love for all the years that you did.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I almost cried reading this. Such a great tribute to what was undoubtedly a wonderful dog. He was really lucky to have you guys.
  • beaglenutty
    beaglenutty Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Im so sorry:(
  • sampa91
    sampa91 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    "Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... "

Author unknown...

I'm certain he will be waiting for you :)
  • LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Beautiful tribute for Jake............. I am a hopeless dog lover and I know how painful it is to lose a most precious member of your family. I can't type much else for the tears are making it hard. ((((Hugs))))
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Deeply sorry for your loss. Have been there before & it sucks. You did the right thing by your beloved pet.
  • lanibrynn
    Options
    So sorry for your loss! Losing a "child" or "sibling" is never easy. Furbabies are the best. Remember the good time and know that he is rollingi n green fields chasing balls and doing his army crawl in doggie heaven
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. It is just sooo sad when we lose a part of our lives :sad:
  • SarahZ1997
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. What a beautiful story for a beautiful boy! Very touching! I have 5 rescues. 1 cat and 4 dogs two of which are pits. I love them more then anything, including chocolate!
  • melonerski
    melonerski Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    awwww im so sorry for your loss, such a cute dog!!!!! losing a pet is def like losing a family member, so sad. Keep your head up and just know that hes no longer suffering xoxo
  • jak111
    jak111 Posts: 36
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss as well. I know how tough it is. I had to put my Nicky to sleep when he was 18 1/2 - He was my everything before marriage and kids. I know how you must feel. I was just going to send you Rainbow Bridge, but see that someone else sent it to you. Please read it.....it time it will help you very much. You can bet he knew how much he was loved and cared for in your home. You made the ultimate sacrifice for him and he will always know that until you meet at Rainbow Bridge. I am just sobbing typing this as I know how much pain you are in and after reading the other posts. Take care and remember all the good and happy times that you had with him!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    There really is no pain like the loss of a pet. I am so sorry.
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    It's so hard to lose a beloved pet. Know that you gave Jake a good home with people who loved him for the rest of his life. You were all his angels to take him in, fatten him up and love him for all those years. He knew that too. I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you had to go through that. He was a great friend, and had great friends in you guys. I am so glad you posted this, you may help other homeless pets find great homes with this touching story.

I am glad you got to know and love this very special dog.
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Im sorry for your loss and thank you for sharing your story.

Im shedding a few tears for your old man and hope he is in a happy place right now. Free from pain but still feeling the warm glow from the love you shared with him for all those years.

Big hugs to you and your family.
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss! *hug* I am crying tears right now for you and yours! Animals are sooooo special. They are part of the family/ like children. They make us laugh,cry and at times frustrate us with their little querks. Nothing takes that place in your heart that one furry 'lil creature can. May you be comforted in the beautiful memories of his life of love he shared with you and your family.

God bless you!:heart: