T.H.E. Team April 10-16 Week 10

Options

Replies

• adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Kristi

Buy one anyway. You might not need it, but if you WANT it and you can afford it, why not? It's got a lot of features you could use. Like it's a watch with an alarm, so you can remind yourself to eat (I use mine for that, very Pavlovian).

I think you would like it! You would get instant measureable data. Who listens to sisters???

blahblah.gif

Can't really afford it until after taxes anyway. :ohwell: But you're right, I really do want it! :bigsmile:

I burned way more cals on the treadmill than the wretched machine was telling me, and a lot more on elliptical as well. Even MFP's numbers were a bit low, but close, for me. You probably burn more than MFP says because of your size... Make sure when you get one it has a calorie counter in it. I looked at a lot of cheaper ones that didn't have that feature, and that's the main reason I needed it!
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    It is definitely something to look forward to!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Oh-emm-gee.

Morgolis posted. Why do I have a sneaking suspicion that Li4g is behind that...?

Li4g, have fun wogging in the warm Florida sand. Jealousy doesn't begin to cover it.

I am glad you will be back in the NW, too. Then I can keep planning a Winery summer get-together.

:glasses: Agent 99
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Oh-emm-gee.

Morgolis posted. Why do I have a sneaking suspicion that Li4g is behind that...?

Li4g, have fun wogging in the warm Florida sand. Jealousy doesn't begin to cover it.

I am glad you will be back in the NW, too. Then I can keep planning a Winery summer get-together.

Winery get together!! FUN!!!!

ok.. So, we both made it to the gym yesterday. I did 1/2 hour on the elliptical then wogged for 1/2 hour on the treadmill. Went to tropical smoothie next door for lunch and OF COURSE I had to order the WORST sandwich on the menu calorie wise. It was chicken salad with cranberrys & walnuts on whole grain bread. Figured I was being good right?? WRONG! Looked it up when I got home and it was a whopping 750 calories for that 1 sandwhich!! :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

After the gym we went to Saint Lucie County Beach to play in the water. Man... THAT was a workout! I spent about an hour in the water jumping waves and trying not to get knocked on my butt. It wasnt overly warm yesterday... about 87 degrees.. so the water wasnt too warm, but still nice.

We went for fish last night at a good restraunt then went to see I Love You Man at the movies. We were planning on going to Orlando today, but will probably go tomorrow instead. We both slept in too late this morning and its a 3 hour drive there. We wanna make it a day trip, so today we will probably just find something local to do. Maybe the beach again or the Preserve so I can take some photos.

Went over on my cals yesterday a little, but not bad... again on good stuff... no junk food. Definitely NOT having an issue with drinking plenty of water here. The heat is making it easy to get it in.

Gonna go elliptical for 45 minutes down the hall, then grab some lunch.

Have a good one all!!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    PS. The wogging podcast I downloaded is definitely Techno style music, but I really liked it yesterday. Kept me moving!! Will check out some of the other links you posted also, so I have a good variety and dont get bored with one kind. Thanks!!
  • morgolis
    morgolis Posts: 17
    Options
    Oh-emm-gee.

Actually she didn't have to push me in to posting, she was on the other laptop and my experience at the beach 1 1/2 weeks ago made up my mind for me.

A winery crawl would be awesome BTW and we're not too far away, it would be GUD!

I'm still recovering from the gym yesterday but we're probably gonna hit the beach or something today. Maybe I should google around and see if there is something interesting to do.

Anyone have suggestions?
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter everyone!
    Sheila you are losing inches and that is awesome!!!
    StillKristi you made me laugh :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: that crazy kittty was so funny!

Hope you all are having a great day and an awesome holiday weekend! :flowerforyou:
    Jamie
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    HAPPY EASTER! I have been in hiding since falling off the wagon with my calories...:ohwell: :blushing: So, I am 'fessing up and starting over. I did manage to get workouts in, but my food intake was off the charts. Stress, boredom and who knows what else.

I'm gonna go read through the posts now and get caught up since everyone is sleeping in around here. Hope you all have a great Easter :flowerforyou: and are enjoying better weather than I am - it feels more like Thanksgiving, cold and rainy! :huh:
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    Me too!!!!! (Anita and Stillkristi)

Yesterday was busy - felt tired and thirsty - went to the corner store and bought Coke instead of water. :mad: It tasted good but did not quench my thirst. Then the caffiene kept me buzzing all night! I used to drink sooo much of that stuff. In 9 weeks I've only had a couple and regret it every time! Water is so much better!

Anyway, I logged my calories and it wasn't as bad as I felt. :grumble: :grumble:

Today I start again, healthy and wise. :drinker:

Hoppy Easter everyone!
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Happy Easter friends! Its a beautfiful day in Salt Lake City! I love the spring!

Seems like a couple of us have fallen off the wagon. BTW, did you know that term comes from the old Salvation Army days when TSA volunteers would go around with a wagon and literally gather up people to go to temperance meetings? And those that were a little too tipsy..... you get the picture!

So, lets forgive ourselves and reframe - its not like us to fall off the wagon! 8452423.jpg
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Actually she didn't have to push me in to posting, she was on the other laptop and my experience at the beach 1 1/2 weeks ago made up my mind for me.

Wha??? What happened on the beach?

shrk.gif
  • cmriverside
    Options
    image001-2.gif

to all my teammies.....basktofeggs.gif
  • morgolis
    morgolis Posts: 17
    Options

Wha??? What happened on the beach?

shrk.gif

Went to "Bath Tub Beach" to go snorkel with my friend, after swimming out about 150 feet to the reef, I was so winded I nearly passed out on the reef. I've never had that much of a problem as I'm a strong swimmer, but between the surf pushing me in and then pulling me back out. Started getting the tunnel down vision but managed to stay up. Never even experienced anything like that when I was diving, but diving in puget sound is nothing like a beach dive.
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Hey guys,

I got in 45 minutes on the hotel elliptical this "morning". Well, my morning. I slept in late! The elliptical here sucks but at least its convient. Adopt4, its like the ones we dont like at our gym...yeah.. it was painful. LOL The only reason I lasted 45 minutes on it was because there was a TV in font of me playing a good movie :laugh:

We ate at Tropical Smoothie again for lunch, only THIS TIME, I was prepared after having looked at thier nutritional info online. I am SOOOOO in love with the cranberry crush smoothie which is HUGE and made with spelnda so its about 187 calories compared to the regular version which is double. Its a good, cold drink that lasts for hours and is sorta like a slurpee. Yep.. addicted, I tell ya!

We tried to find a place to get pedicures but being it was EASTER (WHAT?!!!???) there was no nail place open. Even the one inside walmart was closed. So, we ended up getting some fresh fruit (pineapple, cantelope, apples) and some cheese and crackers for tomorrow. We are driving up to Orlando to go to Epcot for the day. Its about 2 1/2 hours away.. so will be a fun day trip. No gym for me, but Im sure all the walking through the 300+ acres will be plenty.

We're off to eat dinner. Found a crab & rib place....UH OH!!!:bigsmile:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    We had a family day today... bad on cals, but I planned on hitting the gym so I went with it... First we went to Krispy Kreme for donuts, I had 2 creme filled and one regular, that 340 and 200 cals apiece respectively... then we decided to hit the playland at McDonalds and let the boys run wild (we were there alone) and then decided to eat there, so I had a Big Mac, medium fries... whew... those two meals combined went over my daily allowance by 250! Then home and hit the gym... worked off 861 cals before the place closed, whew, good thing I went when I did. So I have a few hundred to eat dinner with, and that's ok. Good thing for that HRM so I knew better what cals I was burning, and did enough. I was going to wog too but the gym closed, so tomorrow...

BBQ pork in the crockpot for dinner, not a great low cal meal with the BBQ sauce but if I go over a little bit, it won't be too bad. I'll just keep my portions small!

Hurry up and come back, morgolis and lg4g! Sheesh! It's boring around here without ya'll around to bug and bother!!
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Hi Gang,
    Hope everyone had a good day.

Sheila you go girl. Losing inches - that is great

You girls falling off the band wagon - I am with you. Been there done that - not one but two Saturdays in a row. So I hit the exercising hard today and did good on the calories. Gonna make this a good week and continue through for a while.

LI4G and Morgolis - have a wonderful day at Epcot Center. And yes the walking will do it for the exercise.

Well everyone have a good night - I am off to work.
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Hi everyone! How was your Easter? I had a lovely time. Went to Mom and Dad's we had ham, mashed potatoes, broccoli, green salad and candided yams. I love those candied yams, and :grumble: I didn't have any. :happy: I had about 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes, lots of broccoli and salad and a pretty good sized slice of ham. My sister made a trifle for desert with sugar free jello, sugar free jello pudding and low-fat whipped topping. Very nice of her! I also had a very small portion of the trifle. I am quite proud of myself for my restraint.

Tomorrow, smiley_on_tredmil.gif

Oh, and if you are lurking this thread, Dave198 - it is currently 11:56 pm here, so tomorrow is realistic!

Again, hope everyone had a great Easter! grphug.gif
  • Topaz1962
    Options
    adopt4 - SW 273/CW 247.3/loss 1 pound
    indianagranny - SW/GW/CW 214/160/196 0 lbs lost for the week
    Yari - SW: 192/MGW:173/CW:190= 1.5 LOST
    Jamie - SW: 195/ GW: 155/ CW: 187.8 / 0lbs
    nitag - SW:220/GW 145/ CW 195 - = 1 lb lost
    lulubar-SW205/GW145/CW190-1lb lost
    beahurey-SW 208/GW 140/ CW202 - 5 lbs GAINED
    healthymom - SW 208/GW 150/ CW 191 - 0 lbs
    Eric - SW:260lbs./Goal???/ CW 252.5lbs = 8 lbs total lost
    Kristi - SW: 461/GW: 195/CW: 445 = 5 lbs GAINED
    Sheila - SW 327/ GW 150/ CW 297 = 0 lost 0 gained
    Topaz1962 - SW 321 / GW 200 / CW 321 = 0 lost 0 gained...just started!

Hello everybody! I started my latest effort to lose weight yesterday. Glad I found this place, this seems like the kind of motivation that I've been lacking previously.
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Glad everyone had a good easter!!

Welcome to the group Topaz, and best of luck on your lifestyle change! This is a great group!

Ok... so this morning we got up and hit the continental breakfast again down stairs. Again, Buscuits & gravy...I just couldnt help it.. LOL..BUT I only had 1, not 2. So, calorie wise it wasnt bad.
    Already have the cooler packed with sliced apples, 100 cal cream cheese fruit spread and some fresh pineapple. Threw in some wheat thins & cheese too. I bought a 1 gallon water thermos and a new water bottle with a shoulder strap and insulated wrap at walmart ($3.88) yesterday, so thats filled also with water and ice. They have them back in sporting goods.

Since Im gonna be walking pretty much all day, Im not gonna log exercise today or calories. I logged in what I have for snacks and what I ate for breakfast, but Im mostly gonna just focus on eating every 3 hours today and eat healthy stuff for lunch and dinner. There is a German pavillion in epcot that Im sure we will land at for lunch. We'll see.

Last nights dinner was absolutely amazing and by far THE BEST bbq I have ever had. That being said by me is a VERY big compliment, because I would go as far as to say it beats mine all to hell! I had to have 1 maryland crabcake, because they were thier signature dish and I had never had crabcakes before. Also had a lunch size rack of beef ribs, which was PLENTY, about 1/4 cup (if that) of coleslaw, which wasnt too creamy so It didnt have much dressing on it and a very small baked sweet potato. The place is called "Bare Bones" for which it is aptly named and they have 2 locations, the one here and one in Maryland. The meat was not fatty or greasy at all and the staff.... our waitress and the bartender were amazingly friendly. We sat out on the deck next to the marina with the boats while we were eating. RAVE, RAVE reviews!! 5 out of 4 stars! :laugh:

Ok.. enough about food...I better go shower so we can get moving.

Have a great day everyone!
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone... I had a good weekend with my grandbabies... I love the..

I just got done working out and it was horrible.. I am sore and sunburnt... I only burnt 359 calories and I usually do about 500 with the walk strong video.. Ugg Oh well.. I am off to get ready for work... Have a good monday everyone...

Anita