T.H.E. Team April 10-16 Week 10

Options

Replies

• indianagranny
    Options
    Hey Everyone

Welcome Topaz - this is fantastic group - very motivational and supportive. Be sure and join in.

Anita - glad to hear you spent time with your grandbabies. I miss mine so much.

Kristi - sounds like you did great for Easter. Good Girl - WE CAN DO THIS! By the way, my problem might have been TOM but it sure scared me senseless and back into a better frame of mind on this. Weight is back down - now I am staying off scale til Friday. I know Saturday is lurking around the corner this week - I will have a plan set to get through this.

LI4G and Morgolis - HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY AT EPCOT CENTER.

Well off to do some walking tapes!
  • chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    Hey everyone,

After a week of eating **** all week time to start logging again because it keeps me in line!!

How's everyone easter weekend?
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

After a week of eating **** all week time to start logging again because it keeps me in line!!

How's everyone easter weekend?

My easter was really good Chanty.. Thanks for asking.. It was busy busy busy.. I had about 42 people at my house. Great day, and nice and warm..

Today is back to logging food.. I didn't do it Sat. or Sun.. I knew I would eat in moderation but I wouldn't know how to log all the different foods and there was no way to measure anything...

I also started my TOM so I won't even go near the scale till Friday.... Geeze I hate that thing....

How was your Easter?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,087 Member
    Options
    Topaz! Welcome to you! I read your introduction and kind of know what you went through. I'm glad you found us and that you are trying this the healthy way! Check in with us...we need you as much as you need us. :flowerforyou:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Hi, Everyone!

cm's rule below. ( And it's not a very good one, so if you can - don't use it. )

.........................................."Holidays don't count." :ohwell: ......................................................

I had no intention of ignoring the food yesterday. I don't know why exactly, I guess I just wanted sugar. Since I never buy it for my house, and I was going to someone else's, I just knew there would be candy of every kind. You don't want to know . . . . really.

Luckily for me I had a dental appointment this morning and I'm still numb, so my day's eating will be sparse. I know it's bad not to eat, but I just can't between the numbness and the nausea I get form the drugs they use.

I'm "zig-zagging" my calories. Yeah, that's it.....
    (Zig-zagging is a calorie-variation plan that has been discussed here on MFP many times. Google it if you are wondering. I call it "roll-over calories" Cuz that's how I roll.) bwahaha.gif

So today I've been drinking hot tea and a tiny bit of honey so I don't pass out. As soon as I can eat I'll have something and then go run. I've been alternating - run one day, Zumba the next, two days a week off (usually after the longest runs.)

Yari and Jamie, Week Two Day Two for me on Cto5K, you too?

I :heart: Epcot! wish I was there - except the bugs and heat. But Epcot is a three day trip - you guys - spend the night! (Too late, I know) :tongue: OOOhhh! Scary, Morgolis about the snorkel trip. I have a SCUBA dive planned this weekend. It better not snow again..:angry:

singdolphins.gif
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Whassuppppp teamies?!?! Sorry I wasn't around this weekend ~ had a "pull-the-covers-over-my-head-and-pray-to-die" headache all day Saturday. Yesterday was better but just stuck around the house ~ missed the Easter dinner with hubby's family so no food guilt for me today - that's the bright side:happy:

Welcome Topaz!!!! :flowerforyou: We're glad you are here ~ this is a great team and I'm sure you will be a great addition!

I do NOT, do NOT do NOT want to exercise!!! Need my butt kicked ~ I haven't done anything since last Wednesday! However, I did spring clean my house today allllllll day long. Did baseboards, rolled up rugs and cleaned underneath, moved furniture and swept under ~ all the big stuff. I didn't stop sweating until I sat down to dinner this evening!

I have an interview tomorrow for a job I really really really want. Keep your fingers crossed for me ~ I'm starting to feel very dejected:frown: uggh! Not on my pity-pot yet, but contemplating it's value:ohwell:

Sounds like everyone had a great Easter weekend!

Later gaters ~ lulu:heart:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,087 Member
    Options
    :angry: wuwu I have no job.

wuwu exercise....buttkick.gif

SheMadeMeDoIt.gif
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    CM - that was the most tentative little kick in the butt I've ever had! It was almost *sweet* ~ Thanks, I think.

:happy:
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    :angry: wuwu I have no job.

wuwu exercise....buttkick.gif

SheMadeMeDoIt.gif

Sorry lulu but you need to hear it again! Where is my sit - up challenge buddy? I am trying to finish week 5 with the test. Let you know tomorrow how I did. (should have done it last friday - so you can kick me too.)

I tried to log food this weekend but know I ate more than I recorded so its only an estimate. I did go wogging outside today - beautiful warm weather. No gym pass this month so the weather better stay nice...or else :explode:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Topaz! Welcome!! Glad you found us! :flowerforyou: This is a crazy bunch. You'll get a lot of fun and great support here.
    cm's rule below. ( And it's not a very good one, so if you can - don't use it. )

.........................................."Holidays don't count." :ohwell: ......................................................

I had no intention of ignoring the food yesterday. I don't know why exactly, I guess I just wanted sugar. Since I never buy it for my house, and I was going to someone else's, I just knew there would be candy of every kind. You don't want to know . . . . really.

I'm "zig-zagging" my calories. Yeah, that's it.....
    (Zig-zagging is a calorie-variation plan that has been discussed here on MFP many times. Google it if you are wondering. I call it "roll-over calories" Cuz that's how I roll.) bwahaha.gif

Whatchew mean, "zig zagging", and "thats how I roll"?? Just where do you think you are rolling, missy? No roll over calories here! z144813349.jpg

I may just have to go penguin on you. (Instead of going postal, see.....?)

Ok, not a great joke, but I have been trying to find a way to use my gangsta penguins.

So, everyone, LONG day at work, as evidenced by the fact that its so late, I am writing tomorrow.

Yes, I am not making a great deal of sense, I know. :yawn: Sorry.

Anyway, just wanted to check in and say hi! Sheila, where are you girlfriend? Time to check back in and show us up at exercising! Nita, sorry to miss you the am. Jamie, Chanty and you other running fools, take care, don't get hurt as you leap from the couch to 5 k. I am working on the couch to exercise clothing system. So, after about two weeks, I will have worked up the energy to put on my sweats.... 154.gif

Dwray, listened to Alison Kraus this am on the way to work and thought of you! smiley-rocking.gif What you been up to?

lulu, good luck on the interview! Feel free to use me for a reference. :wink:

li4g and margolis, continue to have fun. But, seriously, German food? You can have that at home! Hit the Italian food place. :drinker: Cuz, thats how I roll! :laugh:

Well friends, missed you today, which is now yesterday. animals.jpg
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Hey, gang :smile: . Just popping in to say Hi and give you a biiiig hug.

I've been busy lately and visiting family, so I didn't log in much. Looks like I'm doing well weight-wise (not losing not gaining is still doing well, right? :wink: ), but I gotta get home and jump on *my* scale, the one I trust, cos it's the one accompanying me all the way :tongue: .

No aerobics or jogging here, but pretty much walking. Hope things are good with y'all and that the weather is as sunny and cheerful as over here :happy: .

:love:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Well, yesterday was alot of fun. We got to Epcot at about 12:30. First thing in the gate we found Stitch! He's so cute!! Got some pics with him... here ya go...

epcot003-1.jpg

epcot004.jpg

After going on a couple rides, we headed tward the German Pavillion for lunch. There was an authentic hoffbrauhaus with a german lunch buffet. There was music and food and beer in liters... oh my! The food was great... very authentic tasting but I was very good! I had 1 plate with a tiny scoop of everything to taste it all, then hit the dessert bar to "taste" that as well. :bigsmile:

The lines were long, but the weather was awesome!! It wasnt too hot and there was a breeze most of the day. Somewhat overcast.. not too bad on humidity. We saved the BEST ride for last which was Mission Space. Quite basically its a ride where they simulate you being launched from earth on a space mission to mars. All I can say is... I woulda done it again and again and again, if we werent short of time to go watch fireworks. It was the coolest ride at Epcot!

We only did about 1/2 the park, but we walked the ENTIRE way to the other side of the lake to the german place and back. We woulda done the boat, but there were things we wanted to see. Kinda like this little curious dude...

epcot001.jpg

After visiting about 1/2 of the pavillion around the lake, we headed back and did the future world part of things then around 8:30, We got a good spot to watch the fireworks show. All I can say is... Incredible! I got some great shots of that too... so here ya go...

epcot005.jpg

epcot006.jpg

We were both just sore and dead by the time we were done. My calves ached, my ankles ached.. but amazingly enough, my back did ok!! Usually that is the first thing to hurt. Anyway.. this morning we are both good. Little bit stiff in the back, but I think its cuz of the tiny queen sized bed. Its not the most comfy thing in the world.

Between the 2 of us we drank more than 1 gallon of water while we were there. Those water bottles were not only a lifesaver to carry healthwise.. but definitely mandatory carry along because the prices to buy drinks and food there are insane!!! The only time we ate was at the german pavillion around 2pm and then later we got some ice cream while we were waiting for the fireworks show to start.. I dont think Ive ever had to eat ice cream so fast. It was melting faster than I could eat it.. LOL

Lulu- :noway: GET MOVING GIRL!!! No more slacken for WU! Hell, Im on vacation and Im still hitting the gym.. no more excuses.. get it done! (hows that for a buttkickin? :flowerforyou: )

Kristi- Yes, mom's german food is awesome, but the experience of a hoffbrauhaus is alot of fun. They had a live band and they get everyone singing, toastings (brosting) and dancing. We dont have one where we live. Personally... I LOVE itallian... but give it a choice and the hoffbrauhaus wins each time. Must be the beer.. :drinker:

Im glad everyone had a nice holiday weekend AND that your back to logging and exercising! Good job peeps!!

Not sure what we are doing today... may go to the gulf coast side of Florida... may stay at the hotel and utilize the pool and be lazy. We still have tomorrow too.. so whatever we dont do today, we'll do tomorrow. We were gonna go the Keys, but fell short on time and things didnt work out the way we thought. Its all good :happy:
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I can't believe it's snowing! I am going to my class at the gym in a few minutes to pick up my metabolism AND my spirits! :grumble:

I am very excited! My husband and I are going to do the Px90 together! I have watched 2 of the 12 DVDs. We want to watch them all and get everything set up before we start so there is no excuse for failure! My son wants to do it too, so it will be a family thing, how fun!

I hope you all have a great day! By the way, stillkristi, that is not ENTIRELY why I fell off the wagon, but I am sure my husband's best homebrew EVER that he made and I was taste testing didn't help matters! :laugh: :drinker:
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Good Morning

Hey wuwu will you exercise for me today PLEASE and I will take your day off? tell me how many extra calories I should eat when you're done exercising. HAHA

Kristi - quite a long day there at work. we've had two long nights extending extra into the morning hours. I'mbeat going to bed soon.

get_fit please keep the snow and take our rain - have not seen the sun for days

Sheila - where are you? miss you

well off to bed - catch u tonight before work
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Morning, all. Stillkristi, I about choked on my toast and fell of my chair when I read your comment on putting on your sweats...You are too funny!

Lulu, good luck on the job interview. Hope ya get it. No butt-kickin here, you've had a few so I'll just say, YOU CAN DO IT GIRL!!

Went waaaaayyyy over calories yesterday because we had ribeye for dinner. Been craving that for months. So we splurged and now I have to work out twice as hard today to make up for it. But at least I didn't go over on bad things, the rest of the day I ate fine, and the only thing I had for dinner was meat because I was too full for anything else. But it was good... and it will be a long time before we have it again.

Didn't go to the gym yesterday, although I had planned to in the evening, i was too full for dinner and then was just sleepy. So I didn't. That's ok, though, because I don't have a "scheduled" day off, I can take one whenever. Usually I'm at the gym 7 days.

lost 2 pounds so far this week.. hope it keeps going!
  • nitag
    Options
    Good Morning ....

I am still lagging from the weekend.. I was super tired last night and just woke up all icky too.. I did manage 42 mins on the treadmill and 100 crunches... I don't know how but I did... Packed a healthy lunch and chugged 24 ozs of water.. Then drank my coffee on my drive to work..Man I had road rage.. Some witch kept pissing me off.. Oh well.. Deep breath "inhale" hold and "exhale" - I feel better...

OK LI4G I am officially jealous... Kidding.. It looks like your having a wonderful time..

Kristi sorry to miss the AM's but instead of logging on early I have decided that I am going to take those extra mins to the treadmill or DVD with me and not log on till I get to work...

Everyone else have a great day...

Anita
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Morning gang! Get_fit, snow? Bummer! So, I got the sweats on and am feeling pretty virtuous. I see the weights sitting over there, so I am gonna pick those bad boys up.

Li4g - wow, cool pics! You look way too young to have nearly grown up kids! Thanks for sharing your vacation wih us. It beats the snow! OR rain, which is what it looks like it is going to do here.

Lisa, gmorning! Off to bed for you? We keep passing each other on our way to brush our teeth! Dewdrop, good to hear from you! How is spring in Europe? I love Europe in the spring. In Italian, the word for spring is "primavera" which literally means "first green" First green is a beautiful color, which we don't really have in Utah! :ohwell: Or if we do, it comes and goes so fast you miss it.

adopt4, oops! ix-nay on the opped-dray ow-tay ounds-pay! You will make us think you got on the scales on a day other than Friday. But otherwise, congrats!

Well everyone, have a great day! Hope to hear from you all later!
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Kristi sorry to miss the AM's but instead of logging on early I have decided that I am going to take those extra mins to the treadmill or DVD with me and not log on till I get to work...

No problem. Its a viirtual world. Its morning somewhere. bf-coffee-smiley.gif You have your coffee, I'll have my herb tea, and we'll be ready to face the day! :drinker:
  • nitag
    Options

No problem. Its a viirtual world. Its morning somewhere. bf-coffee-smiley.gif You have your coffee, I'll have my herb tea, and we'll be ready to face the day! :drinker:

I chugged that coffee too : )

I still feel so sleepy... Sunday and yesterday it was so nice.. in the 70's.. Now today were supposed to get snow.. What the heck!! Oh well.. All my blooming flowers are going to freeze : (
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    I am very excited! My husband and I are going to do the Px90 together! I have watched 2 of the 12 DVDs. We want to watch them all and get everything set up before we start so there is no excuse for failure! My son wants to do it too, so it will be a family thing, how fun!

You will love it. It is intense. I did phase one but had to put it on hold till after the marathon. I'll be resuming again probably mid may.

Gave a Luau for my hubby's 40th birthday. It was awesome. I had a whole pig catered and an amazing 3 tiere cake. We had 75 people over and it was a blast. Trying to recooperate still from all the work. We did that Saturday. Sunday we were at church from 8-2. We got home and just watched movies the rest of the day. Spent yesterday cleaning up and also did my 20 mile run. I am soooo tired. My body is suffering today. I really want to do this marathon but it seem to have taken a toll on my health this week. We'll see how it goes.
  • nitag
    Options
    HAPPY EASTER! I have been in hiding since falling off the wagon with my calories...:ohwell: :blushing: So, I am 'fessing up and starting over. I did manage to get workouts in, but my food intake was off the charts. Stress, boredom and who knows what else.

I'm gonna go read through the posts now and get caught up since everyone is sleeping in around here. Hope you all have a great Easter :flowerforyou: and are enjoying better weather than I am - it feels more like Thanksgiving, cold and rainy! :huh:

Getfit - Where ya been.??? We are here for ya!!! If ya need a kick in the but CMR has a great kicker ...

Its so easy to go back to the old ways : ( I hate that.. I so want to eat a cheeseburger but I won't even go there.. If I want Pizza I eat a lean cuisine... I didn't work out Sat or Sun and I am still draggin cuz of it.. Yesterday and today were so hard... Oh well.. That's why I am here..