Where did you meet your Valenitne?

Options

Replies

• wishn2binAZ
    wishn2binAZ Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    at the county fair, he went to school with my cousins. Here we are 22yrs later (married almost 18 yrs)
  • dinger89
    Options
    At a fantasy hockey draft :)
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    we lived in the same apartment complex (27 years ago, he watched me walk to the laundry room and decided to come over and try to meet me... we were married 6 months later)
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    My MOTHER *fooled* me into introducing me to him- I was NOT the *least* bit interested in her matchmaking skills either ( she did a LOUSY job @ finding anyone for herself so I certainly didn't want her picking out a mate for ME-haha)

in fact, he was her *favorite* bartender- yeah, THAT *really* IMPRESSED me ya know.....

She *conned* me into going out to dinner with her on Mother's Day- which, that year coincided with my 19th birthday.
    I met him that night- he was drunk- with his fiancee- and was flirting with me.
    None of these things endeared me to him AT ALL...in fact, I was thoroughly convinced he was a total jerk.

However, it *just so happened* that I ended up getting a job there a month later- working in the kitchen during college-
    and we spent a LOT of time together, started dating, and fell in love and ran off and got married.
    That was 31 yrs ago.........and it's STILL amusing to me how it all began.

Moral of the story: Ignore FIRST IMPRESSIONS. We're all jerks on any given day. It might have been an *off day* for them.
  • JohnnysJune
    Options
    High School. Had some ups and downs, even broke up for 4 years, but here we are almost 6 years married and 7 years back together. Weird how life works out sometimes! :heart: I love him more and more each day!
  • Harleydiva68
    Harleydiva68 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    County fair!! Brother-in-law introduced us!!
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    The candy aisle at Target...chocolate is my valentine.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ~ It was a dark stormy night ... as I approached the corner of 5th Street there was this object moving slowly towards me ... I could barely make out what it was in all the rain ... as it got closer I was able to make out what appears to be a man with an umbrella ... How could I not run towards a man with an umbrella in a dark alley ????

Ok ok ... That wasn't how I met my Valentine ... but it sounded pretty damn intriguing, eh ? :wink:

I met my Valentine right ......
  • acrossthesea_
    Options
    Through a mutual friend
  • januarygal
    januarygal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    at a high school dance, I asked him to dance! That was 33 years ago and still going strong, holding hands, laughing and playing together. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    AT THE GYM!!! :)
  • jforferris01
    jforferris01 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    At DJ's Arcade over 17ys ago...Should of known then that he will still be playing video games...after all these years....
  • lkwalker71
    lkwalker71 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    At a bar - we have been together for 15 years. I met his best friend first and we were only friends. He introduced us. Less than a year later he passed in an accident. I am so thankful for the time I had with our friend and that I walked into that bar.
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Church. That was the summer of '86 before computers when you had to meet people the old-fashioned way. Started dating in November, engaged in December and married the following June. 25 years later, he still makes my heart flutter!
  • mandrox1
    Options
    Through a friend/Online. Married him too. :)
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Church. That was the summer of '86 before computers when you had to meet people the old-fashioned way. Started dating in November, engaged in December and married the following June. 25 years later, he still makes my heart flutter!

Should have said before the internet became a household thing. Computers were around 25 years ago. LOL!
  • Wisemomoffour
    Wisemomoffour Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I was a junior in high school and he was a senior. Four kids and 20 years later, he is still my Valentine. :heart:
  • KTKTP
    KTKTP Posts: 22
    Options
    Sadly, I will be alone :ohwell:
  • Krissy_b777
    Options
    I have known him just about all my life. (grew up in the same small town) We have been together ever since he was in the 9th grade and I was in the 10th. We have been married for 10 wonderful years now!!
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Down an alley way when I was mugging him.