The Origin of your Profile Name

Options

Replies

• garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    My screen name is my birthstone and my initials..pretty simple, nothing exciting
  • southernyankee716
    Options
    I was born and raised in Texas - Southern
    I live in Upstate NY- Yankee

SouthernYankee was already taken so I had to add 716, which is my area code.

You can take the girl out of the south, but you can't take the south out of the girl :flowerforyou:
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    I guess I would say I lack Christmas spirit. I see the holiday as a big pain in the butt. I live near a mall so traffic in December is a nightmare. I am pressured to spend money that I don't have. I am constantly around fattening foods. I don't know what to get people because everyone already has whatever they want. I just wish it was simpler and just meant for young children.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Well...

Back in April of 1984, my mom gave birth to a little baby girl. She named me Cory (after Corrie Ten Boom, but the boy spelling, I assume because I was the youngest of three girls and my dad wanted a boy?) Ida (after my maternal grandmother).

Thus, the birth of CoryIda - literally.

Terribly exciting, I know.
  • journalistjen
    journalistjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Rouge is my favorite character too. Mine is pretty obvious--I was a Journalism major in college and worked at my school's newspaper.
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    This names just for MFP... but its because I wanna go from the COUCH to YUMz in 2012 lol corny i know
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Mine is taken from the Outlander book series by Diana Gabaldon. I am huge fan of the series and it is the motto taken from the family crest of the main character , Jamie Fraser. Je suis prest means "I am ready". So it has a double meaning to me, one as a fan of the book series and two because I am ready for a new healthier me!
  • HCBsChica
    HCBsChica Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm Hispanic, so that is the Chica part, and HCB are the hubs initials. :)
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Mine is in memory and honor of my late father. When growing up his friends called him Laddy - I added to it as I didn't feel I measured up to him therefore I couldn't call my self Laddy. Laddyboy was the next best thing I could think of.
  • trishoida
    Options
    trishoida = trisha (first name, drop a) + last name
    simple enough. I usually use trisherbie, my gamertag/ID/nickname, but it was taken. :(
  • keg619
    keg619 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    My initials are K.E.G. and born June 19th. Nothing too interesting about mine!
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I just changed mine to my real name. It is just much more personal for me.
  • It describes me....

~Weighting~ (Trying to lose it)
    ~4~ (I have 4 children)
    ~Happiness~ (it's what I am "weighting" for)
  • fatgirlzrule2
    fatgirlzrule2 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    fatgirlzrule2....cuz it's true! For some reason when I signed up on MFP I used this name, which I seldom use.... I usually am themiserychick, which was from an episode of Daria, my cousin told me I was themiserychick, and the name has stuck for years.
  • gaberieger
    Options
    Southern Germany.
  • crochet39
    Options
    I chose my name because I do A LOT of crocheting as well as yarn crafts, cross stitch and even scrapbooking. I don't think I have found a craft I didn't like. 39, well I turn 40 this year so this will forever have me 39 and holding.
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    tmch4006 - This was my login at a job I had back in 1998. "tmc" stood for the company name, "h" is the first letter of my last name, 4006 is a sequence number because of all the employees who's last name began with an "h".

I've used it ever since as an easy and non-descript id.
  • Amayrial
    Amayrial Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Mine is the last half of a gamer tag I've been using for holy crap almost 15 years. My full gamer name was Zazure Amay'rial. Now I use some form of Zazure or Amayrial as log on's.
  • ReinventingLisa
    ReinventingLisa Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I want to reinvent myself.. change my eating habits, eat healthier, do more of the advice I give to others when they ask me about health/nutrition since I love to read health books. So, ReinventingLisa was born.
  • zeikiya989
    Options
    Yeah mine isn't anything interesting, but when me and my sisters were little and just to pretend we all picked fake names. I always chose the name Zeikiya even though my name is Marshe'. And i have no idea why lol but 989 is my favorite number.