The Origin of your Profile Name

Options

Replies

• junebug76
    Options
    Junebug is b/c I was born in June and I liked the name...I had to add 76 b/c sometimes usernames require numbers...76 is my birth year, so I've used it a lot in the past...
  • NeshBeMe
    NeshBeMe Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My profile name is very simple. Nesh (my nickname, which is short for ReNesha.) Be (the first 2 letters of my last name but meant to sound like the letter B only) and Me. It's a way of telling people my name and introducing myself at the same time.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    It was between this and DaniCalifornia, but the 2nd one was taken lol

Miss_Dannii is my yahoo name, I started by trying to use Miss_Dani, then just kept adding letters til it let me have it

x
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I picked my username because, even tho I have decided to make a life-long lifestyle change and get fit, I have a certain amount of pounds I'd like to lose by July, for my daughter's wedding. Corny name, I know. :embarassed:
  • Selyan
    Selyan Posts: 51
    Options
    It started with reading the Wheel of time books. I liked the character Elayne, and I loved the name. I started using that as an online nickname, but often experienced that it was already taken, it switched to Selayne (My own name starts with an S). But then THAT was also taken.... So Selyan it became, lol x)
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Simple:
    Tai- my name
    1105- my birthday
  • SilverStrychnine
    SilverStrychnine Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    SilverStrychnine... because silver represents the feminine side, and strychnine is the one of deadliest poisons known to humankind :wink:
  • oldale40
    oldale40 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Ale is my nickname from baseball days(drank nothing but Ale) derived from my real name Allen and when i was 4o i needed my first username so oldale40 was born
  • Octavia23
    Options
    I am a taxi driver and the 23 was my first call sign the octavia was after an awfull skoda I once owned
  • shana_phoenix83
    shana_phoenix83 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Phoenix is not the place I'm from. A Phoenix is a unique bird that lived for centuries, after this time destroying itself and then rising from the ashes with renewed youth to live through another cycle. It's symbolic of my journey, and after years of destroying myself, coming alive again.
  • Lita88
    Options
    My hubby calls me LITA(short for Angelita) and 88 is my fav numbers.. prob cuz my BDAY is Aug 8th! :)
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    J'en Ai Marre is french for...I'm Fed Up... My name is Jen..."fed" represents food focus...and I am easily fed up!!! :)
  • atlantapiper
    atlantapiper Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are bagpipers and we live in the Atlanta area, so ... atlantapiper and theotheratlantapiper ... so creative, eh :wink:
  • mickatoad
    Options
    It comes from when my daughter was little (like 10+ years ago). Her favorite movie to watch on VHS over and over was Ickabod and Mr. Toad, but she always called it mickatoad. "I wanna watch Mickatoad!"
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    mine means "the prettiest woman in the world" in Spanish but I chose this to up my very low self-esteem. I faced a lot of discrimination especially when I was a kid wherein my classmates would always say I'm ugly & calling me names. Moreover my family wasn't helpful either especially when I was still overweight.
  • kriskaryl
    kriskaryl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My first name is Kristi, but at work my friends call me Kris. My middle name is Karyl...kriskaryl...and in our charming Southern manner, my mother has always called me Kriskaryl.
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    AlmstHvn is short for Almost Heaven, in honor of my home state, "West Virginia". When I came online epochs ago, MtnMama was already taken, so I went with AlmstHvn instead .... love it so much I've hung onto it for ages!
  • Tangy1966
    Tangy1966 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Just a twist on my last name and birth year!
  • kuunsilta
    kuunsilta Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My name is Finnish. Kuunsilta is the reflection of the moon on the surface of water. Directly, it means 'moon bridge'.
    When I was in Finland, my host mother and I were walking beside a river during the day and she pointed at the sun reflecting off the water and called it "auringosilta" meaning 'sun-bridge' , so I asked what it would be with the moon and she told me 'kuunsilta'. Ever since I heard it, I fell inlove with that word and now it's a common username for me =)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    1994 visiting a friend who had a Packard Bell computer and I was discovering the "internet" for the 1st time. 28K dial-up! he didn't have 33K or 56K yet, it was too new and pricy. $200 for a 56K modem! crazy I know....
    so while waiting for his sister to stop using the phone to free up the line he told me I needed a "handle" I had no idea what to choose so I spun about while looking around his room and saw "lacroyx" on a box. I think it's french for "the cross". so I went with that. I later found out it was actually "lacroix" and I just had bad eye sight. lol