The Origin of your Profile Name

Options

Replies

• aalala35
    Options
    My husband and I used to joke about having children and those children not being able to pronounce our last name. That is would come out something like alala.So my username is aalala35 for my name and age.
  • EastCincyDad
    EastCincyDad Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Pretty obvious: from East side of Cincinnati and I can't remember what life was like before my 4 kids...
  • shimmygirl411
    shimmygirl411 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Shimmy girl because I am a belly dancer and 411 stands for 'info' because I also teach belly dance. :-)
  • 1FitBabe
    1FitBabe Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I just picked what I plan to become :)
  • releasetherobots
    releasetherobots Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    release the robots!
    the name of a song by gas huffer. i also love robots.
  • Lizabee84
    Lizabee84 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    My co-worker at my previous job would call me lizabee. We had a workout team (team lizabee's) for a work realated fitness program and that is when i lost my first 20 pounds. Even though i had gained a portion back i wanted to bring back the name to see if i can still have the success. the number is for the year i was born
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    There's a long story behind the name. Short version, I was called the devil. Based on the reasons I was called the devil made it amusing to me. So the sarcastic side of me went in search of a name. A lot of people speak French around here so I googled "French Female Devil" and found what is now my profile name. I use it just about everywhere.
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    When we got married our theme was white roses......I live on the Isle of Wight.....so just a play on words really :)
  • bearbumper
    Options
    Bearbumper was my CB handle back in the late 80's. I used to live in Northern CA, near the Oregon border. This is VERY rural mountain country, with 65 miles of winding river road between our little town and the nearest town large enough to have a Walmart. I often traveled this road after dark, to take explorer post members to and from meetings, and other local roads as a neighborhood watch member. Over a period of several months I had a number of close encounters with bears of various sizes. Generally this consisted of chasing them down the road while they looked for a trail off the road, but one summer night a large bear nearly came through my open window!

After a number of these encounters Bearbumper became my CB handle.
  • I1ahunt
    Options
    I am an avid outdoorsman....mine is rather simple and I took it from a license plate I had made...."I1ahunt" or I wanna hunt.
  • sandybeachez
    sandybeachez Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am from the caribbean, hence the name sandy beachez. However I could not use S because it was taken, when I first came up with a user name.
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    sporty: came from playing three sports in high school and liking most sports in general
    redhead: pretty self-explanatory
    01: high school graduation year.

And I've been using it forever. :)
  • babybossy
    babybossy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Mine has become a family joke. My hubby would call me "bossy" when he didn't like what I was telling him. Then, one day, a co-worker and I got to talking about birth order and personalities associated with each place in the family. I asked her why, since I am the "baby" of the family, I act more like a first child. Without knowing how many kids were in my family, she asked if I was a fifth child. I was floored as I started to wonder if she had "psychic" abilities. She said that there are 4 positions in a family (amongst siblings) and a fifth child takes on the characteristics of a first child. She said, "kind of like a Baby Bossy". When I told my hubby, he howled and the name has stuck since. :laugh:
  • butterflykoffee
    butterflykoffee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I used to own a coffee house named the Butterfly Kiss Koffee House (had to carry the "k" from kiss to the coffee) hence butterflykoffee. :drinker:
  • eatmeingo
    Options
    eatmeingo is my tumblr username haha.

Ingo is my favorite character from Pokémon, the rest is an inside joke XD
  • gr8grl68
    gr8grl68 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Mine is pretty boring--I've just used it FOREVER--gr8grl68 or Great Girl 68 (the year I was born). . .which I guess doesn't make me a GIRL anymore :) I should change it--but don't know what I'd change it to.
  • babybossy
    babybossy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Laddyboy, that is VERY sweet. Nice to honor your dad.
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I love to dance salsa. Salsera means a girl salsa dancer.

In the salsa scene here everyone basically knows everyone casually but they don't know anyone by name. A girl, which later became a good friend of mine, didn't know my real name so she just referred to me as Barbie cause she thought I was as cute a little doll.

Hence, salsera_barbie!
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Very simple.....Jen (me) loves sushi.
  • Snubbleup
    Options
    Numfar (played by Joss Whedon) was a character on just one or two episodes of the TV show "Angel". Numfar did the 'dance of shame' when Lorne returned to his home dimension, which cracked me up and it just stuck.