Down 144lbs 10mths!!!! If I can do it, You can!!!! ♥♥

Options
Thru so many Tears, Fears, Blood & sweat.. Here is a lil bit of My Story Of my Journey to the Healthier, Sexier ME.....

My Name is Rachel and I am 33yrs old..I am a very proud mommy of 3 Beautiful Babies and a Angel In Heaven.. I started my Journey Many Many years ago but never followed it thru till this last time, which was in November 2010 after I had My 3rd child.. I was a whopping 312lbs in November but let me tell you that was not my heaviest weight in life, back in 2003 before I even had children I weighed 359lbs and the Dr. told me I had to lose weight if I wanted any children so I did and loss 84lbs then, but with having more children the weight just went up and down, so and as of this pass Saturday I weighed in at 166lbs.. I was a sz 28 and I am currently a sz 11 and some 10's fit as well, So I am a happy girl!!!!

I have so many friends who ask How did I do this without surgery, Diet fads ect and what Motivated me to stick with this!!! so here you go.... When I was pregnant with my last child I felt awful, like a fat cow and My Husband was Just adding to it saying stuff like man you really going to eat that!!! or just telling me I was a fatty and to quit using the excuse that I was pregnant to eat food.. which he said he was just playing but you don't say those things to someone you supposibly LOVE... My weight was putting a strain on my marriage and My husband seemed to be embarressed/ashamed to be seen with me, I think he was surprised that he'd married a woman who looked one way, and then 1 year later, she was twice that size. It is still Very complicated around here but in the complete opposite way.. All I can say is If you Don't want me at My Worst, then you Sure as Hell don't Deserve me at my BEST... Right????? Now that was the negative Motivation for me to want to show him and everyone else I could do it, but My Positive Motivation came from My Special Lil Guy Jordan.. He is 4yrs old and legually blind((vision at 20/475)) and has been thru so much with surgeries and therapies in his short life, he struggles daily but never gives up and I looked at him oneday and said if he can do this I can lose weight and make sure I am around to take care of him longer.. So Seeing my lil guy overcome 5 different surgeries under the age of 2 and overcome all theses daily challenges I Believed In myself as I do Jordan and I have Over achieved..

Now for my healthy eating and exercising I have been been on a 1200-1300 calorie diet since the beginning.. And usually 3 times a month I try and "shock" my body by having a lil bad in my diet .. AKA.. ((cheat day)) "like zaxby's" my favorite.. just give's your body a lil wakeup every once in a while..

I workout 5 days a week for at least 2-3 hrs every morning, I get up about 4:30 so my babies are still sleeping.. I change up my routine daily except with the video workout I may be using at the time.. that's a constant until it ends.. ((right now it's boot camp "biggest loser"))
I also use elliptical/stepper, Ifit Treadmill w/shoxs, boxing/punching bag.. then I do some strenghtening with a weight machine/loose weights.. Jumping jacks, squats and situps are some of my favorites to do thru out the day randomly..I should also add that I have my own personal home gym so this is convient to me unlike some who struggle day to day to get to the gym.. So this is a plus for me...

A couple lil Secrets I have learned along the Way...
(Just so you know us chunky monkey's can have loose skin but here is my secret I have learned and it works)
Ok.. loose skin:::: well I was very scared about that and yes I still have some, but I have also had 3 babies so it's not all going to go away.. the secret is to not let it be to bad is to buy yourself a spanks a size smaller than you are to help suck in your loose skin while exercising.. "it works" it's like tightening your muscles for you instead of sitting there trying to suck your gut in the whole time during your workout... you will notice a big difference within the first 2 weeks.. flabby skin like bat wings and loose skin between your legs.. It's all about finding the right toning exercise while you are losing weight, tone as you go!!! ((I have some exercises I will Share if you inbox me)) for some trouble zones...

So now you can get a feel of who I am and How I have taken up and I am achieving my Goals..
the big thing is Obviously, I am physically different from the way I was, but I am emotionally different too. Physically, I can exercise for hours, I can run, clothes fit me, I have muscles, I am strong. But I think the bigger changes, for me, have been the emotional ones, I struggle with these daily and I know this will continue for a while, But I am a fighter and will Not give up on myself or any of my AMAZING MFP Family...

I believe in myself more than I ever have before. I have a greater sense of self-worth; I put myself first often; I am able to make decisions and follow through with them even if it hurts or is scary; and I’ve learned that change can be a good thing and an opportunity to grow. One of the most rewarding changes has been that I've gained people in my life whom I consider invaluable, and whose paths most likely would never have crossed my own had I not made the decision to change my life(( which is alot of my MFP Buddies)). My journey will never be over — this was a lifestyle change for me. I am currently less then 20lbs pounds from my goal weight, and I have no doubt I will reach the finish line! I am hoping that oneday all my AMAZING MFP Family will all Feel as Self Loved as I do.. You can all do this!!!!! I Believe in you all, and I will Not be going anywhere when My goals are reached I will continue to stand behind each of you and Support, Motivate, Cry with you or anything it takes.. Love you All Bunches, and My AMAZING MFP Family know this....

"Believe in yourself and know that you'll cross the finish line. No one can want it bad enough for you. You have to want it for yourself — and more than anything." ((One of my favorite quotes))

I love that for the first time in my life, I believe in myself, feel I am worth something in this world, and know I can do and have anything I want. I am strong… The next step is always mine to take.

Carolinamomma3 is Soooo Blessed, With the most AMAZING MFP Family...

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨Love's, Hugs & butterfly kissesƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Your Friend,
~Rachel~

Replies

• Missy0104
    Options
    That's amazing!!! Way to go!!! I'm sad that your hubby had to make you feel that way but woot for you for taking control and doing it for yourself!!!
  • _David_
    _David_ Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Simply amazing transformation, by far the most motivational person i have ever had the please of friending. Congrats on the awsome job done so far and the dedication you give everyday.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    YES! You are awesome. Great job!!!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • CaitlinMyers428
    CaitlinMyers428 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You've done an amazing job! :) You're an inspiration to me.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    You are AWESOME!!!!
  • RB12000
    Options
    Great Job Rachel! Very motivational post!
  • athenawho
    Options
    Very impressive, congratulations :)
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!! Your story is so awesome. It is so hard to stay with a program month after month but you are so right....you did it and we can too. Thank you for sharing and good luck to all of you.
  • Michelle9939
    Options
    That is awesome!!
  • jenvens
    jenvens Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Wow...you are such an inspiration to me. I was thinking about lap-band surgery because I am so close to giving up yet again. I know that it can be done now because you have totally inspired me! Thanks!
  • JThomas61
    Options
    You have overcome so much Rachel and you are still postive on a daily basis. That is true dedication and inspiration for all of us.
  • SWEET31
    Options
    Congrats ,so inspiring you are proof that if you propose something you can do it :)
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!! Thank you for sharing!
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    You are so amazing!!! Congrats! Thanks for the tip on spanx- I am going to give that a try :-)

You are a true inspiration!

Congratulations on your success and your continued success!!!!
  • chicago_dad
    Options
    Simply amazing transformation, by far the most motivational person i have ever had the please of friending. Congrats on the awsome job done so far and the dedication you give everyday.

100% agree. I look forward to seeing your posts every day on the site. You inspire me to try harder. I thought of you on my run this morning in fact. I was slacking, thought of you, started running faster. Thank you so much.
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You are amazing!!
  • endopride
    Options
    your post is soo inspirational!!! great job!!!
  • farmingfool
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story and encouragement. Keep up the good work!
  • mama2eight
    mama2eight Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You are amazing---I lost almost 50 pounds and have gained 13 of those back and was trying to zumba but stopped halfway. I was feeling sluggish and started feeling "why bother" when I came across your post. Thank you, you have motivated me to keep going!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!