There are 2 kinds of people at the gym....

Options
The people that either have there ipods in blaring and look like they have the eye of the tiger lol or the guys that do work but talk to everybody who comes in the gym. Which one are you???:)

Replies

• Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I HAVE to listen to music blaring in my ears. It keeps me focused and sometimes sets the pace for me.
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    music all the way. i cant stand people talking to me while im all sweaty. its weird.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    My dance music blaring in my headphones I don't like to be social at the gym unless I'm taking a group class
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    i am the ipod person lol i have people look at me odd cause i mouth the words too and in certain songs i am a maniac and others i am a little slower lmao
  • getfit4u89
    Options
    Very true!! I NEED to listen to my music while doing cardio, have to get my mind off of the work. Lifting weights it doesnt matter as much
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    just call me Rocky Balboa
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Music. I want to focus on my workout, not socialize. Wow, that sorta sounds mean but it's not meant to. I'm just not at the gym to chat, I'm there to burn some calories and kick my own *kitten*.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Music blaring with a do not disturb look on my face.
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Music blaring, the gym is not a social event, not even spinning class. Unless you're a 45 year old woman. :wink:
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Music all the way.
  • Music_is_my_soul
    Music_is_my_soul Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    music blaring for me too!!! Eye on the tiger baby!!!
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I must be the mysterious 3rd type of person at the gym. I don't blare music into my ears and I don't talk to everyone... I just get on my machine, turn on the tv, work out, smile at everyone, and then go home...
  • Tanyawhite30
    Options
    You forgot the people who talk to everyone WHILE on being on the machine YOU want to be on.....and you have to wait....and wait....and wait....:smile:
  • duharvalgt
    Options
    I'm definately the Ipod guy, I'm always listening to Rammstein or Muse at max volume.
  • Honey_gold_queen
    Honey_gold_queen Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think I am a bit of both. Depends on my mood. If it is a class, i like to socialize before it begins, and get familiar with my workout buddies. But when I have my focus on, I don't want to be distracted with chit chat. If i wanted to have a conversation, I would have stayed home. :smile:
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Never really noticed lol. I can't lift with headphones in, and I talk to no one
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I'm the Ipod guy need music but your forgot one more...the *kitten* on the phone talking so loud like we really give a S*hit!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,652 Member
    Options
    The people that either have there ipods in blaring and look like they have the eye of the tiger lol or the guys that do work but talk to everybody who comes in the gym. Which one are you???:)
    I don't use an Ipod lifting or doing cardio. So I'm neither when it comes to my own workout.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • dieseljay74
    Options
    Skull Candies go in and it's all business.
  • TiffanyDawn79
    TiffanyDawn79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Music all the way! I can't stand when someone comes up to talk to me with my headphones in just to ask if I want a free personal training session!