There are 2 kinds of people at the gym....

Replies

• JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Gotta have my tunes.
  • Mybabie
    Mybabie Posts: 239
    Neither. I just go and work out don't listen to music and don't talk to everyone.:smile:
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    I listen to rap really loud so I can't hear myself grunt on the heavier sets.
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Tunes!
  • addisondisease2
    addisondisease2 Posts: 348 Member
    I don't listen to music, I am able to focus without it.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Make 'em say Uuuuuuuhhhhhh....na na na naaaaa!
  • just call me Rocky Balboa

Cool cat. Is that a Turkish Angora?
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Ipod or book
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    I don't talk or listen to music.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    I'm an eye of the tiger kind of person. Like, don't you dare come talk to me or I'll bite your head off. How I met my boyfriend at the gym is beyond me...
  • If i don't listen to music, which is getting more frequent, I never talk to anyone. I despise small talk and can't do it, anyway. Annoying for all involved. I go to exercise, not have a sorority/fraternity meet 'n greet rush thing.
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    I must be the mysterious 3rd type of person at the gym. I don't blare music into my ears and I don't talk to everyone... I just get on my machine, turn on the tv, work out, smile at everyone, and then go home...
    I'm with you - hide the elliptical or bike display with a magazine and just keep pedalling. Doesn't work on the treadmill so I have to design little plans to change the incline/speed at certain time intervals to give me something to focus on.
  • holt_melissa
    holt_melissa Posts: 1 Member
    I always thought the two kinds of people at the gym were:
    - The people who wipe down equipment after they use it, or
    - The worst people in the universe

I read that on a blog somewhere and thought it was too funny not to share :)
  • karley511
    karley511 Posts: 33 Member
    I must be the mysterious 3rd type of person at the gym. I don't blare music into my ears and I don't talk to everyone... I just get on my machine, turn on the tv, work out, smile at everyone, and then go home...

Same here!
  • karley511
    karley511 Posts: 33 Member
    I always thought the two kinds of people at the gym were:

Hilarious!
  • Music. I wipe down the equipment before and after I use it; part of my OCD. LOL
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Neither. I'm the one that works out with no music and enjoys the silence.
  • I always thought the two kinds of people at the gym were:

I read that on a blog somewhere and thought it was too funny not to share :)

:laugh: :laugh: Seriously that is the worst!!!
  • mskari77
    mskari77 Posts: 142
    My headphones are always in. My gym plays the crappiest music. I do love Adele, but really...how are you supposed to get into a good heavy set to that? But, I am not anti-social either. Everyone at my gym is really friendly, but also understands no one wants to chat for an hour either. A quick, "hey how's it going? what are you working today? have a good workout." suffices.
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    The people that either have there ipods in blaring and look like they have the eye of the tiger lol or the guys that do work but talk to everybody who comes in the gym. Which one are you???:)
    I don't use an Ipod lifting or doing cardio. So I'm neither when it comes to my own workout.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Ditto. I'm usually just focused on what I'm doing and off in my only little world. The place could catch on fire and I'd be the last to notice and run. And I sure don't visit with people during my workout. Maybe a bit before or after. When I'm there, I'm going to workout hard and make it count.