There are 2 kinds of people at the gym....

Options

Replies

• Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Music it is! i dont like the thought of people looking at me so DEFINATLEY don't talk to me! lol
  • judypriv
    judypriv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I must be the mysterious 3rd type of person at the gym. I don't blare music into my ears and I don't talk to everyone... I just get on my machine, turn on the tv, work out, smile at everyone, and then go home...

That's me a lot. Sometime I do the music but I get bored so the TV helps me keep going. i find I better in the Zumba and Disco dance classes but I also sing to the songs too so i must really look looney!
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    music all the way. i cant stand people talking to me while im all sweaty. its weird.

I feel the same way...i'm like can't you see i'm focused right now
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Music and focused. I usually walk around looking like I would rip your face off if you try talking to me. Probably why I have never had someone try and talk to me at the gym. :)
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I hate being talked to, I wish I could cover myself in a protective bubble - shroud of invisibility. Eye o' the Tiger here. I laughed at the 'other' type tho when I read it.. haha. There's always those guys - they do like 4 squats then go over and chat to another big burly dude doing 4 squats, then they stand and talk about how much they lifted the other day. lol.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    The people that either have there ipods in blaring and look like they have the eye of the tiger lol or the guys that do work but talk to everybody who comes in the gym. Which one are you???:)

Eye of the tiger. My headphones are huge and noise-canceling so I can't hear anyone but my badass workout music. I had Rage Against the Machine going yesterday.

By the time I'm done, I look like a sweaty red alien. Nobody talks to me at the gym.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    The people that either have there ipods in blaring and look like they have the eye of the tiger lol or the guys that do work but talk to everybody who comes in the gym. Which one are you???:)

Eye of the damn Tiger.

I often catch myself accidentally singing out loud to whatever is on my ipod, and depending on what it is (I have quite random taste in music) it can be pretty embarrassing. Like the other day when I was lifting weights and accidentally started singing Drake and Lil Wayne "The Motto" out loud. Not exactly appropriate language. Oops.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Not really either of those. I'm the chick that has the music blaring, but is usually singing, dancing, head banging, air guitaring, air drumming...etc. while doing most everything I do while I'm there. I'm usually really focused (obviously in my own little world), but the gym usually takes my mind of stuff, and puts me in a good mood.
  • jferris91
    jferris91 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I got both...If I go with some friends I will talk to them only....but if I go alone I have the Ipod going, wondering if anyone else can hear my music :p
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I always have my headphones on, even if my Ipod isn't on. I prefer to be left alone and focus on the task at hand.
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    i'm both. some days i have my ipod on blast and have, as you say, the eye of the tiger
    and others
    i'm more laid back (no ipod) and socilalize with everyone & help them out :smile:
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I'm the first.. Made the mistake once of saying hi to one of the senior citizens that works out there and it resulted in a 45 minute conversation of his day.. Gym childcare cost me an extra $2 that day...lol
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    I've got to have the tunes cranked up!! : ))
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I'm in my zone w/ my headphones . . . sorry no time to chit chat I'm working on a bangin' body :wink:
  • carolannallen
    Options
    Iam also the 3rd type. its my time for peace and quiet. no loud IPod blarring in my ears. No making new friends or aimless chit chat. Iam all business with what I am working out on be the treadmill or weights.
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    i used to come in without headphones or anything.

but now, i got my headphones shoved in my ears and SO loud while i run! but i dont listen to anything when i lift (which is daily) but when i get to the cardio, its dubstep all the way... gets me runnin forever without even thinking about it!
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    My dance music blaring in my headphones I don't like to be social at the gym unless I'm taking a group class

But its so hard to hit on you when you have your headphones in....

;)
  • crunchymommy
    crunchymommy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Ha ha! I just discovered that mouthing the words is a good way to distract myself from the fact that the treadmill is SO boring (I like running outside but I'm not so tough that I'll do it in any weather). I'm training for a half mar. and did 7 miles on the treadmill the other day with ipod blaring, mouthing the words, sweating like a pig. I'm sure I looked like a total nutjob. I really couldn't care less though! I had fun.
  • NuggyBear
    Options
    Neither :) I'm a runner and spend the majority of my gym time on the treadmill. But no music for me please...I like to block everyone and everything else out. I like getting lost in my thoughts :) If I do take my headphones, I rarely know what song is even playing haha!! I'm not much of a talker when I'm working out...I'm usually running way too hard to hold a conversation of more than head nods and an occasional "yea" or "no" :)
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    music up LOUD! doesn't matter if i'm doing aerobic type work out, or weights.

i don't even look people in the eye at the gym. not 100% sure why...... i'm pretty much in there to do my thing. get in/ get out!!

there is a trainer at my gym that i actually have spoken to once. i was in a boot camp class and he was at the desk behind us, so, we exchanged a couple words, LOL! that's it though!!!