There are 2 kinds of people at the gym....

Options

Replies

• twiztedgrl69
    twiztedgrl69 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Definitely music...only person I really talk to is my trainer and a person here or there that I know...but for the most part, the tunes go on and I'm all business
  • Thad81
    Thad81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Eye of the tiger all the way. I try not to talk to much to people as they never seem to want to stop. I am there to workout, not that I am rude or anything. But its hard for someone to start too much of a conversation with me if I cant hear them.
  • JennL418
    Options
    I have to have my music. In fact, I believe I may even have "Eye of the Tiger" on my gym mix. lol I also go one step further in the "don't talk to me please" type at the gym, I wear a baseball cap pulled down low over my eyes.
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Music. The louder, the better.
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I have had a school gym all to my self so the music goes in the player and goes on just to keep me focused
  • ezramedic
    Options
    Music! Mostly because I work so hard there is no breath left in my body for chit-chat - and the headphones ward off the talkers! ;-)
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    :blushing:
    I'm a talker.

But I always wipe down my machine after I'm done! So am I forgiven?
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    .............. both?

I have my music up while I'm in the zone, but if someone wants to chat, i turn it off and chat.
  • Poohsta0
    Poohsta0 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I wear the headphones so I don't have to talk to that guy but they are generally unplugged.
  • gnrduff1
    gnrduff1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    iPod. Loud. MetaL. if I'm on the treadmill, I sometimes find myself air-drumming (not the bass drum obviously).
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i prefer podcasts....adam carolla, bill simmons, etc...
  • nyvah
    nyvah Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    OMGSH!! too funny. i need music for sure! keeps me focused.
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    .............. both?

I have my music up while I'm in the zone, but if someone wants to chat, i turn it off and chat.

Me too, especially if I'm on the Cybex. Sometimes chatting makes the time go faster and helps to increase the heart rate too. I've met lots of good friends at the gym and have friends meet me there as well to work out together.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Very different scenario for me, our gym is very social with the same core group of people there at 6am every day. We all know eachother, NO iPods allowed (unoficcially of course) but there is music played through the gym. We rip on eachother, encourage eachother, and compete with eachother through the session. The time actually flies by really fast.

Before this gym, I was definitely an iPod guy though. Get in, music on, workout, go home. I much prefer this environment though.
  • marquesajen
    Options
    Music, or if we're the only ones there we watch the history channel and I put on my game face. If I'm working REALLY hard I probably have the "I'm walking alone in North Philly, so if you come near me I'll kick you" look, which I use when I'm walking alone in North Philly...
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    eye of the tiger, baby.
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Headphones in, Beast Mode ON!!! But if someone approaches me I take them out and if you smile at me, I smile back :wink:
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Make 'em say Uuuuuuuhhhhhh....na na na naaaaa!

Master P FTW!
  • nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    don't do the gym but I'm and IPOD girl all the way
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    If I'm doing cardio its high tempo music blasting. I've never worn music in the weights room, I can't work out where to put it, feels strange to use my running strap in there! so I am no music when strength training, lots of hellos and "how many sets are you doing?s"