Severely depressed

Options
1235»

Replies

• joiselene
    joiselene Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. Lots of good replies on here. What helps me is listening to Eckhart Tolle audiobooks/seminars on my headphones. You may have heard of him on Oprah and his book Power of Now. It really helps to clear my head and see the big picture, to be grateful and live in the moment and realize what makes you upset and react the way you do. It's easier said than done and takes practice. I have downloaded his audiobooks/seminars but there are also videos on YouTube. Hope this helps!
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Most insurance plans do cover "mental" health, it may be a slightly higher co-pay is all.

^^ True.

Depending on where you are, too, there are a lot of FREE services out there. Some employers also have an EAP (Employee Assistance Program) that allows free counseling sessions, with full privacy. The employer doesn't even know who used it, who didn't.
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I feel guilty for feeling so bad since I have so many things to be grateful for (healthy children, food, roof over head, education) but I seriously can't help it.

Depression is a medical issue. You could have the perfect life, and it could still hit you hard. Don't feel guilty. I hope you feel better soon.

TRUE TRUE TRUE ^^^ Thanks for pointing that out.