Ripped in 30 Buddies?

Options

Replies

• Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I just bought Ripped in 30 today. Should I do 30 Day Shred first?
    I think that depends on your current fitness levels. I think Ripped in 30 is harder but you can pace yourself and keep doing week one until you get it down. Try it out- see how it goes! Good luck!
  • bekylouisex3
    bekylouisex3 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 4 phew! Burnt 385 calories :smile: Challenged myself today to do the advanced versions of every cardio move...yay! Still struggling on the push ups at the very start, I'm on my knees and still only manage to do about 15 seconds worth :blushing:
  • ashliehawk
    Options
    Hi ladies! Yes maybe 160 is to low but I kind of judge it of running on the treadmill lol kind of crazy but with me walking running and jogging it takes about 10 mins to burn 100 calories so I just guessed low to be safe. I plan to do it 6 days a week as well Sunday being my rest day but yesterday I didn't do it because my day at home was hectic but I did do my treadmill. I just did the ripped in 30 week one day 5. I am guessing I may stay on a week for a whole 7 days I'm just going to play by ear though.. What is the best moniter so I will be able to get my calorie count? Hope everyone has a great day!!!:wink:
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    I just bought Ripped in 30 today. Should I do 30 Day Shred first?
    I think that depends on your current fitness levels. I think Ripped in 30 is harder but you can pace yourself and keep doing week one until you get it down. Try it out- see how it goes! Good luck!

Thanks! I will try RI30 and see. My friend said she has 30DS and she felt it was easy. If I need to, I can use her DVD to get me up to speed. :)
  • mom1520
    Options
    I just finished Week 1 Day 3. My whole body is sore. I used 3lb weights for 30DS and upped to 5lbs for RI30 because 3lbs seemed to easy.
  • Ceceamanda
    Ceceamanda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've been using Ripped in 30 as my main exercise of choice in the morning but not for 30 days straight. Is got hurt last time I was doing it and wanted to build up my leg strength as my knees weren't too fond of all the squats/lunges Jillian has in her videos. I've been doing it about 3 times a week and adding other workouts throughout the week as well. (Recently did her 6 pack in 6 weeks and loved it) This morning I started "week 3". Let me tell ya....when she says in circuit 3 I think it is in week 2 that she starts to get a lil crazy and never look back she is NOT kidding lol I love Jillian and swear by her videos as I've always gotten great results. I've never swore at this woman on my tv screen as much as I did this morning. But I love Ripped in 30. I completed her 30 day Shred last year and it was great in helping me just get back in shape in general and I lost inches everwhere. I think Ripped in 30 is a bit more advance and that's why it's perfect for me currently. It is hard for me remember that I'm building lots of muscle with this so the scale isn't going to be friend at first. That's a weekly reminder....I know most are in week 1 but I hope I can check back in with you all. I am always looking for fellow Jillian fans!
  • bekylouisex3
    Options
    Just finished day 5 of lvl 1 :D finally managed to do 30secs of push ups :laugh: plus I upped my weights to 2kg for the dead lift squat and biceps curl/lunge!
  • mom1520
    Options
    I just finished Week 1 Day 4 and it's kicking my butt. I'm scared to see what the advanced levels look like.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I am finishing week 2 today! I was suppose to finish it yesterday, but my body was screaming for a rest day. I wasnt sore, just so tired I couldnt even lift my legs, so I took yesterday off ( from RI30, still did some Zumba) and I am back today and going to kill this workout. I am leaving week two strong!
    I cannot wait to start week 3. I am a little nervous that it will be a lot harder, but I can do it!
    It's nice to find others doing the same workout.
  • shaycat
    Options
    Some questions

When do you usually workout?
    Do you do other workouts with this one?
    Can you see any results yet?
  • bekylouisex3
    Options
    ^ I usually workout either late morning or late evening, but it entirely depends what I'm doing on the day. I have an alternate cardio day which I do a workout such as insanity/turbofire etc. and sometimes I do Just Dance 3 on my wii which helps me burns some more calories! Regards to the results, I have lost a pound this week since started Ripped in 30, I can definitely feel my abs more easily but I'm holding tight and digging deep, and hoping for more results to eventually come!

Today is Day 7! Should be my final day of Level 1, although I am currently waiting for the proper Ripped in 30 DVD to be delivered (atm I'm using a downloaded copy which doesnt have sound for Level 2..I know naughty me :blushing: ) Hopefully it will be delivered on Tuesday so I can start Level 2 then!
  • shaycat
    Options
    I was suppose to start week 3 yesterday, but my PS3 broke with the DVD inside! So I did 6 week 6 pack and will start week 3 Monday.
    Today is my "rest" day so I will jump on the elliptical for a bit.

I bought Insanity, but havent tried it yet. Is it a lot harder than Ripped?
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hey folks! Just hoping to get some opinions- do you do a certain number of days/a week on each level and move on if ready or do you move on sooner if you feel ready? I am on level 2 and have been so for about a week. As expected the level has gotten much easier but I am not sure if I should move on. Push ups are an example of an exercise I seem to just never really get better at. I could use heavier weights but really don't want to spend money on that right now. Would you move on to the next level?

Thanks! Hope everyone is making progress!
  • birdieintx
    Options
    I started on Friday! I was so sore on Saturday that I skipped it so today will be Day3 of Level1 for me. I really like the workout but it is tough.
  • bekylouisex3
    Options
    About to do my first Level 2 workout! Eeeekkk :noway:

EDIT: Surprisingly I quite enjoyed that lol..I did have to do more modification exercises than Level 1 but that just comes with the territory I suppose :laugh:
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 or 30DS, after want to start RI30, would love to see how you do with it
  • shaycat
    Options
    I think you are suppose to do each level for a week. With one rest day, so 6 times.
    I can do push ups, I probably never will. I did week 2 6 times and feel ready to move on.
    I am so excised to start week 3 today.
  • shaycat
    Options
    OMG week 3 is HARD!
    I miss week 2 :( I am going to keep at it though :)
  • doyoumeangreen
    doyoumeangreen Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Starting Ripped in 30 tomorrow. Going to use it for 2-3 morning workouts a week when combined with my normal schedule of 2 evening classes (Body Attack & Zumba) plus indoor football and anything else I can fit in for the week.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 today of RI30. I admit a few times I was standing there gasping for air asking myself what the hell I was thinking...but I finished it. And then prayed I wouldn't pass out in the shower. I must be really out of shape. :frown: