Does black caffeinated coffee count as daily water

Options
167891012»

Replies

• dindav56
    dindav56 Posts: 2
    Options
    Yeah...I kind of agree... Those who say Water doesn't count as water if mixed with anything else...should also Not Be Counting Water as Water if they are having it even with their meals - (or within...let's say...an hour of a meal - before and/or after) ...Because then - the water is being 'Mixed' with other ingredients (in your stomach), which according to so many ....is Not Water.

So, Again 'I Say'...'all things in moderation' ...if in doubt - drink a little extra water and don't worry about it. Your body will tell you if it is thirsty...just listen to it.
  • PoliticalPower1
    Options
    Someone asked this question (Does black caffeinated coffee count as daily water?) and quite frankly that is a STUPID QUESTION ! :laugh:

The answer is NO!

If you drink your coffee fine, but you must drink all your water every day. In case you do not understand.

You may have a cup of coffee, but you must drink all the water that is required for your specialized diet plan.

Remember this next time GENIUS! When attempting to ask a question do not forget to complete the sentence with proper grammar and punctuations.

Thank you
  • PoliticalPower1
    Options
    Someone asked this question (Does black caffeinated coffee count as daily water?) and quite frankly that is a STUPID QUESTION ! :laugh:

The answer is NO!

If you drink your coffee fine, but you must drink all your water every day. In case you do not understand.

You may have a cup of coffee, but you must drink all the water that is required for your specialized diet plan.

Remember this next time GENIUS! When attempting to ask a question do not forget to complete the sentence with proper grammar and punctuations.

Thank you
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Honestly... why even tell people to drink water then? If you are going to tell people that everything they eat and drink counts as water, then why even bother to suggest it. Because obviously, if it were enough, then people everywhere would be hydrated, when statistically most people are dehydrated. You can count whatever you want as water... then don't bother to count water at all... but you won't be doing your body any favors.

I don't tell people to drink water. In general, people are hydrated. Not sure where you get "statistically most people are dehydrated" I have read/heard that also but no data to support that.
    I don't know why people want to pee every hour. A waste of TP and water, not to mention the chemicals that are going in to the waterways to treat the sewage water everytime you flush.

Before I started my lifestyle change, I drank 5 or 6 Dr Peppers a day, sometimes whole 2 liters by myself, and my doctors always said that I was dehydrated.
    From the Mayo clinic website:

Question
    Caffeine: Is it dehydrating or not?
    I've been seeing ads that say cola and coffee drinks hydrate you as well as water does. Is this true?
    Answer
    from Katherine Zeratsky, R.D., L.D.
    It is true. Researchers used to believe that caffeinated drinks had a diuretic effect. This means that you would urinate more after drinking them, which could increase your risk of becoming dehydrated. Recent research shows that this is not true and that caffeine has a diuretic effect only if you consume large amounts of it — more than 500 to 600 milligrams (the equivalent of 5 to 7 cups of coffee) a day.

Still, caffeinated drinks can make you jittery, sleepless or anxious. Water is probably your best bet to stay hydrated. It's calorie-free, caffeine-free, inexpensive and readily available.

Beyond the tap: Other sources of water
    Although it's a great idea to keep water within reach at all times, you don't need to rely only on what you drink to meet your fluid needs. What you eat also provides a significant portion of your fluid needs. On average, food provides about 20 percent of total water intake. For example, many fruits and vegetables, such as watermelon and tomatoes, are 90 percent or more water by weight.

In addition, beverages such as milk and juice are composed mostly of water. Even beer, wine and caffeinated beverages — such as coffee, tea or soda — can contribute, but these should not be a major portion of your daily total fluid intake. Water is still your best bet because it's calorie-free, inexpensive and readily available.

Well, I think the bolded part answers your statement efficiently. Your doctor was not wrong. That's a lot of soda to drink. Awesome though that you've been able to cut down on it! Btw love your picture w/your name, haha :laugh:
  • romanaXOX
    romanaXOX Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    technically for every cup of coffee you have, you should be drinking an extra cup of water bc the coffee dehydrates you .

thiiiiss
  • Jrk_fitness
    Jrk_fitness Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You should not look at it in context of water. But rather fluid intake. So yes coffee adds to fluid intake, although high amounts of caffeine and alcohol does have a diuretic effect.