OMG I ate a piece of bacon this morning

Options

Replies

• FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I was in a gift shop the other day and saw bacon-flavored lip balm and dental floss. I love bacon. But not bacon-flavored things.
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I lost 35 lbs eating 2-4 slices of bacon a weekend. Calories in -- Calories out
  • Isrn2
    Isrn2 Posts: 160
    Options
    A couple of times a year I'm begged by various friends and co-workers to make an amazing concoction affectionately known as "pig candy". Here's how it goes:

Take thick sliced pepper bacon. Place the slices on a baking rack on a cookie sheet lined with tin foil (VERY important).

Coat the bacon with a mixture of brown sugar, chipotle pepper, garlic, and black pepper. Not a thin coat either ... no sprinkling here.

Cook the bacon in a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes, until the bacon starts browning and the sugar starts bubbling.

Flip the bacon over and coat the other side with the brown sugar mixture.

Place back in the oven for another 15 minutes.

Remove bacon from oven and let it sit on the racks until cool. Peel the ooey-gooey strips of goodness off the racks.

Enjoy!

I can't eat more than a bite or two, it's so rich ... but my guy friends declare their undying love every time I make it.
  • crankyrobot
    crankyrobot Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one watched the bacon video.

I also forgot to mention that my boyfriend made me bacon-flavored vodka for Christmas. It sounds crazy, but it's @#%@$# DELICIOUS!
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    mmmmm....bacon.
  • ShilohMaier
    Options
    Iiiiitt'ss baacon... bacon bacon bacon bacon BACON!!!
    Good heavens I love my low carb lifestyle :laugh:
  • treatingmybodyright
    Options
    i vomited in my mouth a little. haha. only person on the planet who doesn't like bacon...i know.

Ha! I don't eat the stuff either. I feel like I need to drink a bucket of water each time I take a bite. Not to mention that I really like pigs..the live ones that oink and roll around in the mud. :)
  • k9runner1963
    k9runner1963 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Chocolate covered bacon...yum!
  • MelKut
    MelKut Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, apple and BACON sandwich!!! Toasted! YuMMY

This sounds good... salty sweet

I don't have a thing for bacon though... I like it, but can make it for my siblings without wanting it for myself *shrug* Now, if it were fudgey chocolate brownies......
  • PoochPottery
    Options
    A couple of times a year I'm begged by various friends and co-workers to make an amazing concoction affectionately known as "pig candy". Here's how it goes:

Take thick sliced pepper bacon. Place the slices on a baking rack on a cookie sheet lined with tin foil (VERY important).

Coat the bacon with a mixture of brown sugar, chipotle pepper, garlic, and black pepper. Not a thin coat either ... no sprinkling here.

Cook the bacon in a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes, until the bacon starts browning and the sugar starts bubbling.

Flip the bacon over and coat the other side with the brown sugar mixture.

Place back in the oven for another 15 minutes.

Remove bacon from oven and let it sit on the racks until cool. Peel the ooey-gooey strips of goodness off the racks.

Enjoy!

I can't eat more than a bite or two, it's so rich ... but my guy friends declare their undying love every time I make it.

OH MY GOD!! This sounds so amazing!
  • Tubby2Toned
    Tubby2Toned Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I can easily eat a whole pound and half package of bacon in one sitting. It's probably my number one favorite food.
  • wells0707
    wells0707 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    bacon-roses.jpg

Nuff Said!

OMG ...I love this!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I once made Elvis Cupcakes...............banana, peanut-butter cupcakes with BACON in them........they were pretty freakin' awesome.
  • missdune
    missdune Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I eat lovely thick, sliced bacon frequently and log them in my journal. :) Life is good with a bit of bacon in it! And a brownie now and then, too!

Love this post, btw!
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I fully support use of this thread to indulge in all bacon OR brownie-related commentary. Carry on.
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    if one is eating "healthy" - why the heck eat something as processed as turkey bacon?

everyone's all grossed out about how McD's makes their nuggets -but turkey bacon is not really that different. You don't know what parts are in there!
  • hooligansmom
    hooligansmom Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Just googled "Bacon Brownies"...yes they do exist, and No I am not posting a recipe...I gained 5 lbs just looking at the picture...
  • Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    *leftovers* from Bacon.. Really Kat. You are funny, funny, girl. Bacon leftovers. HA.

I digress...

img src=http://www.icewolf.us/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/bacon.jpg

I give up, can't get the damn image to load... but you can clicky ;)
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    bacon.jpg

Ha!!

You're right...the mythical "leftovers" I spoke of magically disappeared after my kids got home from school. Most likely they are off with Nessie & the Chupacabra somewhere.
  • itsMeFred
    Options
    I eat bacon every morning :D
    Me too. Gotta love low carb. :)