OMG I ate a piece of bacon this morning

Options
12346»

Replies

• mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    A couple of times a year I'm begged by various friends and co-workers to make an amazing concoction affectionately known as "pig candy". Here's how it goes:

Take thick sliced pepper bacon. Place the slices on a baking rack on a cookie sheet lined with tin foil (VERY important).

Coat the bacon with a mixture of brown sugar, chipotle pepper, garlic, and black pepper. Not a thin coat either ... no sprinkling here.

Cook the bacon in a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes, until the bacon starts browning and the sugar starts bubbling.

Flip the bacon over and coat the other side with the brown sugar mixture.

Place back in the oven for another 15 minutes.

Remove bacon from oven and let it sit on the racks until cool. Peel the ooey-gooey strips of goodness off the racks.

Enjoy!

I can't eat more than a bite or two, it's so rich ... but my guy friends declare their undying love every time I make it.

OH MY GOD!! This sounds so amazing!

Amazing is an understatement! I dream about bacon.
  • kdouglas11
    kdouglas11 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I think it's a matter of what you've grown used to. I do like turkey bacon better but it's all I've ate for the past decade or so... my 11 year old was given a piece of real bacon before and he said 'give me the real stuff, this is nasty' (Score one for Momma!)
    Anyone who says they like turkey bacon better is a LIAR

Just kidding. I just can't wrap my head around it.

Bacon Forever <3

AND I~ WILL ALWAYS ... LOVE YOUUUUU....