Bring IT! Part IIII: Team No Excuses in April

Options
123457»

Replies

• meisje
    meisje Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    due to wedding, weather and work, haven't biked with my women's group in over 5 weeks and guess what?! last night's route nearly killed me!!! i was groaning and sweating and my eyes were rolling away into the back of my head (after they first rolled over the fifteen 30-45 year old women sprinting along ahead of me) for over two solid hours. the lesson? don't slack off ladies - it hurts to get back on!
    anyway, i also ran yesterday morning so i'm feeling really great about that. diet is healthy and happy with summer and the 4 quarts of strawberries i picked from a friends house last night. really - how can anyone eat crp in the summer when there are so many delicious fruits and berries and veggies and goodness out there? enjoy it all! :flowerforyou:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    It really is a delicious time of year!
    I love salads.
    :heart:
    I eat salads year round, but when it's hot like this, they're the best!
    Bring it!
  • meisje
    Options
    took two days off from running to heal my poor, aching legs - WILL get back out there today! not feeling too bad about it because i have still been biking and walking my usual 20-30 minutes each, every day.
    food still yummy - lots of fruit. another beautiful day - get out in it!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    BOO!
    bet ya thought i was gone hahah....im just a little busy for mfp the weather is nice and i have little time to spend chatting here ..but im still joggin and considering weighing in once a month instead of weekly....How are you guys doing?..seems like everyone is still hangng in there....Hugs!! and keep Bringing it!!:flowerforyou:
  • Georg
    Options
    :love: Good to see ya! :flowerforyou:
    I'm bringing it!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Boo!!! where are you guys at!!!!! Im about ot head out for my 5:15am jog ...and get my booty revved for some more weight loss...where is everyone ??and what have you been up to
  • Georg
    Options
    Hey!
    I'm back too!
    :bigsmile:
    I've been to San Francisco - walking & having a great time!
    I ate some yummy things, turned down lots of bad for me things.
    We walked 6 miles Saturday when we arrived, then 8 miles Sunday.
    Such fun!
    Now back to the gym tomorrow!
    Bring it!
  • meisje
    Options
    i'm around! rain first thing yesterday morning, biked in the afternoon and swam laps for about 40 minutes with friends later in the evening.
    this morning, i've just done some easy yoga and am now heading upstairs to do some weights and situps. i love spreading my workouts out throughout the day and getting a healthy start has been working really well for me.
    also, i have been making a fruit/yogurt smoothie about once a day - usually in the morning. then, if i am hungry for a quick snack throughout the day, i just grab a few sips (gulps!). i'm finding it a great way to keep from snacking on crp and and it's an easy way to get in some filling fruit goodness!
  • Georg
    Options
    I went back to the gym finally & made a commitment to go every day until vacation starts.
  • meisje
    Options
    have still been running - twice yesterday, actually! one quick jog before breakfast and a long run in the evening with a friend. want to rest my legs, but don't want to lose motovation!
    am making a goal to work my arms more - i leave my weights are out where i can see them every night (sadly from the couch) but it's no good when they just collect dust. boo.
    ps - qym motivation: the closest gym for me is almost an hour away. and it is almost 500 a year. have a gym pass? take advantage of it - for me!!!!
  • Georg
    Options
    Alrighty!!!!!
    I've been back to the gym everyday. Tomorrow we pack & sleep because our flight is in the middle of the night.
    As of today's weigh in, I've lost 8 pounds, 10 inches & 4 pounds of body fat in the past 6 weeks!!!
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    The gym owner measured me twice to make sure.:huh:
    I think she would have doubted the accuracy, but she measured me last time, too. :wink:
    So we'll be out of here for awhile, with off & on internet service.
    I'll be under the sea...:glasses:
    Bring it while I'm gone!
    I'll miss y'all.
    :bigsmile:
  • meisje
    Options
    congrats georg!
    have fun on vacation - feeling lighter and healthier - what an amazing thing to celebrate!

...took a day off from running yesterday to give my knee a break. MUST get back out today!

by the way, check out the "buffet" in my garden: cherries, currents, strawberries, raspberries, cucumbers, squash, peppers, potatoes, salad greens, cale, broccoli and more are all up and out in my garden! love it!