$248.00 SAYS YOU CANNOT EXPLAIN IT

Options

Replies

• stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Actually, the origional question is a trick. It asks us to explain why some people tell other people something. If you ignore EVERYONE's attitude or tone, and ignore the rightness or wrongness of offering platitudes (as seen by some) or encouragement (as seen by others) then the problem is I can't know what is going on in anyone' elses head.

So, Marla was right all along.

But, we knew that! :wink:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I say tomorrow because usually if a person has fallen off the wagon they have their reasons for having done so and will need to work those out before they jump back on. And, honestly, sometimes people need a bit of time for a pity party. Losing weight, counting every single calorie you eat, exercising constantly... it's not EASY and some people just need a break. So, instead of jumping on their back and yelling at them to get out and do more work to work off those blasted calories they ate, I'd rather tell someone to relax, enjoy their night and worry about weight loss tomorrow.

Bottom line is not everyone is at the same level. Some still need time to work out their bad habits. Some don't. Some need to jump cold turkey into healthy living, some need to work into it gradually.

People who have fallen and who are expressing disappoint in themselves might just need the promise of tomorrow to keep them moving instead of the urgency of NOW.

Get back onto that horse NOW.
    Go to the gym NOW.
    RUSH RUSH RUSH RUSH.

Sorry. I'm not a person who rushes. I'm taking it easy. And if I've blown my calories today I'm going to do something about it tomorrow and I'm going to spend today relaxing and fixing whatever problem caused me to overeat.

Do I get $248 now or was this answer not good enough for you?

quite frankly

I disagree with this approach entirely...noone is talking about yelling at anyone....noone is saying rush rush rush

and no adult who made a choice to overeat deserves a pity party
    our pity parties are what brought us here

no money for you
    denied
    thanks for playing though:smile:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I say tomorrow because usually if a person has fallen off the wagon they have their reasons for having done so and will need to work those out before they jump back on. And, honestly, sometimes people need a bit of time for a pity party. Losing weight, counting every single calorie you eat, exercising constantly... it's not EASY and some people just need a break. So, instead of jumping on their back and yelling at them to get out and do more work to work off those blasted calories they ate, I'd rather tell someone to relax, enjoy their night and worry about weight loss tomorrow.

Bottom line is not everyone is at the same level. Some still need time to work out their bad habits. Some don't. Some need to jump cold turkey into healthy living, some need to work into it gradually.

People who have fallen and who are expressing disappoint in themselves might just need the promise of tomorrow to keep them moving instead of the urgency of NOW.

Go to the gym NOW.
    RUSH RUSH RUSH RUSH.

Sorry. I'm not a person who rushes. I'm taking it easy. And if I've blown my calories today I'm going to do something about it tomorrow and I'm going to spend today relaxing and fixing whatever problem caused me to overeat.

quite frankly

I disagree with this approach entirely...noone is talking about yelling at anyone....noone is saying rush rush rush

no money for you
    denied

So you're only going to give the money to people who answer in a way you like????

It said $248 says you cannot explain it.

I JUST EXPLAINED WHY I SAY TOMORROW.

Now pay up!!!!! Unless you added small print that included: $248 to whomever can explain it in a way I like.
  • nickybr38
    Options
    Actually, the origional question is a trick. It asks us to explain why some people tell other people something. If you ignore EVERYONE's attitude or tone, and ignore the rightness or wrongness of offering platitudes (as seen by some) or encouragement (as seen by others) then the problem is I can't know what is going on in anyone' elses head.

Tricky tricky Dave. I WANT THAT MONEY OMG
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

EXACTLY-- I say give Kristi the money!!
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

Go to the gym NOW.
    RUSH RUSH RUSH RUSH.

quite frankly

no money for you
    denied

So you're only going to give the money to people who answer in a way you like????

It said $248 says you cannot explain it.

I JUST EXPLAINED WHY I SAY TOMORROW.

Now pay up!!!!! Unless you added small print that included: $248 to whomever can explain it in a way I like.

there is no real answer...only more excuses.....not my invention
    it is what it is
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    See-- I was right to ask him to show me the money first, ladies and gentlemen-- he's a tricky one, this Dave-- gonna have to keep an eye on him!!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options

Go to the gym NOW.
    RUSH RUSH RUSH RUSH.

quite frankly

no money for you
    denied

Wait wait wait...now I'm confused here. How can her answer be wrong when she's just telling you why SHE says it?? Alot of people gave there reasons why THEY say it and everyone was wrong by explaining themselves?? Your question has been answered a number of times on this thread. Maybe it's not the answer you THOUGHT it was? I don't get it....:noway:
  • age1389
    Options
    Oh ok so this thread was a thread about nothing then....I like the one Shannon started better....
  • nickybr38
    Options
    there is no real answer...only more excuses.....not my invention
    it is what it is

Excuses, excuses...

There was a real answer, you're just refusing to see it because you don't want to give me that money!!!! The answer is: Every human being is different and operates differently. Some need tomorrow, some need today.
  • nickybr38
    Options

Go to the gym NOW.
    RUSH RUSH RUSH RUSH.

quite frankly

no money for you
    denied

Wait wait wait...now I'm confused here. How can her answer be wrong when she's just telling you why SHE says it?? Alot of people gave there reasons why THEY say it and everyone was wrong by explaining themselves?? Your question has been answered a number of times on this thread. Maybe it's not the answer you THOUGHT it was? I don't get it....:noway:

I think I can answer this. He didn't post this wanting peoples opinions. He posted this wanting to kick everyone in the pants. :) I realized that a bit late but that's the situation.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

Go to the gym NOW.
    RUSH RUSH RUSH RUSH.

quite frankly

no money for you
    denied

they are not explaining anything more than offering an excuse.....why wait till tomorrow? there is no reason to say wait till tomorrow,,,yes...people have offered excuses for the answer but not a real reason for the answer,,,because,,,,there is not one single reason to wait till tomorrow other than pity and laziness,,,,harsh? no....truth....yes

justifying the answer with being nice and being full of pity is not a "reason" for the answer .,..it is more delay do it later attitude...the lame excuse problem that got us here
  • nickybr38
    Options
    they are not explaining anything more than offering an excuse.....why wait till tomorrow? there is no reason to say wait till tomorrow,,,yes...people have offered excuses for the answer but not a real reason for the answer,,,because,,,,there is not one single reason to wait till tomorrow other than pity and laziness,,,,harsh? no....truth....yes

justifying the answer with being nice and being full of pity is not a "reason" for the answer .,..it is more delay do it later attitude...the lame excuse problem that got us here

You are extremely hard on yourself, aren't you? It must be hard. I'm sorry.
  • jtintx
    jtintx Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    no, kellch-- that's where you're wrong-- if I agree with you, you're right-- if I agree with Dave, he's right-- if I disagree with you all, I'm right.

Sheesh-- gotta teach you people everything!:grumble: :noway: :wink:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    LMAO!!!!

This thread was hilarious!!!!! One simple question causing so much chaos!! Priceless!!!!
  • age1389
    Options
    So everyone out there who went over there calories at dinner and can't go work it off because they have to go to there childs recital might as well give up there new life style cause worrking out tomorrow is just not good enough... I mean how lazy can they be:noway:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    So everyone out there who went over there calories at dinner and can't go work it off because they have to go to there childs recital might as well give up there new life style cause worrking out tomorrow is just not good enough... I mean how lazy can they be:noway:

not at all

but I bet you dont post a thread crying about going to a recital:smile:
  • nickybr38
    Options

I don't think he means it that way necessarily. I just think he's saying putting retribution off for tomorrow is an excuse for being lazy tonight which I don't agree with at all but to each his own.

I STILL WANT THAT MONEY ARGH.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,112 Member
    Options
    Oh ok so this thread was a thread about nothing then....I like the one Shannon started better....

Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner.
  • age1389
    Options

I don't think he means it that way necessarily. I just think he's saying putting retribution off for tomorrow is an excuse for being lazy tonight which I don't agree with at all but to each his own.

I STILL WANT THAT MONEY ARGH.

Well dave I somewhat agree with you but.... some are lazy and some are not and sometimes lazieness has nothing to do with it....and I think there are going to be people who complain about everything even recitals:tongue:
  • age1389
    Options

Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner.

:laugh: Thank you, Thank you...*bows*
This discussion has been closed.