$248.00 SAYS YOU CANNOT EXPLAIN IT

Options

Replies

• jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    if I may add two more cents -- (which brings your bill, Dave, now down to $247.96)

Ahem-- read the original post again-- he is not whining. He is asking a simple question. Why do we enable each other? Why do we say it's okay, when the best advice IS stop moping and do something about it?

He didn't attack. He didn't whine. He asked a question why we don't better counsel one another.

He's encouraging us all to better encourage each others with wiser, better responses that DON'T coddle those who fell or are falling off the wagon to stay off just a little bit longer before they get back up.

Get back up and on now, don't wait-- that's good advice, and he simply asked why don't so many here give that advice. Why are we namby-pamby in our replies?

So, to tell him to suck it up and call him a whiner is off base.

(do I get any monetary bonus for my defense, Dave?)

ok first off..... if you are ADDING your 2 cents.... why does money keep disappearing from the pot?we went from 248... to 247.96...:tongue:

........... ok i just wrote a huge long post and i have erased it.... not because i agree... just because it has to end somewhere .... i absolutely disagree... but we can all agree to disagree right:flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou:
  • jackeh
    Options

namby-pamby
    namby-pamby :laugh:
    that is what I call inventing words :smokin:

:laugh: like em btw :laugh:

If nothing else, I believe you should get a bonus for creativity :bigsmile: :drinker:

BTW people.......I didn't see Dave putting anyone down or insulting or whining. He was basically saying that if you make a mistake it doesn't mean you should continue to make that mistake and make things worse by saying...oh well, today's already shot instead we'll start tomorrow. Before you know it you're 800 calories or more over instead of 400 calories over. Basically...so you made a mistake move on and do something about it. It's not too late. You can get up and work it off and/or at least make better choices for the rest of the day. And I'm going to shorten my response now cuz these mean bosses of mine are making me go to a meeting :grumble:

The End.
    :smokin:

And one of Marla's favorite posts "Can't we all just get along"? :angry: :bigsmile: :laugh: :tongue:
    Everyone is entitled to their opinions...Dave was simply stating his :flowerforyou:
    And the rest of you are simply stating yours :flowerforyou:
    Not everyone will agree with everyone...we are all unique and have our own beliefs...agree to disagree is sometimes the only way to get past it :flowerforyou:

:heart: :smooched: :flowerforyou:

Remember....lollipops and rainbows :laugh: :drinker:

:laugh: apparently you wrote agrre to disagree... before i just did.... :flowerforyou:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    if I may add two more cents -- (which brings your bill, Dave, now down to $247.96)

Ahem-- read the original post again-- he is not whining. He is asking a simple question. Why do we enable each other? Why do we say it's okay, when the best advice IS stop moping and do something about it?

He didn't attack. He didn't whine. He asked a question why we don't better counsel one another.

He's encouraging us all to better encourage each others with wiser, better responses that DON'T coddle those who fell or are falling off the wagon to stay off just a little bit longer before they get back up.

Get back up and on now, don't wait-- that's good advice, and he simply asked why don't so many here give that advice. Why are we namby-pamby in our replies?

So, to tell him to suck it up and call him a whiner is off base.

ok first off..... if you are ADDING your 2 cents.... why does money keep disappearing from the pot?we went from 248... to 247.96...:tongue:

........... ok i just wrote a huge long post and i have erased it.... not because i agree... just because it has to end somewhere .... i absolutely disagree... but we can all agree to disagree right:flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou:

DENIED

continue fighting like spoiled children

chop chop
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: I was just out for a two hour walk with my husband and this post was actually brought up in our discussion. I am amazed that we have spent SIX pages of comments on Dave's post that for all intents and purposes put it out there that we do need to take responsibility for our own actions because WE are the ones that pay for our indiscretions.

That said, my husband and I were trying to figure out how many calories were burned reading this post and how many more calories were burned by the blood pressures that seemed to have gone up a bit in this post. Not to mention, how many calories we could have all burned getting away from the computer.

Posting original topic = 2 calories
    Reading and replying = 4 calories (per page) :laugh:
    Someone finally spreading the word to hold yourself accountable = priceless

Now, lets all go focus on someone else's post and see who cries first :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jackeh
    Options

DENIED

continue fighting like spoiled children

chop chop

... Im PMSing:grumble: you sure you wanna continue?:laugh:
  • jackeh
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: I was just out for a two hour walk with my husband and this post was actually brought up in our discussion. I am amazed that we have spent SIX pages of comments on Dave's post that for all intents and purposes put it out there that we do need to take responsibility for our own actions because WE are the ones that pay for our indiscretions.

That said, my husband and I were trying to figure out how many calories were burned reading this post and how many more calories were burned by the blood pressures that seemed to have gone up a bit in this post. Not to mention, how many calories we could have all burned getting away from the computer.

Posting original topic = 2 calories
    Reading and replying = 4 calories (per page) :laugh:
    Someone finally spreading the word to hold yourself accountable = priceless

Now, lets all go focus on someone else's post and see who cries first :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options

namby-pamby

If nothing else, I believe you should get a bonus for creativity :bigsmile: :drinker:

BTW people.......I didn't see Dave putting anyone down or insulting or whining. He was basically saying that if you make a mistake it doesn't mean you should continue to make that mistake and make things worse by saying...oh well, today's already shot instead we'll start tomorrow. Before you know it you're 800 calories or more over instead of 400 calories over. Basically...so you made a mistake move on and do something about it. It's not too late. You can get up and work it off and/or at least make better choices for the rest of the day. And I'm going to shorten my response now cuz these mean bosses of mine are making me go to a meeting :grumble:

The End.

And one of Marla's favorite posts "Can't we all just get along"? :angry: :bigsmile: :laugh: :tongue:
    Everyone is entitled to their opinions...Dave was simply stating his :flowerforyou:
    Not everyone will agree with everyone...we are all unique and have our own beliefs...agree to disagree is sometimes the only way to get past it :flowerforyou:

:laugh: apparently you wrote agrre to disagree... before i just did.... :flowerforyou:

It is twue :bigsmile: I do agree with Dave but it doesn't make me or him right. It's my opinion. And your opinion is your opinion. And I respect your right to your opinion. Who are any of us to say who's right and who's wrong? We are all entitled to our own opinions and we are all entitled to post our imput in these threads. And we all should respect each other's opinion. We don't have to agree with it, but respect it as, their opinion. :flowerforyou:

I feel Dave's words were taken wrong. But again...that is my opinion. I felt motivated by his post. I felt that he was saying...so you screwed up and ate an extra piece of pizza...doesn't mean you should continue to make your day worse it means either make better choices for the rest of the day or get up and work it off. Don't wait til tomorrow to make it better. Get up and do it. I took it as a kick in the *kitten*. But that is the kind of motivation I need. :embarassed: If someone tells me tomorrow's another day, I may have to add a beer with my pizza, then a piece of cake for desert, and a glass of milk to go with it. Now instead of just that piece of pizza, I am over by beer, cake, and milk too :embarassed: And feeling worse about myself than I already am. :grumble: Now if I ate all of that and went to bed and THEN woke up regretting what I did, I feel it is good to say.....Hey, you know what? I screwed up yesterday but it is a new day and I will not do it again today. I will not throw away my hard work. I will make better choices. :drinker:
    Because in the past, I have done bad a day or two and then fell into a month or two or more long funk and ended up throwing all my progress away. Like I just gave up. It was then that I finally got to the point where I decided I would not do that anymore. And even then, I still have had moments that I ate things I shouldn't have, but I now get up and work it off or just make sure I make up for it the rest of the day. So at that point, it is no longer something I shouldn't have eaten. Because I made myself earn it. I worked for it and it was within my range.:wink:

If I want to have a few beers I make myself workout for an hour first...cuz that's how I roll :smokin: :laugh:
    (j/k...well kind of :embarassed: :smokin: )

and that is my two cents contribution (I think I've posted 3 or 4 times so that's like 8 cents I've added to this pot) :bigsmile:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    After scannng everyone's posts and counter-posts all I can think of is that at least the thread took everyone's mind off EATING for a while!!!LOL

Seriously, the ship has sailed, the horse has left the barn, the thread has been run into the ground....though that may be an empirical impossibility!!

And Dave, and everyone else is entitled to their opinion.
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Fix it now. I agree Dave. Thanks for thinking along the same lines.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    no, kellch-- that's where you're wrong-- if I agree with you, you're right-- if I agree with Dave, he's right-- if I disagree with you all, I'm right.

Sheesh-- gotta teach you people everything!:grumble: :noway: :wink:
  • Marla64
    Options

namby-pamby

The End.

It is twue :bigsmile: I do agree with Dave but it doesn't make me or him right. It's my opinion. And your opinion is your opinion. And I respect your right to your opinion. Who are any of us to say who's right and who's wrong? We are all entitled to our own opinions and we are all entitled to post our imput in these threads. And we all should respect each other's opinion. We don't have to agree with it, but respect it as, their opinion. :flowerforyou:

I feel Dave's words were taken wrong. But again...that is my opinion. I felt motivated by his post. I felt that he was saying...so you screwed up and ate an extra piece of pizza...doesn't mean you should continue to make your day worse it means either make better choices for the rest of the day or get up and work it off. Don't wait til tomorrow to make it better. Get up and do it. I took it as a kick in the *kitten*. But that is the kind of motivation I need. :embarassed: If someone tells me tomorrow's another day, I may have to add a beer with my pizza, then a piece of cake for desert, and a glass of milk to go with it. Now instead of just that piece of pizza, I am over by beer, cake, and milk too :embarassed: And feeling worse about myself than I already am. :grumble: Now if I ate all of that and went to bed and THEN woke up regretting what I did, I feel it is good to say.....Hey, you know what? I screwed up yesterday but it is a new day and I will not do it again today. I will not throw away my hard work. I will make better choices. :drinker:
    Because in the past, I have done bad a day or two and then fell into a month or two or more long funk and ended up throwing all my progress away. Like I just gave up. It was then that I finally got to the point where I decided I would not do that anymore. And even then, I still have had moments that I ate things I shouldn't have, but I now get up and work it off or just make sure I make up for it the rest of the day. So at that point, it is no longer something I shouldn't have eaten. Because I made myself earn it. I worked for it and it was within my range.:wink:

If I want to have a few beers I make myself workout for an hour first...cuz that's how I roll :smokin: :laugh:
    (j/k...well kind of :embarassed: :smokin: )

and that is my two cents contribution (I think I've posted 3 or 4 times so that's like 8 cents I've added to this pot) :bigsmile:

which brings the bill down to-- what, exactly, Jackeh? :wink:
  • kellch
    Options
    no, kellch-- that's where you're wrong-- if I agree with you, you're right-- if I agree with Dave, he's right-- if I disagree with you all, I'm right.

Ohhhhhhhhh.........
    writing.gif Marla is always right.

Got it! Thanks :smokin:

• Marla64
    Options

Ohhhhhhhhh.........

Now if only my husband were such a quick study.
  • kellch
    Options

Ohhhhhhhhh.........

Now if only my husband were such a quick study.

:laugh: :laugh:

Want me to tell him? nunu.gif

:laugh: :wink:
  • jackeh
    Options

Im thinking with all the cents earned plus all the calories burned.... sounds like we should treat ourselves to a pizza party.... with lots of beer of course:wink:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,112 Member
    Options
    :cry: :sad: :yawn:

:angry: :grumble: :mad:

:frown: :embarassed: :sad:

Dave, what is the answer?
  • kellch
    Options

Im thinking with all the cents earned plus all the calories burned.... sounds like we should treat ourselves to a pizza party.... with lots of beer of course:wink:

And chocolate cake for dessert? drool.gif

• datank4
    datank4 Posts: 14
    Options
    Great post dave! I agree totally. If u binge eat or have a cheat day or four dnt wait til tmrw do some sit ups walk around the block even walk up n down ur stairs its exercise and will help a lot better then someone saying tomorrow is a new day
  • Jessamine
    Jessamine Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    If I've gone over my calories, then I go for a walk or a bike ride or get on the floor and do some exercising. I try to make up for it right away.

I've been learning that I would much rather choose the right foods than have to exercise a lot of the time because I've gone over.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I say tomorrow because usually if a person has fallen off the wagon they have their reasons for having done so and will need to work those out before they jump back on. And, honestly, sometimes people need a bit of time for a pity party. Losing weight, counting every single calorie you eat, exercising constantly... it's not EASY and some people just need a break. So, instead of jumping on their back and yelling at them to get out and do more work to work off those blasted calories they ate, I'd rather tell someone to relax, enjoy their night and worry about weight loss tomorrow.

Bottom line is not everyone is at the same level. Some still need time to work out their bad habits. Some don't. Some need to jump cold turkey into healthy living, some need to work into it gradually.

People who have fallen and who are expressing disappoint in themselves might just need the promise of tomorrow to keep them moving instead of the urgency of NOW.

Get back onto that horse NOW.
    Go to the gym NOW.
    RUSH RUSH RUSH RUSH.

Sorry. I'm not a person who rushes. I'm taking it easy. And if I've blown my calories today I'm going to do something about it tomorrow and I'm going to spend today relaxing and fixing whatever problem caused me to overeat.

Do I get $248 now or was this answer not good enough for you?
This discussion has been closed.