$248.00 SAYS YOU CANNOT EXPLAIN IT

Options

Replies

• amanda11475
    amanda11475 Posts: 599
    Options
    Sorry to stick my nose in again, but if every post is important, as you say, than so is Dave's. Is he not entitled to what you've described as "whining" like everyone else?

It seems like its really personal and he's being baited now. Not sure why...
  • suzmaraly
    Options
    Let me just say that you do have a good point but I have my own idea as to why, although my reason may not be right.

Usually, if not always, when I screw up and I know that I have fallen off track...well, I am just depressed. Why start today when I can put it off 'til tomorrow-the day is already ruined anyways-rite! Besides I want to start the new day fresh and do good the whole day. Anyways, if I start tomorrow that means that I continue to indulge in my unhealthy habbits tonite.

I didn't say it was a good reason, but it is a reason.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Sorry to stick my nose in again...

That made me laugh.
    We are all pros at that around here, it seems!
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Sorry to stick my nose in again, but if every post is important, as you say, than so is Dave's. Is he not entitled to what you've described as "whining" like everyone else?

i have nothing personal against him... I was just making a point, with the whining about whining... and he is more than welcome to post whatever... I had an opinion about his post... i was showing the "tough love" back ....
    the end
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options
    1. What if tomorrow never comes? Then - you did all that late night exercising for nuttin.

2. Wait till you've been reading these same ad nauseum posts for two years, if you're all worked up NOW! (See SHBoss's above.....) :laugh: :wink:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options
    oops :tongue:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    1. What if tomorrow never comes? Then - you did all that late night exercising for nuttin.

2. Wait till you've been reading these same ad nauseum posts for two years, if you're all worked up NOW! (See SHBoss's above.....) :laugh: :wink:

2 - Soooooo what you're trying to say is I may feel feel bloated & gain weight during that time of month??? :laugh: Who knew??? :laugh: :smokin:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Dang, has Marla already gotten the $248? I am looking for some of that action!

So, Dave, here is my only concern with what you said - everyone is doing their own journey. I kind of agree with hmmmm... drat, forgot who said this, but the gist was why do you worry your pretty little head about those threads? I agree that someone who is spreading misinformation ought to be GENTLY redirected (remember the colonic guy?) But some people just need to get that self loathing out, and this is the place they to do it. For some, their food addiction is part of a larger problem. For those folks, your words might be a bit harsh, because they are pretty fragile.

thejudgeavatar.jpg

Don't judge 'em, just keep rowing the boat. And, I am willing to share the $248 with Marla, but I think I should get more than half, because I provided a visual aid! :bigsmile:

Sorry...you cant have any money cause you didnt answer the question-
    this was not supposed to be about gentle direction or support or any of that,,,the question was simple and has not been answered....why tell someone to wait till tomorrow? this has been taken out of context and twisted for the sake of wanting to hold someone's hand...all I wanted to know is why do so many tell people to start again tomorrow when today is still available.

Have a great day

He's a crook.

I agree, he says we twist his words, but in reality, HE twists our answers to welch on the deal! I am going to have to lose the cat on him! robokitty.gif

That'll teach him!
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    So, to get back to winning that $248 bucks - - I like msarro's answer, its usually pretty late when I am posting. So, if its around 11:56. then tomorrow is a legit answer.

Also, I must say Dave, it does seem like a double standard is developing here. :huh: You question other's motives, or worse, deride them, but when someone questions your post, you get sort of huffy..... Bad form, my friend. The whining question seems like a legit question.
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

2 - Soooooo what you're trying to say is I may feel feel bloated & gain weight during that time of month??? :laugh: Who knew??? :laugh: :smokin:

No, he is saying you should eat your exercise calories and drink your water. :laugh:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I ran my first half marathon over the weekend, just thought I'd throw that in there.

congrats! :drinker:

On another note, maybe the men on here get so bothered because they speak the truth and women like to hmmmm and haw and skirt the issues sometimes. Personally I used to get irritated with banks (now SHBoss1673) because he had kind of a know it all attitude but it wasn't until I realized he was just telling it like it was. Now dave has filled those shoes.

My husband once told me that if you want a man to get something done you can't suggest it or hint about it you just have to say what it is you want if you expect it to get done and I think this is just a man's way of saying quit making excuses and start taking care of yourself! :wink:

LOL, I just felt like I was listening to my wife when she's a little annoyed with me, but knows I'm probably right. HA! She hates that! :laugh:
    If you think I'm bad, you should hear my brother, the term "wellspring of useless information" takes on a whole new lexicon!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

i have nothing personal against him... I was just making a point, with the whining about whining... and he is more than welcome to post whatever... I had an opinion about his post... i was showing the "tough love" back ....
    the end

:flowerforyou:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    So, to get back to winning that $248 bucks - - I like msarro's answer, its usually pretty late when I am posting. So, if its around 11:56. then tomorrow is a legit answer.

Also, I must say Dave, it does seem like a double standard is developing here. :huh: You question other's motives, or worse, deride them, but when someone questions your post, you get sort of huffy..... Bad form, my friend. The whining question seems like a legit question.

Once more...you ignore the original question which was and still is very simple. Noone is deriding anything. It 's bad form to twist and ignore the question so you can justify your non answer. When I wrote the original question it was in the afternoon and I had already seen several threads that day where there was still daylight left. I am sure the 11:56 pm response is a funny. But it doesnt justify your tude.

There are no double standards in my house. If the response to my question is on point then there can be discourse. But to get defensive because maybe you are one of the "adults" who need their hand held then you need to address that issue. Attacking the messenger is not addressing the issue.
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    Hey DAVE, you never responded to MY answer to your question. I'd be offended if I was one to get offended by that type of thing. :tongue:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hey DAVE, you never responded to MY answer to your question. I'd be offended if I was one to get offended by that type of thing. :tongue:

That's all right, Banks-- he's ignoring me, too. He knows he owes me money. Bum. :wink:
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    LOL, this thread is 5 pages too long.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

Yes...your response was a "probable" answer since you do not actually tell people to spurn the rest of the day on the computer. I was hoping for a legitimate response from someone who actually does tell the whiner to wait. Your response said it is a cop out. my words were not so blunt I guess yet I am the one under fire. I dont mind if the attackers stick with the real issue, but they can't.

My post was to the responders not to the whiners, I have given up trying to convince the whiners of anything. But to the responders, who are really just enabling the whiners, I was hoping they could explain their response. No one has because no one can.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    LOL, this thread is 5 pages too long.

you just made it longer
    thanks for playing
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Yes...your response was a "probable" answer since you do not actually tell people to spurn the rest of the day on the computer. I was hoping for a legitimate response from someone who actually does tell the whiner to wait. Your response said it is a cop out. my words were not so blunt I guess yet I am the one under fire. I dont mind if the attackers stick with the real issue, but they can't.

My post was to the responders not to the whiners, I have given up trying to convince the whiners of anything. But to the responders, who are really just enabling the whiners, I was hoping they could explain their response. No one has because no one can.

Oh, see-- now he explains-- he wants people who actually DO it to explain it-- fine print gets me every time.

And see-- he's still ignoring me. :grumble:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options

Aw mannnnn. All that wasted brain power. Well, good luck, I dunno if you're going to get a solid answer from one.
This discussion has been closed.