gaining and less then 1200 a day

Options

Replies

• madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Two wrongs don't make a right, honey. I wouldn't advocate obesity as a healthy lifestyle at all and I think that given the amount of people trying to lose weight on this forum, neither would a lot of people. I don't think they're jealous either (and you know that's your ED talking when you say that, don't you?), rather they don't understand what anorexia entails so they get angry, shocked and offended when someone comes here professing to have eaten calories in the hundreds only. It's an inappropriate reaction of course, but typical if you don't understand what someone is going through. Saying hostile things to them is just going to rile them up further and decide to be more against you.

I just want to let you know that I do care, very much. I've seen what anorexia can do to people first hand and it's scary. You say you don't want to live this way and knowing that can help you. I'm glad you ate more today, now keep on doing that. If you don't have one already, I would suggest seeing a dietician or a nutritionist to help you get back on the right track and possibly a counsellor. You don't have to go this alone, although I would say that at the moment MFP might be detrimental to your recovery. So many people talking about losing weight may well be triggering.
  • xosmsox
    xosmsox Posts: 119
    Options
    In before troll
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    Pretty certain the girl in her photo is a model often used by Calvin Klein. Maybe Burberry as well.

Many people on these forums are not supportive of anorexia, nor are they interested in playing counselor. I do not think you will find the support you are looking for here. There are a lot of cruel people...

Good luck.
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Two wrongs don't make a right, honey. I wouldn't advocate obesity as a healthy lifestyle at all and I think that given the amount of people trying to lose weight on this forum, neither would a lot of people. I don't think they're jealous either (and you know that's your ED talking when you say that, don't you?), rather they don't understand what anorexia entails so they get angry, shocked and offended when someone comes here professing to have eaten calories in the hundreds only. It's an inappropriate reaction of course, but typical if you don't understand what someone is going through. Saying hostile things to them is just going to rile them up further and decide to be more against you.

I just want to let you know that I do care, very much. I've seen what anorexia can do to people first hand and it's scary. You say you don't want to live this way and knowing that can help you. I'm glad you ate more today, now keep on doing that. If you don't have one already, I would suggest seeing a dietician or a nutritionist to help you get back on the right track and possibly a counsellor. You don't have to go this alone, although I would say that at the moment MFP might be detrimental to your recovery. So many people talking about losing weight may well be triggering.

You are a beautiful person.
  • cheddle
    cheddle Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    how can i be gaining when i eat less then 1200 a day? i was 119.8 monday (which is high for melike really high ) i ate a grapefruit, three bananas, an apple, and 1/4 a cup of beans and i had gained two pounds today! what gives?

ok ,so assuming your not kidding - as this is hard to believe. - see below

weight "loss" or "gain" is something that is not very well represented on the scales... especially body fat loss/gain, it takes approx 3000 calories of intake/reduction to shift just 1 pound of body fat. So assuming your feeling lethargic due to undernourishment id assume your body is using around 1200 calories a day, so if you eat 800 calories a day, it would take a week to lose 1lb, likewise to gain 2 lbs it would take 7500 calories of "food" -

so your body composition, i.e: body fat, has not really changed due to your eating since Monday.

its more likely simply the amount of water you have eaten, time since last toilet stop, and salt/carb.

If you want to lose body fat you need to trust the interwebs, eat MORE food, and go to the gym/work out MORE.

Good luck with either a) achieving your goals; or b) changing your goals to that which is worth achieving

p.s: if you are kidding that is a f*$$%^ sick joke to play, people on this site really need help, and want to help others - go troll 4chan or something you freak
  • MoogieOh
    MoogieOh Posts: 141
    Options
    I think have of you are jealous.

I'm assuming you mean half.

I can assure you we are not jealous, merely concerned as we can see you are not healthy. These people are not being cruel by trying to help you.

So in regards to your gain.. congratulations! It's exactly what you needed, even if you can't see that
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Um. What do I say? Thank you ally. I don't know what I want. I know I don't want to live this way anymore. They say that the number of obesed people and people who die of anorexia is about the same but no one attacks the fat ones. Just the skinny ones. But what's the difference? At the end of the day you don't care. I'm just some stupid girl. I ate today. As in not dieted and got a healthy amount but you don't care. I think have of you are jealous. And then some of you can just go filnd the edge of the world and fall off it. And then some of you are really human and not cruel. Thank you to those few.

You should check into a clinic and get some help. As a life long overweight person you have to understand that those of us who are battling with weight loss are used to skinny people making horribly hurtful comments about our body weight. Some of us automatically assume that you are here to poke fun at us since society as a whole views us as sub human. Excuse our lashing out because people are cruel. You just experienced a taste of what some of us face on a daily basis.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I can assure you we are not jealous, merely concerned as we can see you are not healthy. These people are not being cruel by trying to help you.

Most of the people on this thread aren't. They're too busy trying to be 'funny' and make fun of someone who is clearly ill. People who are severely overweight and binge get a lot of support here (and I think that's fantastic) but people who are at the other end of the spectrum get ridiculed and have ppl be horrid to them.

OP I think you know you're sick. I hope you're getting treatment and if you're not please do ask for help. You deserve to be happy and healthy and of eating wont do that for you. Ignore the nasty ones (button they're not jealous. I promise you that) pls listen to the others who are giving advice.
    You should check into a clinic and get some help. As a life long overweight person you have to understand that those of us who are battling with weight loss are used to skinny people making horribly hurtful comments about our body weight. Some of us automatically assume that you are here to poke fun at us since society as a whole views us as sub human. Excuse our lashing out because people are cruel. You just experienced a taste of what some of us face on a daily basis.

Oh piss off. That is the biggest load of tosh I've ever heard. A d makes (generic) you look even worse! You know what it's like so yay for bashing the sick chick?

How about everyone try and give respect to others and offer assistance when asked?
  • avafrisbee
    avafrisbee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    You need help. I don't think these forums will give the help you need. There are people on here that will support you and I hope you are using the tools here to get healthy. But these forums, I would stay off of them for a while.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options

You are a beautiful person.

Thank you :) it really makes me angry when people's immediate reactions to what is a very real illness are to call 'troll' and try and make jokes about it. The above comment about overweight people being used to rude remarks from skinny people, so that's why they all were cruel to allalone is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Big, small, healthy or sick, people are people and no one should be cruel to anyone for heaven's sake!

I agree with avafrisbee that I don't think these forums are helpful to allalone. I don't think a lot of people on here really understand anorexia and either way these are primarily weight loss forums. Even though there's the option to gain weight using them, most people on here are trying to lose it seems.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I commented on this post earlier but because there was so much banter on there, you probably didn't see it.

I wanted to let you know that, even though I don't know you, I am concerned for you. I hope that you are able to get the support you need to be strong and healthy - whatever the scale says.

I have a friend on here who is one of my favorite people, and she is in an ED recovery program through her hospital. I am amazed at the progress she is making and how, even when she stumbles or backslides, she keeps working.

I don't have any personal experience with anorexia - in fact, I used to weigh 294 pounds - but I do have a lot of experience with turning an unhealthy way of life around. One of the reasons I have been so successful is that I really put my focus first and foremost on getting healthy. If there is anything I can say or do to encourage you to do the same, please let me know.

In the meantime, please know that people care about you - even if we don't know you personally - and we are hoping that you are able to turn it around and get healthy.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Allalone, please seek professional help. Start by discussing your weight issue with your doctor.

Others, please be nice. We're here to help and support each other, not throw accusations. Allalone may have a serious eating disorder. Some eating disorders make us too fat, while some make us too skinny. Most of us on this site have experienced one or the other. Some people may have experienced both.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options

Most of the people on this thread aren't. They're too busy trying to be 'funny' and make fun of someone who is clearly ill. People who are severely overweight and binge get a lot of support here (and I think that's fantastic) but people who are at the other end of the spectrum get ridiculed and have ppl be horrid to them.

OP I think you know you're sick. I hope you're getting treatment and if you're not please do ask for help. You deserve to be happy and healthy and of eating wont do that for you. Ignore the nasty ones (button they're not jealous. I promise you that) pls listen to the others who are giving advice.

Oh piss off. That is the biggest load of tosh I've ever heard. A d makes (generic) you look even worse! You know what it's like so yay for bashing the sick chick?

How about everyone try and give respect to others and offer assistance when asked?

It wasn't my intention to bash her. I was trying to encourage her to get some help. why don't you go piss off?
  • FatgutBgone
    FatgutBgone Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Um. What do I say? Thank you ally. I don't know what I want. I know I don't want to live this way anymore. They say that the number of obesed people and people who die of anorexia is about the same but no one attacks the fat ones. Just the skinny ones. But what's the difference? At the end of the day you don't care. I'm just some stupid girl. I ate today. As in not dieted and got a healthy amount but you don't care. I think have of you are jealous. And then some of you can just go find the edge of the world and fall off it. And then some of you are really human and not cruel. Thank you to those few.

I am her first friend that tryed to help her. I am glad she is trying so hard to stay alive. I was afraid she would be gone by now. This is why I stay away from these forums and try to stay to the clubs and friends of friends. To stay away from tha *kitten* holes.
  • BlackRangerX
    BlackRangerX Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    eb6.jpg

OR BOTH?!?!?
  • missy_1975
    missy_1975 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    eb6.jpg

Lol! This pic flashed into my head when I read this post. Apologies to OP if genuine (in which case it is likely that you may have an ED)
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Please honey, for the sake of all that's holy, check yourself into the hospital for some in-depth serious therapy. You are killing yourself...from what I can see you appear to be pretty, but that is all being camoflauged by your ED. There is a "too thin" and you are it. EDs come from a low self-esteem and a dysmorphic view of one's self. Please get some help before you die.
  • medguy57
    Options
    I think I smell a "TROLL"
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    eb6.jpg

this
  • leogirl724
    Options
    those of you being harsh...
    do you honestly think you are helping matters?

Not Nice!