My gift : Excel spreadsheet for BMR, TDEE, CUT, BUILD and ma

Options

Replies

• thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    This is great, thanks for sharing! Are all the cells based on those formulas, or is there other info (like the recommended macros) that come from other sources? If so, do you mind sharing what those sources are? (I always like to read the original stuff myself.) Thanks again :flowerforyou:
  • suztheq
    suztheq Posts: 171
    Options
    So very awesome! Thank you so much!
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    THank you!!
  • thin150
    thin150 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    This is great! Thanks :)
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    bump.

I've gotta check this out. Thanks for putting this together!
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    This is great, thanks for sharing! Are all the cells based on those formulas, or is there other info (like the recommended macros) that come from other sources? If so, do you mind sharing what those sources are? (I always like to read the original stuff myself.) Thanks again :flowerforyou:

Weeks of readings across multiple websites, and cross referencing.
    Approved by folks who have been able to measure directly their value. There is of course an error margin, but very very low. Same apply to the food you log. There is an error margin of 2% I'd say per food :)

Edit, I built it from scratch :)
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Bumping to save it for later - very much looking forward to taking a look.
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Very nice...the difference in my BMR using Mifflin St Jeor (sp) and Katch McArdle is huge (~by 200 calories). I know my bf percentage (via bod pod). Which should I follow?
  • AWelden2012
    AWelden2012 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. Thanks!
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    Very nice...the difference in my BMR using Mifflin St Jeor (sp) and Katch McArdle is huge (~by 200 calories). I know my bf percentage (via bod pod). Which should I follow?

If you know your BF, use the Katch-McArdle one, that one is the same regarding the gender :-)
  • Kevww1982
    Options
    Word of warning - Unless I did something really wrong, that won't work for very overweight folks. According to that, my activity level is .53, and I work out 5 days a week, at least. Yes, POINT five three. ROFL! But it is an impressive tool for folks who are a normal weight and wanting to build muscle and that sort of thing! Great tool!

Shannon

.53 is not an option for activity level.

Sedentary (Little or no exercise + desk job) 1.2
    Lightly Active (Little daily activity & light exercise 1-3 days a week) 1.3/ 1.4
    Moderately Active (Moderately active daily life & Moderate exercise 3-5 days a week) 1.5/ 1.6
    Very Active (Physically demanding lifestyle & Hard exercise or sports 6-7 days a week) 1.7/ 1.8
    Extremely Active (Hard daily exercise or sports and physical job) 1.9 /2
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Bump to check from home
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    I like this - I think. if I don't want to gain, what do I put in the chart? can I put - something?

Sorry if it's a dumbass question :P

I updated it for you :)
    There is a weight loss plan, safe enough to prevent any stuff that would make the loss dangerous (shrinking thryoid, catabolism, resistance, fatigue, etc...)
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Hey, if you want to lose, just use the cut value, that gives you a daily 15% deficit.
    I'll add later a colum for a weight lose estimation plan :)

i need the weight loss column

HELP!!!:frown:
    any chance of making it pounds and inches for those of us (ME!!!:embarassed: ) who royally suck at figuring the conversions?

I'm 167 lbs
    5'9
    activity level is Sedentary
    NO clue what the body fat % would be
    Ideal weight gain? i want to lose 27lbs to be my goal of 140lbs
    current cals is 1200/day
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    Hey, if you want to lose, just use the cut value, that gives you a daily 15% deficit.
    I'll add later a colum for a weight lose estimation plan :)

i need the weight loss column

HELP!!!:frown:
    any chance of making it pounds and inches for those of us (ME!!!:embarassed: ) who royally suck at figuring the conversions?

I'm 167 lbs
    5'9
    activity level is Sedentary
    NO clue what the body fat % would be
    Ideal weight gain? i want to lose 27lbs to be my goal of 140lbs
    current cals is 1200/day

It has been updated, just download it again :)

edit ; later I'll add the kilos to lbs and cm to inches columns :)
  • tdvogl
    tdvogl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Excellent! I will take a look later with more time!
  • thetiwi1890
    thetiwi1890 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Felidae_1981
    Felidae_1981 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    So we still enter say ".5" into the weight difference column, and then go by the weight loss plan...

I estimated my body fat % at 23% (need to get this measured but think that s accurte). It says I should eat 1725 to cut @15%... since I have restricted my carbs to 130 or less - I was WAYYY over every day, not just a little I am having a hard time reaching 1200...
  • keekykay3
    Options
    Bump...
  • jodi_bannister
    jodi_bannister Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Awesome...thanks :)