My gift : Excel spreadsheet for BMR, TDEE, CUT, BUILD and ma

Options

Replies

• PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    No problem.
    Follow it, increase your cal, change your macros golas, EAT MORE, and voila, bye bye plateau :D
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    Small update ; next to the macros, in percent are displayed the values in percent, so you know know what you should put on your MFP goals :)
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    See, now that is a feature that the other calculator lacks! Nice.
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    While I'm trying to update my diaries accordingly, a 15% protein intake is quite hard to hit. I'm always above, 15% means you only have one small source of protein per day - quite hard. Looks like the following repartition is way easy to apply : carbs : 50%, fat : 25%, and prot :25%. 25 on both allow multiple fat incomes per day. ( nuts, oils, fish caps), and also multipe proteins intakes per day ( breakfast egg, post-wo creatine, high protein dinner, meat at lunch, etc...)
    Check my diary for a usage of a 50-25-25 ratio :-) ) update on the sheet to come!
  • Inlet
    Inlet Posts: 135
    Options
    Hooray for a women's one!
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    A reply i made to a friend :
    Oi, i'll update my spreadsheet in a minute. It's very hard to have a 15% protein, 55% carbs and 30% fat. Wayyy more easier to hit a f:25%, p: 25%, c:50%. Regarding the amount, the most important value is...fat! It should count about 25-30% of the intake, then proteins, and carbs that allow you to fill hour daily goals. Too much protein is useless, they have the same cal. value as carbs. In term of weight loss, absolutely no difference. While it's getting interesting is their usage in synthesis, they are the main source of it. Providing enough protein allow the body to preserve the muscle mass, and using the fat as energy source rather than muscle while you are in deficit. Another interesting property is the feeling of satiety protein provide over carbs. In the end, 25%-25 with fat seems a good deal : enough fat along the day, as protein (i've been able to use em into 5 meals/ day!). Being high  in carbs has one more hell of advantage : if you want to lose weight, you only update your carbs intakes, others nutrients don't move. And that, sister, that's the bomb :-)
  • jeccalou
    jeccalou Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Saving
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Have also saved this. Interesting as the BMR is the same as my calories allowed on MFP - so that would mean every bit of exercise I do is bringing me lower than BMR. Perhaps this is why I haven't lost anything in the last 5 months! :noway: I've been at 1200 and only just put it up on MFP to 1lb a week in desperation to try something different.

Time to start eating more and see how this works.

Thanks for sharing this and even if it was already on the net I hadn't seen it. :drinker:
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Super cool! Thanks so much!
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    Updated spreadsheet :
    Added a "Realistic Macros" for MFP goals, the ideals are very hard to apply IRL (especially on proteins)
    Added a "Your current intake" table, which calculate the difference between your current intakes, and your TDEE, eg, that would help you to know if you are definitely eating too much or not.

Too low : Consider lowering your intake to prevent fat storage
    Too high : Consider uppering your intake to prevent health issues (beware, this category doesn't apply to people with specifics :)

I hope all you 1200 calories people understand better ;-)
    URL :
    http://interzone.kicks-*kitten*.net/Calculating_calories.xls
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    Have also saved this. Interesting as the BMR is the same as my calories allowed on MFP - so that would mean every bit of exercise I do is bringing me lower than BMR. Perhaps this is why I haven't lost anything in the last 5 months! :noway: I've been at 1200 and only just put it up on MFP to 1lb a week in desperation to try something different.

Time to start eating more and see how this works.

Thanks for sharing this and even if it was already on the net I hadn't seen it. :drinker:

Exactly, eating around the BMR means you lower the metabolism , eg : less energy is required to perform the same task.
    No secret - BMR : vital functions (heart pumping, etc...) now suppose you eat around that and you perform like a crazy, the body won't use the fat, as the cal. deficit is too big, it will "slow down".
    You can "fix" that by eating more first (eg maintenance, or stay in the acceptable cut range)
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, I work in stats and I do love me a good spreadsheet :flowerforyou:
  • gtfcnat
    gtfcnat Posts: 199
    Options
    bump
  • snakesandladders2
    snakesandladders2 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Merci beaucoup! very useful!
  • jagoochie
    jagoochie Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    thanks!!!
  • jeepzilla
    Options
    Looks awesome going to give a go.
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thank-you!
  • monkeymouse74
    Options
    bump
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Looks fab - just one correction though, from a spreadsheet nerd.

The female current % intake needs tweeking unless I'm reading it wrong.- The womens % intake is showing a percentage of the Men's Build intake (C7) rather than the female numbers (C19 to C21)
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    Great little tool :D