Replies

• Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Much appreciated!
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Looks fab - just one correction though, from a spreadsheet nerd.

The female current % intake needs tweeking unless I'm reading it wrong.- The womens % intake is showing a percentage of the Men's Build intake (C7) rather than the female numbers (C19 to C21)

The file has been updated, thanks! :)
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    i guess i am going to sound like a dumbass, but i am not sure i know how to use this spreadsheet:blushing:
  • mbissey
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks!
  • chezmoss
    chezmoss Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thanks dude.
  • marianeo
    marianeo Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Great tool, thanks!!
  • snaggly
    snaggly Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks SO much for this. What great work!

So, realistically, we should not be eating below BMR - if my BMR according to the calculations is 1292, should I be eating the 15% cut of 1427 cals NET or straight cals? In other words, do I take into account cal burn?
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    i guess i am going to sound like a dumbass, but i am not sure i know how to use this spreadsheet:blushing:

You just fill your age, weight (in kilos), your height (in centimeters), your body fat if you know it, and an activity level (pick one from the activity levels numbers), and how much calories your are eating everyday.

the sheet will give you :
    - your maintenance, (eating that amount prevent either muscle build, either weight lose)
    - your BMR (via two formulas, quite similar)
    - how much you need to eat in order to gain muscle, and minimizing fat storage
    - how much you need to eat in order to lose weight
    - a build plan : weight yourself one time per week, empty stomach, same day : if you gain too much, it means it's fat
    - a weight loss plan : if you lose too much, it may be dangerous
    - how to setup your MFP goals (custom goals) for every nutrient, with two goals : an "ideal" one, (but hard to apply IRL imho), and a "realistic" one (based on weeks of myself's diaries)
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options

So, realistically, we should not be eating below BMR - if my BMR according to the calculations is 1292, should I be eating the 15% cut of 1427 cals NET or straight cals? In other words, do I take into account cal burn?

Totally yes, in order to lose weight, you stay withing the "cut" range, which is a 15% difference based on MAINTENANCE (the maintenance itself being the activity level per BMR), in other words : vital functions : BMR, no, if you are very active in life : extra energy required :)
    How to lose weight : create a safe calorie deficit :)

Regarding these famous net: yes!
    suppose now you perform a crazy workout that requires extra 500 calories : you make the deficit bigger, meaning you are out of the sage range. Doing it one, two, three times, is cool, but maintaining a too long important calories deficit (accross months) will only make the weight lose even complicated.
    I was during months (eg 5-6 months) in a extreme calories deficit (I'd say 50-55), now I'm all wozzy ahah :D
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    bump to look at later
  • snaggly
    snaggly Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Totally yes, in order to lose weight, you stay withing the "cut" range, which is a 15% difference based on MAINTENANCE (the maintenance itself being the activity level per BMR), in other words : vital functions : BMR, no, if you are very active in life : extra energy required :)
    How to lose weight : create a safe calorie deficit :)

Regarding these famous net: yes!
    suppose now you perform a crazy workout that requires extra 500 calories : you make the deficit bigger, meaning you are out of the sage range. Doing it one, two, three times, is cool, but maintaining a too long important calories deficit (accross months) will only make the weight lose even complicated.
    I was during months (eg 5-6 months) in a extreme calories deficit (I'd say 50-55), now I'm all wozzy ahah :D

Thanks again for this. It does make a lot of sense to stay within that 15% range particularly so that we don't put the weight back on when going on maintenance after weight loss.
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    Now you totally get it!

Thus it will prevent the yoyo effect : eg I'm during a month on an extreme deficit (45%, 50%), when the diet is over -> Maintenance, or, in most of times, 30% above maintenance (because of the deprivation feelng) --> the yoyo effect :)
    Now suppose you stay in the safe range : you can remain in deficit during months, thus you burn fat, lose weight, and, damn, you EAT :D
  • lisa28115
    Options
    BMR 1,478
    Maintenance 2,217
    Cut (@ 15%) 1,885
    Build (@ 15%) 2,550

Only fill here !!!
    Weight (in kilos) 89.81
    Height (in cm) 154.94
    Age 46
    Activity Level (pick above) 1.5
    Body Fat (in %) (for M-McArdie only)
    Current calories intake 1900

Use the following converter :
    Your weight in lbs kilos
    198 89.81
    Yout height in inches Centimeters
    61 154.94

so 1885 is what i should be eating everyday...whether i exercise or not
    i have been eating around 1900 with at least 1hr walking everyday

sorry ...to be so dense
    i work 3rd shift...i have been up all nite which i think is another hurdle to my weight loss
    i have lost nothing since i started here in november
  • AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    FAB! Thanks!
  • lisa28115
    Options
    Damn, i think maybe i got it!!!:noway:

I should eat 1885 no matter what i do, where i go or what the hell happens
    and i will lose weight!!!!:huh:
  • gazerofthestars
    gazerofthestars Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Very nice! :)
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Uhm interesting
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    Damn, i think maybe i got it!!!:noway:

I should eat 1885 no matter what i do, where i go or what the hell happens
    and i will lose weight!!!!:huh:

exactly, by eating that amount, you remain in a low,but constant deficit, check the lose plain, now weight yourself everyweek, and check if your lbs match the plan.
    So, based on your numbers, you would weight 178 lbs in 20 weeks :)
  • i_am_asparagus
    i_am_asparagus Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Thanks. :happy:
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    Sure :)
    I'll think about what features I could add :d