My gift : Excel spreadsheet for BMR, TDEE, CUT, BUILD and ma

Options

Replies

• laurajplus4
    laurajplus4 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    LOVE this spreadsheet. I FINALLY feel like I may start understanding this all :)

2 Questions (which I think have been answered, but just in case...):

1.) Which amount do I use? Mifflin St. Jeor, or the Katch-McArdle. The BMR or the Cut? (I do not know my body fat)

2.) Do I just no longer log my excercise (but still do it)?

Thank you SO SO much :)
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Sure :) My cut's almost over, I wanted to seriously work on my build after that, no more mess :smokin:
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    LOVE this spreadsheet. I FINALLY feel like I may start understanding this all :)

2 Questions (which I think have been answered, but just in case...):

1.) Which amount do I use? Mifflin St. Jeor, or the Katch-McArdle. The BMR or the Cut? (I do not know my body fat)

2.) Do I just no longer log my excercise (but still do it)?

Thank you SO SO much :)

1- If you don'k know your BF : "Mifflin-St Jeor (FOR WOMEN)". If you want to lose weight : the cut @ 15 %, which means a daily 15% deficit :).
    BMR : Basal Metabolic Rate : Required energy for our body to perfom vital tasks, don't eat near that
    CUT : 15% deficit from TDEE which allows you to slowly burn
    BUIL : 15% excesss. The extra energy will be used for the body to heal muscles, build fibers, etc.... --> gain muscle :glasses:

2- Log your exercices, that will allow you to know how much your burnt, eg. extra consumed. Now suppose your burn 500 calories, you higher your TDEE with 500 calories. If you keep the cut with the same value, you make the deficit even bigger (remember the 15% range is sage) if you do it several times, no biggie at all, but remaning everyday within a huge deficit is dangerous :)
  • pearsan
    pearsan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Seems pretty on par with my calculations when I enter my info.
    Nice Job, though I am sure it will not work for everyone. (Nothing ever does)
  • beautifullyblessed16
    Options
    bump! You rock! Thanks!
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    You welcome :)
  • beautifullyblessed16
    Options
    You ROCK, Razique!! :flowerforyou:

Anytime Jennifer!

Juste make sure you guys don't play with the fire by updating values in order to make the weight loss faster - that won't make any good AT ALL
    - cheers mates

Question: So as we progress through the weeks, we do not have to update the weight (whether we have gained/lost since the original weight input)?
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    Nope, that would mean you won't have any "starting weight". The best thing to do is to give you a middle-term goal (3 months seems good)
    You start on Monday, and everyweek, you compare your current weight with the plan. If you are losing faster than the plan accross weeks, it means you can slighlty increase your intakes. If in one another hand you are losing too slowly compared to the plan it means you'll need to eat slightly less (eg 200 calories less)
  • beautifullyblessed16
    Options
    Ohhhhh! Now that totally makes sense! So according to the chart, I would approximately meet my goal weight in 16 weeks, which will be right on my birthday. Once I reach that point, would I just switch over to my maintenance calories right at that point or would I have to gradually up my calories over several days/weeks until I reach my maintenance calorie limit?
  • stenochick0417
    stenochick0417 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    bump
  • christinaz1985
    christinaz1985 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sjdoman
    sjdoman Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Sure :)
    I'll think about what features I could add :d

You could add equations to calculate body fat %

And thanks! This is great.
  • dewgirl321
    dewgirl321 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Lovely spreadsheet. Thanks, Razique!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    Bump for when the spreadsheet gets updated again. :smile:
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Excellent! :D
  • queen3510
    Options
    bump
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Bump to remind myself to look at home; work filters all urls with 'naughty' words in the link.
  • anta1
    anta1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    How do i open it on macbook?