Bump.
  • kappyd
    kappyd Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    nice
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    It's so awesome all the work you went through on that - much appreciated. I wish I was more scientific to understand it a little better. However, in putting all my figures in, the Mifflin-St. Jeor (For Women)percentage shows as 39.6%. In reading that the "current difference ....acceptable range is -15%/+15% (???) then I have to move my current calories from 1200 to about 1680 to get that figure to about 15%. Is that what I'm after? Maybe I"m eating too little because I have been at a plateau for almost a year.

I could be misunderstanding though - the chart is pretty complex though would be incredible if I understood it! LOL.
  • MelissaGraham7
    Options
    I think I have the same conclusions as rmk20togo - and maybe that is why I haven't lost in such a long time? Maybe my deficit is too much and/or not eating enough? I'm usually at 1200-1250 and eat back half of my calories burned, working out about 5 hours or more a week. Hmmmmmm......
  • MelissaGraham7
    Options
    Last question - I hope - the "If only: OFF days diff (10:10% under ON days intakes) = 20? what does that represent? Sorry to not comprehend that part....? anyone?
  • kaileysgran
    Options
    bump
  • FireballStrike
    FireballStrike Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Bump for later.
  • patricia909
    patricia909 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LoveMyArmyMedic
    LoveMyArmyMedic Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Bump. Thank you!!
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Interesting.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    what do you mean by cut? Sorry I have been seeing this lately and don't know what it means.
  • melonchange
    Options
    thank you. I am trying to figure it out now. all the best!

Dylan
  • elizamc
    elizamc Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Really helpful - thanks!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    bump....gonna have to give it a try tomorrow from home :)
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I do have a question on my numbers though. My current TDEE difference is 18.3 Mifflin St.-Jeorg and 26.4 Hatch- McArdle.
    Acceptable range says +-15. Does that mean my deficit is too high??
    Well you can go 'til a 18% deficit - but it's way too big for having it sustainable on a long term basis. 15% deficit mean you could slowly lose weight, accross YEARS without having the feeling on being on diet specifically :)
    However, in putting all my figures in, the Mifflin-St. Jeor (For Women)percentage shows as 39.6%. In reading that the "current difference ....acceptable range is -15%/+15% (???) then I have to move my current calories from 1200 to about 1680 to get that figure to about 15%. Is that what I'm after? Maybe I"m eating too little because I have been at a plateau for almost a year.
    Say above, that means you have a 40% deficit -ie - if you were eating 40% more, you weight should remain stable :-)
    I can confirm that ON ME ONLY - I had a 60% deficit, weight loss, then plateau for months- today I'm on -10% (meaning I eat 10% above maintenance), the weight seems stable (in fact I'm losing but that's another story :p)
    the "If only: OFF days diff (10:10% under ON days intakes) = 20? what does that represent? Sorry to not comprehend that part....? anyone?
    Only usefull for people doing Intermitent Fasting - the deficit during OFF days. No need to touch that value if you are not on IF ;-)
    what do you mean by cut
    A cut/ build are two traditional phases for BB's : cut : being in deficit in order to lose fat/ weigh gained during the build phase.
    The build phase consists in eating a lot more above maintenance to synthesize protieins (eg growing muscles). But there is also a fat gain during that phase. So the cut aims to burn fat and preserve lean mass. Above that BB explanation :
    Cut 15% : 15% deficit under maintenance
    Build 15% : 15% excess over maintenance :)
  • MelissaGraham7
    Options
    Razique: Thank you so much for the spreadsheet and for your patience in answering questions. I'm going to try what this shows and see what happens! It can't hurt. From all of us, thank you for the time you have taken to help us out!
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    And you welcome :-)

don't hesitate if you want me to add extra stuff (but don't too much, the sheet starting to be larger than my screen ahah) :D
  • titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    bump
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    bump :D