I'll have to give this a look.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Thanks - an expert review :D
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info Razique. So I'm in a little higher a deficit at 18 for awhile. After 8 or 10 more pounds I'll back it down to 15 or so. I'm within 15 lbs of my target and I have slowed lately with loss to about a pound a week and that's fine. This has been a great thread and a wonderful act of service on your part. You are a good man my friend!
  • Ceceamanda
    Ceceamanda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    bump
  • skump425
    skump425 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    bump for later, cant open it at work
  • Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Thank you! According to this...I'm eating way under what I should be.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    what do you mean by cut
    A cut/ build are two traditional phases for BB's : cut : being in deficit in order to lose fat/ weigh gained during the build phase.
    The build phase consists in eating a lot more above maintenance to synthesize protieins (eg growing muscles). But there is also a fat gain during that phase. So the cut aims to burn fat and preserve lean mass. Above that BB explanation :
    Cut 15% : 15% deficit under maintenance
    Build 15% : 15% excess over maintenance :)

Thanks I figured if I heard the term more than a few times I must need to know what it is. I am just beginning to do weight training.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    The formulas are spot on, same numbers I've been using for myself. My only criticism would be to maybe split it up into different sheets for readability purposes, with everything kinda just jumbled onto one sheet it can be a bit tough to read.
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    Thanks tiger, I think I'll do that - You are right :-)
  • Tmrice721
    Tmrice721 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!!!

bump
  • nutandbutter
    Options
    Bump :-)
  • lifechange12
    lifechange12 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    bump:wink:
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    LOVE this!! Thanks for creating it and sharing w/ everyone!! I just entered all my info. in and changed my macros....gonna give it a whirl. Quick question~ If my BMR is showing 1403 should I be changing my calorie goal to that? I have read that we should eat at least our BMR daily....I started out at 1200 last year and changed it to 1300 when a plateau hit and it seemed to help get me out of it. Well I haven't lost any weight in over 2 weeks so I just upped it to 1400, hoping it helps. I read a lot about the whole eat more to lose more....it seems crazy but it somehow works.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    thanks
  • hunnyspice
    hunnyspice Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!!
  • porvenir
    porvenir Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    LOVE this!! Thanks for creating it and sharing w/ everyone!! I just entered all my info. in and changed my macros....gonna give it a whirl. Quick question~ If my BMR is showing 1403 should I be changing my calorie goal to that? I have read that we should eat at least our BMR daily....I started out at 1200 last year and changed it to 1300 when a plateau hit and it seemed to help get me out of it. Well I haven't lost any weight in over 2 weeks so I just upped it to 1400, hoping it helps. I read a lot about the whole eat more to lose more....it seems crazy but it somehow works.

Nope, not your BMR, your TDEE (or maintenance) and play around. If you want to lose weight, update your MFP goals to be around the "CUT " calories, and don't eat them back ;)
  • DarrenSeeley
    DarrenSeeley Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • ravihira1892
    ravihira1892 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    bump for later