Bump for later :)
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    watch bump
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    "Nope, not your BMR, your TDEE (or maintenance) and play around. If you want to lose weight, update your MFP goals to be around the "CUT " calories, and don't eat them back ;) "

Thanks for the above! I had been so afraid to ask about the eating the calories back!! I started per the spreadsheet yesterday, upping my calories but with healthy food and increasing protein and had a really great day with my stats. So excited to see what this will produce!
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Sure, don't hesitate if you have any question :-)

But you'd base your protocol around the TDEE, never around the BMR - the less you are active, the more TDEE will get close to the BMR. In fact - people are somehow "affraid" to eat much. Stay around around the TDEE (15% deficit = cut) and track your weight everyweek - if you don't lose, you eat a little less, if you lose too quickly, you eat more - no magic involved.

Another important thing is to remain constant accross weeks. If everyday the calories intakes changes (eg +40%, -50%, etc...)
    you won't never know what's your maintenance :)
  • ell_jay
    ell_jay Posts: 68
    Options
    This is uhhh-mazing! :D I've been trying to workout my protein/carbs/fats ratio for a while (: Thank you very much (:
  • qtpie99
    qtpie99 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Bump at work
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    sure :)
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    bump for later....
  • Michelled1919
    Michelled1919 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    thx!! and bump!!
  • austelle
    austelle Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    thanks
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    bump
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    Small note :
    I'm just thinking updating my sheet with a body fat calculator. Gotta digg more but based on the type of trainning (eg an "trainning type factor" : cardio <
    > strength) factored with an "experience factor" (how much time per week since when, and based on the calories intake, the error margin will mainly be due to genetics I think. Someone my type (very active, young), with my weight and my practice, will likely tend to a lean mass and very low body fat. If I had the same level in cardio I've in strenght, I'd weight muuuch more, with a slightly higher body fat. So I think the factor can be calculated. The error margin woul be genetics. But I'm not so sure that margin would be that bigger compared to St Jeor formula, which is quite realistic compared to the McKardie one which uses the body fat as a factor.
    56 minutes ago · Comment
    View all 3 comments

Razique Damn,meaning i always been the cardio type, not the strength one at all
    53 minutes ago · Delete

Razique (walking on the street) the more I think, the more it's possible. Loss of lean mass occurs with extreme diets. The experience factored with the intakes could be the answer to that event. The weight, the activity level and activity type would calculate it also. If I'm able to figure out just one variable for genetics part, gathering datas from people will totally help to even more reduce that error margin.
  • change_happens
    Options
    gee, thanks! :happy:
  • cjones0992
    cjones0992 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Bumping for tonight. Good work Razique!
  • PercivalHackworth