Goal weight for women who are 5'1-5'2

Options

Replies

• Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    5'2", 104 today. In principle, I'd like to get back down to 100 and then reassess. I've been in the 90s in the past. (Nope, no ED, perfectly healthy.) But I'm under a lot of stress at the moment and merely keeping my weight in this range is an exceptional effort.
  • Verdenal
    Options

Anyone have pics how 120 looks on them on a 5'2 height. Would also be great to know the bodyfat percentage!

Bear in mind that people can look different even at the same height and weight. One's overall appearance depends on body frame size, weight distribution, and as you recognize, body fat percentage and muscle mass.
  • kernrivergirl
    kernrivergirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 5'1 and currently weigh 130.6. My body fat% is 28 % (!) The lightest I have been at this height was in high school when I weighed 113. I have pictures of myself weighing 130 with 24% body fat.

My current goal is to get to 21% body fat so I am aiming to get down to 120. I have been at 120 lbs two years ago when I was getting ready for a half marathon. I was not lifting weights and with clothes on I looked great but without clothes I was shapeless.

With my current body fat% I have been aiming for 40% carbs, 40% protein and 20% fat which has been recommended to me by several people but it feels difficult to maintain. But I have heard that a 40% Carb, 30% Protein and 30% fat macro breakdown also works for mesomorph body types when cutting. I am also doing the Jamie Eason workout.

30165872.png
  • TatianaMacKenzie
    TatianaMacKenzie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    According to Weight Watchers weight ranges for 5' 2": ages 17-25 = 125 (upper target), ages 25-45 = 131 (upper target), and over 45 years old = 137 (upper target). Minimum for all adults of 5' 2" and 17+ years = 109 pounds.
    Based on BMI.
  • Verdenal
    Options
    According to Weight Watchers weight ranges for 5' 2": ages 17-25 = 125 (upper target), ages 25-45 = 131 (upper target), and over 45 years old = 137 (upper target). Minimum for all adults of 5' 2" and 17+ years = 109 pounds.
    Based on BMI.

Those are guides based on averages drawn from a country whose population is overweight. Not everyone fits into them. I'm 5'2" and was in the low 90s for much of my young adulthood. 109 is a very high weight for me.

Do not presume to tell others what constitutes a healthy weight. That is to be determined by them and medical doctors who have a thorough knowledge of their genetics, weight history, and activity level.
  • Verdenal
    Options
    A doctor will tell that you should weigh around 110 at 5 foot. After that add ten pounds to every inch in height and that is a healthy weight for a typical woman.
    I am a little taller than this group (5'4) but not by much. I currently weigh 143.
    My goal weight is 138.

NO. A doctor will tell you what you should weigh based on your bone structure, weight history and physical activity needs. People carry weight in different ways and not every 5' woman was meant to be 110 pounds. Unfortunately, many people are obese and have lost all sense of what is a normal weight, or what is normal for other people.
  • shiloh14
    Options
    Im 5'1 1/2, I have a relatively small frame and the last time I weighed 100lbs was when I was 17. I look my best when I weigh 100-110. I have hypothyroidism so losing weight is a bit hard. When i was at my heaviest I weighed 178lbs. Now im down to 155-160. I have a small waist, small hips, and a small butt too. So when i gain weight it all goes to my gut and my boobs. Lol. Yay for food babies and big boobs lol.
  • LindaMc6262
    LindaMc6262 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It varies greatly depending on frame size and body composition. I am 5'2" with a small frame. In college I never weighed more than 105, and was 108-110 for most of my adult life - until menopause. I got up to 142 and looked pudgy. I am now 126 and look OK, but I still have some more to lose. I'm aiming for 115. I don't think I should ever weight more than 120, but that's because of my bone structure.
  • Kimberlypotter1231
    Options
    When I was doing my dietetic internship at a hospital back in '94, we would calculate ideal body weight as mentioned, 100# for the first 5 feet + an additional 5 lbs for each inch...crazy!
  • vicbre2010
    vicbre2010 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3
    Medium frame
    CW 172
    GW 120

I think I'd look sick if I went under 120 lbs.
  • TJFireworks
    TJFireworks Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    How are you doing now weight wise. I am the same height and my goal is 140. I am curvey and anything under 130 looks very sick on me. Im 155 now and I looks so heavty. I really think it all depends on the person.
  • Arekha
    Arekha Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    5'1" here, 100-105 looked good on me, but that was long ago, before kids. At 119 (down from 126) now, current goal is 110 and will re assess
  • annangelich
    annangelich Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    according to BMI scale the healthy weight range for the following heights are
    5'0" should be anywhere from 97lbs to 123lbs
    5'1" should be anywhere from 100lbs to 127lbs
    5'2" should be anywhere from 104lbs to 131lbs

I am 5'1" and weighed 98lbs, I don't want to be that small, my goal is 115. That was a good weight for me. I looked healthy and had nice curves, and I felt great.
    Each of us are different in build and body type so, the 97 lbs that looks fantastic on my friend makes me look like I am on the brink of death. The friend who has a slightly bigger frame looks great at 130 but I still have some extra rolls... We are all the same height just built much differently as well as carry our weight in different areas.
  • dutchi2010
    dutchi2010 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1 1/2. I think the ideal weight would be anywhere from 115-135. My first goal weight is 145. Once I hit my goal I am going to try to get to 135.

I also believe it's what weight you think you look best at. I happen to like having curves.

Starting weight-163
  • lazirlott
    lazirlott Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and currently 125. I have lost about 10 pounds and still have a few more to go. Basically I don't care how much I weigh, I just want a FLAT STOMACH which I do not have yet. I am thinking between 115 and 120 should be about right, but we will see. I was 92 pounds when I was 22 years old, am 44 now so NOT going to get back to that LOL
  • Pammeycakes55
    Pammeycakes55 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am 5" 1/2" Yes, that inch counts. :laugh: I am 59 years young, and weigh 188. :indifferent: I am hoping I will get down to 135...however, my goal right now, is 160. Then take baby steps. I'm thinking that if I get any lower at my age I will really look aweful. Any thoughts on that?
  • Pammeycakes55
    Pammeycakes55 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • sarahjane135
    sarahjane135 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This is to no one specific but I think we should try to stay away from words like gross, sickly, etc. Think for a second if someone said "I would never want to weigh x-amount, that would be so gross and sickly" but that number was a high weight. It's no less mean and judgemental to say it about a low weight. Everyone has their own idea of where THEY look best. Regardless of the end goal weight are we not all here for the same reason? Now that my rant is over, my start weight was 140 & my current goal weight is 115 but I wouldn't mind seeing 105. I'm 5'1
  • TJFireworks
    TJFireworks Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi Sarah Jane135, I apologize for comment about "me"looking sick. I am new to the the website so I have to learn how to be careful with the words I choose. Please accept my a apology or to anyone else. That may have been my response to seeing so many people write that " if you are 5'0 you should weight 110 or so". We are all different and I just wanted to express that there is no chart that says where we need to be in weight. I have never been 110 and at 140 I looked so small. Sorry again. Just wanted to share my personal story. :-)
  • Keshondra954
    Options
    Hello!!! ...Starting weight was 214 after giving birth march 2013. Current weight is 183... Pre pregnancy weight is 160 so that's what I'm aiming for right now but my final goal is to get back to 140 before 2015. Feel free to add me for support. I'm 5'2 :-) #GoodNight
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!