Do you log your meals/snacks before you actually eat them?

Options
12346»

Replies

• imkegoal
    imkegoal Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I log everything I prepare for lunch and (healthy) snacks at the start of the day when I'm at work. I'm less organised when I am at home. It just helps me plan out my day better.

It also helps me decide whether to give in to 'that cake that person brought in for their birthday' or not, as I know approx how many calories I am still allowed- I alsways presume my dinner will be about 500 calories- this is generally less, but any calories left over I can then have in the evening.
  • 226Muriel
    226Muriel Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: SIGHT IMPAIRED...

ACCOUNTABILITY.....ALWAYS LOG IN THE A.M., REPORT TO SPONSOR, ADJUST AT NIGHT + OR - AMOUNT...(VERY LITTLE ADJUSTMENT).....

PLANNING, LOGGING, REPORTING...MAKES ME TOTALLY ACCOUNTABLE AND HAS ADDED TO THE SUCCESS OF MY JOURNEY, WHICH I ADMIT HAS NOT BEEN EASY BUT HAS BEEN SUCCESSFUL FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 15 YEARS.

HOPES THIS HELPS:flowerforyou:
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I pre-plan each day, including any snacks or treats I think I might want. That way I'm in control of knowing how many calories that would mean I'd consume, and I can tweak my daily plan to stay under calories. (This doesn't always work, but it does help keep me on track during the day.) If my day changes or I feel like eating something else instead of what I have planned, I update my diary to reflect it as the day progresses. I find this works really well for me. I don't get caught around dinner time with only 100 calories going, "Dangit! I shouldn't have had that snack!"