Had my tummy tuck,the right choice for ME. <3

Options
Well, after about a year and a half long journey, i lost the weight and was "thin" for the first time in my life. Unfortunately being heavy for 25 years took its toll on my 5'2 frame and i was left with a generally fit body with a small stretchmarked gut in the center that was composed of mostly skin and would NOT go away with any amount of working out.

I consulted with a great plastic surgeon and had abdominoplasty on Jan. 24th. Im only 3 weeks out so the swelling is still bad and the scar is red and nasty at times (lol) but i cant tell you how amazing it feels to get rid of something so demotivating (try staring at the mini-belly dangling down mid push up and not get discouraged)

Its not for everyone, and i know that. but it was the right choice for ME, and for the first time i think thats whats important.

BEFORE in 2011 (around 190 pounds):
fat.jpg

BELLY AFTER: (around 125 pounds)
415746-310306.jpg
415746-310305.jpg
415746-310304.jpg

NOW (3 weeks post tummy tuck):
021512165132.jpg
021512165107.jpg
021512165014.jpg

Replies

• echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    wow!!! that's amazing!
  • jayb123x
    jayb123x Posts: 138
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss, the tuck looks great!
  • appleshells
    Options
    Amazing! You look great! Good for you!!
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    thats awesome! I'm usually not for surgery but that's great!
  • madisons_mummy
    madisons_mummy Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Wow nice! I'm super jealous. My body got wreaked by my babies :(

Congrats on the weight loss too, you're looking great!
  • PJFonz
    PJFonz Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Yep. I have to agree that was the right choice for you. You look incredible! :flowerforyou:
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    wow, great results! You look amazing!
  • Twinsmama75
    Twinsmama75 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Holy cow!!! That looks great! So many times I see tummy tucks that look "weird". I don't know how to explain it, pulled...stretched... just not natural. But yours looks 100% natural and so awesome!!! Can I ask how much it cost? (Don't answer if you prefer not to!)

Awesome on the weight loss too!
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Wow! I've been thinking about doing the same thing. Congrats on the great results!
  • DevonLigotti
    DevonLigotti Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Holy cow!!! That looks great! So many times I see tummy tucks that look "weird". I don't know how to explain it, pulled...stretched... just not natural. But yours looks 100% natural and so awesome!!! Can I ask how much it cost? (Don't answer if you prefer not to!)

Awesome on the weight loss too!

I'm an RN, so i got a bit of a discount, would've been 7800, did it for 6700. My PS is AWESOME. Thanks so much, i was terrified of having a "franken-tummy" lol but i trusted him completely and i knew if anyone could do it right,he could.

Dr. Anthony Youn: www.dryoun.com
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Wow that is amazing you look incredable!! If I can get down to around your weight I would definatly get a tummy tuck if I have dropping skin
  • adc45
    adc45 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You really look great! congrats on your new body!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,948 Member
    Options
    I think it's great when you make a personal choice and it turns out so WELL!

Nicely done!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!
  • BKarenLong
    BKarenLong Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your success! I appreciate it as I have over 100 lbs. to loose and am curious about all the extra skin I'll have. Your results are fantastic....I pray that you keep up all your good work by maintaining the weight loss. Love, Light, & Blessings to a wonderful new you.
  • tmoyer1209
    tmoyer1209 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! And the perfect reward for yourself for all the hard work you put in to get there!!
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Wow. Congrats on all your hard work, and so glad tummy tuck worked out best for you.

You look fantastic!!
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I have the same pre surgery belly as you and would LOVE to get rid of it and have a flat stomach for the first time in my life - but I just can't justify the expensise :(

I'm so happy for you that you were able to get it done and have had such great results with it :):)
  • Picky_nikki
    Picky_nikki Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    You look great! I agree, when you work that hard, and are for it, and can afford it, DO IT!

I had one several years ago, and haven't regretted it for a second, even after regaining weight a few years later!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!