Help! Does this count as water?

Options
I was drinking peach flavored water, until I decided I didn't want the aspertame in it. I decided to make my own.

0 calories koolaid (the kind with no sugar added)
Sparkling water
Stevia

Can I log this as water?

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Yes. See how you typed "Sparkling water"?

Suppose you drank the water, then swallowed the koolaid and stevia separately. Would the water still be water? Same thing.
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I would. There are days that I drink a lot of herbal tea, and I log and count that too.
  • marckilgore
    Options
    well I have a couple cups of coffee in the morning at work, so you just convinced me to log that as water - thanks for that. :-D
  • jerseynegrita06
    jerseynegrita06 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    How does your concoction taste? It sounds good lol.
  • DavyHolly
    DavyHolly Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    ElizabethRoad

I thought that too, but then I also thought "Soda is also flavored sparkling water, and it doesn't count" so I didn't know xD

Marckilgore -

I've heard that once it has caffeine, it doesn't count as water, but don't take my word on it!

Jerseynegrita - It IS good, actually! Thinking of trying Truvia, too. The problem is that the stevia doesn't easily dissolve into the sparkling water, but it is good. I'm going to do mixed berry next time.
  • erilynbmore
    erilynbmore Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am definitely going to try that. It sounds good!
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I don't even count flavored water as water. The only thing I count is pure water. No teas, no added flavor packets/liquids, etc.

But that's just me, I guess. I want my water to cleanse and hydrate and that's pretty much it.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I don't even count flavored water as water. The only thing I count is pure water. No teas, no added flavor packets/liquids, etc.

But that's just me, I guess. I want my water to cleanse and hydrate and that's pretty much it.

I'm the same. I only count regular water for my water intake. I used to hate water but made myself drink it. I love it now so it's all I drink besides my morning coffee and sometimes tea.
  • cjaharmon
    cjaharmon Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    According to my college professors if it has caffeine it counts against your water count. I can't remember specifically what he always said but basically caffeine will de-hydrate you. We even did an experiment to show this
  • imperfectbird
    Options
    I was drinking peach flavored water, until I decided I didn't want the aspertame in it. I decided to make my own.

Sparkling water
    Stevia

Can I log this as water?

I'm just curious...doesn't the koolaid have SOME kind of sweetener in it? I wouldn't imagine they would make a koolaid with no sweetener at all. I'm just wondering because it seems like adding stevia on top of that would be too sweet for me.
  • DavyHolly
    Options

Sparkling water
    Stevia

Can I log this as water?

I'm just curious...doesn't the koolaid have SOME kind of sweetener in it? I wouldn't imagine they would make a koolaid with no sweetener at all. I'm just wondering because it seems like adding stevia on top of that would be too sweet for me.

There's kool-aid with no sugar at all, so that you can add the sugar yourself =) Or in my case, Stevia.
  • christibam
    Options
    Honestly, I'd say there's way too many chemicals in that drink to consider it water by any standards.
  • DavyHolly
    Options
    I'm curious to know how stevia and kool-aid are considered chemicals? xD It's mostly natural flavoring, vitamin C, and Stevia is a natural sugar sub.
  • christibam
    Options
    I'm curious to know how stevia and kool-aid are considered chemicals? xD It's mostly natural flavoring, vitamin C, and Stevia is a natural sugar sub.

Ingredients in sugar free grape koolaid:

malic acid
    maltodextrin
    citric acid
    calcium phosphate
    aspartame
    salt
    acesulfame potassium
    and less than 2% of:
    artificial flavor
    ascorbic acid (vitamin c)
    red #40
    Blue #1
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    log it as water.
    i log soda, water, coffee, tea etc. the main ingredient is water. having caffeine in it doesnt change that
  • christibam
    Options
    I'm so confused. Why would you log SODA as water?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    If it hydrates you, you can count it. Even drinks that contain caffeine count.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/8glasses.asp
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    read the can/bottle.
    whats the first ingredient?
  • sunnyday789
    sunnyday789 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Because it contains water.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

Probably because the human body is able to extract the water from the soda and use it like any other water. Just like your body can extract water from fruit. For example, if you eat a big wedge of watermelon, it's going to have a hydrating effect on your body.

I don't personally drink soda, but if I did I am certain it would count toward my water for the day.