Help! Does this count as water?

Options

Replies

• jeccalou
    jeccalou Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :wink:
    Awesome. I'm logging my wine as water from now on.
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'm so confused. Why would you log SODA as water?
    read the can/bottle.
    whats the first ingredient?

And what are all the other ingredients?
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :wink:
    Awesome. I'm logging my wine as water from now on.

Vodka looks like water! **** yeah!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    read the can/bottle.

things added to water to make it taste better
  • WickedMouse
    WickedMouse Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    ffs
  • sunnyday789
    sunnyday789 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    read the can/bottle.

The question was could she count sparkling water as water. The answer is yes.
    The other ingredients (whether you consider them to be healthy or not) do not change the answer.
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    read the can/bottle.

unless it's "alum" you're probably good.
  • PirateGary
    Options
    Well by that logic, anything that has water in it counts (jello?) ... seems a little misleading. That said, I too have read the whole water issue has been inflated by the bottled water industry so I'd not agonize over it.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    log it as water.
    i log soda, water, coffee, tea etc. the main ingredient is water. having caffeine in it doesnt change that

You have to decide what works for you but I really think that Soda, should not count towards your water intake especialy if they are not decafinated as caffieine acts as a duretic. non cafinated coffee and tea. May pass if you do not add tons of artificial stuff to it. But I would suggest cutting the soda off that list entirely. While water is a main ingredient the additives are amazing....
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I don't even count flavored water as water. The only thing I count is pure water. No teas, no added flavor packets/liquids, etc.

But that's just me, I guess. I want my water to cleanse and hydrate and that's pretty much it.
    \

^^^ I do this
  • sunnyday789
    sunnyday789 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Well by that logic, anything that has water in it counts (jello?) ... seems a little misleading. That said, I too have read the whole water issue has been inflated by the bottled water industry so I'd not agonize over it.
    Actually it does. If you talk to dietitians about fluid restrictions for some patients, soup and jello count
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options

You have to decide what works for you but I really think that Soda, tea and coffee should not count towards your water intake especialy if they are not decafinated as caffieine acts as a duretic. non cafinated coffee and tea. May pass if you do not add tons of artificial stuff to it. But I would suggest cutting the soda off that list entirely. While water is a main ingredient the additives are amazing....
    nope. http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/8glasses.asp
    also, im completely happy with my soda intake :) thanks though.
  • 06gwensmamma
    Options
    I was drinking peach flavored water, until I decided I didn't want the aspertame in it. I decided to make my own.

0 calories koolaid (the kind with no sugar added)
    Sparkling water
    Stevia

Can I log this as water?

Are you talking about the packets of Kool Aid you mix with sugar yourself? It seems like people are confusing sugar free kool aid with a packet of kool aid flavoring.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    According to my college professors if it has caffeine it counts against your water count. I can't remember specifically what he always said but basically caffeine will de-hydrate you. We even did an experiment to show this

You have to consume quite a fair amount of caffeine for it to any any appreciable diuretic effect.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/caffeinated-drinks/AN01661
  • midnightwhispers
    Options
    Water makes me want to gag. I can't stand the taste - no matter if its from a bottle or tap. But I do drink A LOT of water.... I just make sure to add Crystal Light to it ;) Lots of different flavours and they're so good
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I don't even count flavored water as water. The only thing I count is pure water. No teas, no added flavor packets/liquids, etc.

But that's just me, I guess. I want my water to cleanse and hydrate and that's pretty much it.

Same here. To me, water is water; chemical/sugar/etc. water isn't. Things that have water in them do count toward fluid intake, but for me "water consumption" on MFP is for plain ol' water. (Just my 2 cents.)
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    log it as water.
    i log soda, water, coffee, tea etc. the main ingredient is water. having caffeine in it doesnt change that

I agree!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Why do you people make water so confusing

Adding flavor or color to water doesn't magically change it :/
    Soda, Coffee, Tea, anything that's made with water will hydrate you

If I drink a glass of water and take a caffeine pill is it water?
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    well I have a couple cups of coffee in the morning at work, so you just convinced me to log that as water - thanks for that. :-D

I assume you're joking? That will get you into trouble. For each cup of coffee you drink, you should drink about three cups of water to make up for the dehydration caused from one cup of coffee. The whole point of tracking your water intake is to make sure you're staying hydrated enough.