what book or books are you reading now and how?

Options

Replies

• finchest
    finchest Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I just started a YA book called "Uglies" that I got from Paperbackswap.com - in paperback of course.
    I'm participating in the 50/50 challenge (50 books and 50 movies in 2012): http://www.fiftyfifty.me
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    "Life of the Party" by Lisa Baron- Hard copy

I love holding actual books. I'm an online student so e-books get tiring for me.

The book is so funny.. If you like politics and a super witty/smart brunette version of Chelsea Handler. :)
  • t3hsandy
    t3hsandy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang by Chelsea Handler. Good-old fashioned paper form. Only way I choose to read a book. <3
  • emstaley4
    emstaley4 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am working my way through the Kay Scarpetta series by Patricia Cornwell. I'm on From Potter's Field now. I read the paper version....not interested in reading off of a screen.
  • t2811
    t2811 Posts: 56
    Options
    Just about to start 'How to be a Woman' by Caitlin Moran.... paperback... never intend to read books in electronic format...
  • ShaniaBoyce
    Options
    I'm just about to finish the first book in the left behind series. by hand
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading the Bible and Ben Hur on the new Kindle I got for Christmas. My daughter bought me a Kindle cover so it's like reading from a book now except no pages to actually turn. I love my new Kindle. :happy:
  • TeeferTiger
    TeeferTiger Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    The Pagan Christ by Tom Harpur (paperback)
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I'm just about to finish the first book in the left behind series. by hand

I absolutely loved the Left Behind series, have read through it 3 times and treated myself to purchasing the entire series!!
  • Danhra
    Danhra Posts: 77
    Options
    Last night I just finished A Clash of Kings by George R R Martin (Book 2 in A Song of Fire and Ice, sequel to Game of Thrones) and tonight or tomorrow night I will start book 3, A Storm of Swords (both in physical paperback, don't have an E-reader)

I am waiting for books 2 and 3 of Hunger Games to come out in paperback

Book 3 was my favorite of the series so far. You are in for a treat!

I just finished the Hunger Games series and am just starting a re-read of Game of Thrones on my Playbook. Such a good series!
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    World without End by Ken Follett. It's the 1008 page sequel to The Pillars of the Earth. Both are my favority books of all time.
  • curvygirl512
    Options
    Love, love love The Help! LMAO!
  • curvygirl512
    Options
    I JUST finished The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown, the last book in the Angels and Demons series. Hardcover. So good. I can't wait for the movie to come out later this year :)

I read this last year. A must read for anyone who likes mysteries!
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand

LOVED that book!
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I'm reading "What You Need to Know About Cervical Cancer." Yeah, not exactly a best-seller, but it's at the top of my list right now.

Eep!
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    just started "The Help" checked it out from the library.
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    never intend to read books in electronic format...

agreed! Hubby really wants to get me a kindle and I keep telling him "no, build me a book shelf instead" :)
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Tuesdays with Morrie is what I'm on right now but I'll be finished with it tomorrow.
  • JersryGirl31
    Options
    World without End by Ken Follett. It's the 1008 page sequel to The Pillars of the Earth. Both are my favority books of all time.

I absolutely loved Pillars of the Earth. I'll have to read World Without End. Thanks.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    On Folly Beach by Karen White (paperback)

I had read it before, but this month my book club picked it so I found it in the bookcase and dusted it off to read again. Great book worth reading twice!