what book or books are you reading now and how?

Options

Replies

• janeinspain
    janeinspain Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    "Sojourn," the third book of the Dark Elf Trilogy by RA Salvatore, in paperback. Because I'm a dork.

I love Salvatore's Dark Elf books. I have the whole collection and with book 12 waiting for me after finishing a Hamilton SF trilogy. Now don't get me started on Pratchett... I suppose I'm really into the sf/fantasy genres :)
  • mspottedelk89
    Options
    Im reading "To kill a mockingbird" and about to start The Hunger games
  • radscorpion
    Options
    I'm reading the final book in "The First Law" trilogy - "The Last Argument of Kings" by Joe Abercrombie. Awesome books :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Eat, Pray, Love. Finishing up the India "book".
  • trdy77
    trdy77 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Just started the second book of the hunger games on my kindle..I'm addicted
  • J_Daawwg
    J_Daawwg Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Have just finished the Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde - so now have had to go back to Jane Eyre (seeing in a different light). Am reading the book - love the feel of paper :)
  • oamber0
    Options
    I too am reading, "The girl who played with Fire" in 20th century style paperback
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I read that title and was a bit confused until I figured out that you meant "what format?".

I refuse to read books on electronic devices, so it's real books all the way for me. Right now, I'm reading:

In The Woods by Tana French
    Spooner by Pete Dexter
    The Fortress Of Solitude by Jonathan Lethem
    Dog Blood by David Moody

I also just got my shiny, new BBC versions of the first two Sherlock Holmes books in the mail.
  • kkjay
    kkjay Posts: 62
    Options
    The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, although I think The Girl Who Played With Fire is going to be my favorite of the series. On good 'ol paperback.
  • ElizBald
    Options
    Witch World by Andre Norton paperback

The Gods of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs Kindle

The Sharing Knife by Lois McMaster Bujold iPhone Audible

Seeing the ads for the movie John Carter started me on a scifi/fantasy kick. Especially the old ones that inspired the movie.
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Rereading 2 books- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams (the series, actually, on my Nook) and Inkheart by Cornelia Funke (paperback).
  • ironhouse
    ironhouse Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm reading March by Geraldine Brooks.. not really by choice, it's for English

Is Hunger Games like the new Twilight or something? I can't keep up with this newer stuff..
  • msqdpie
    msqdpie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Dean Koonz, The Bad Place, on a Kindle Fire and a Treadmill, Strange book, I've read it before.
  • staroftheeast
    staroftheeast Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Just finishing A New Song by Jan Karon in hardback

In the middle of Cat in a Ultramarine Scheme by carole Nelson Douglas, also in hardback.

I have a stack waiting for me on my night stand but forget all the titles
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options

Is Hunger Games like the new Twilight or something? I can't keep up with this newer stuff..

March is actually pretty good. Hunger Games was a popular young adult/ teen trilogy a few years back, once they start making the movies it gets bumped up again. :smile:

Reading the Foster Wallace bio. Trying to. :wink:

*edit, forgot the "how" again - cloth binding. case binding. Hardcover! that's it.
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I am reading the Temptations of Saint Anthony on old-fashioned print.
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options

March is actually pretty good. Hunger Games was a popular young adult/ teen trilogy a few years back, once they start making the movies it gets bumped up again. :smile:

Reading the Foster Wallace bio. Trying to. :wink:

LOVE David Foster Wallace. That guy is freakin ridiculous.
  • Canadien
    Canadien Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm reading George Orwell's book "1984". It's amazing. :) I'm not reading on a kindle or anything - I like to read the old-fashioned way, lol.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Just finished Shelters of Stone by Jean Auel (sp). Made me want to go to my book shelf, pull out Clan of the Cave Bear and start all over. Wish she would decide to continue to write the adventures of Ayla.
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Little Brother and The Hobbit xDD Actual books lol. Just finished The Outsiders.