what book or books are you reading now and how?

Options

Replies

• the_energy
    Options
    highly recommending How to be a Woman by Caitlin Moran (for men and women) proper funny :)x
  • gebnpb
    gebnpb Posts: 166
    Options
    Im reading The girl with the Dragon Tattoo & Never have I ever. :bigsmile:
  • Katie1951
    Katie1951 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Just started the Hunger Games on my Kindle/Android.
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm reading: Thrive - The Vegan Nutrition Guide to Optimal Performance in Sports and Life in paperback.

Do audio books count? When I run I listen to The Bite Club - Book 10 in the Morganville Vampire series. Love audio books when I run!
  • dezi718
    dezi718 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I just finished rereading The Hunger Games trilogy (LOVE them) on my Nook...haven't decided what's next!
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    Currently reading East of Eden by John Steinbeck, Ready Player One by Ernest Cline and the 17 Day Diet by Dr. Mike Moreno. I usually have a stack of books on my nightstand that I rotate depending on my mood.
  • Meganne1982
    Options
    I'm a juggling reader. Currently reading Twelve Sharp by Janet Evanovich, Clash of Kings by George RR Martin, and rereading Electric Kool Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe... all in good ol' fashioned REAL books. I'd sooner learn to make paper myself than switch to an ereader... maybe that's partially because I work in a bookstore...

.... OH and I just finshed Wheat Belly, and HIGHLY recommend it :)
  • garnet1483
    garnet1483 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed the Hunger Games trilogy, but I also had some issues with it... I'm currently reading the latest Dresden Files book, in hard cover. Ghost Story. I'm not finding it as accessible as the rest of them, but I think that's because I'm not entirely thrilled with the premise.

I also got very excited for a moment, because when I saw Lamb, I thought you guys were talking about the book Lamb, by Christopher Moore, which was a very excellent book, indeed.
  • wigal23
    wigal23 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Most recently finished the Hunger Games Trilogy on my Nook - LOVED them. Just started Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. Want to try to the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo again - tried once and just didn't like the style of writing at all!
  • beaglenutty
    beaglenutty Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Into the free by Julie Cantrell is was a freebie and reading it on my nook:)
  • symegeer
    symegeer Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm rereading the Knife of Never Letting Go, all three books are absolutely phenomenal. Also Look at the Birdie, short fiction by Kurt Vonnegut.
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Reading The Chosen on my kindle and have The Pledge (hardback) waiting on the bedside table.
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Physical book: The Master & Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov - absolutely loving it!

On Kindle: various 16th century Venetian cookbooks. Venetian dialect I can understand (I'm half Venetian) but 'old' Venetian dialect I struggle with a bit, so the books are a bit challenging! :laugh:

Also on Kindle: some of Mark Twain's letters....I love Twain, he's always been one of my favourite authors, and I've recently discovered a wealth of his work (and Edgar Allen Poe - another favourite) on Project Gutenberg, which are downloadable for Kindle. How cool is that?! :bigsmile:

Also, the Manee books (PDF), which are Thai kids' books, designed to help them read and write. I'm moving to Thailand in a couple of weeks, so thought I ought to learn how to be literate....at least then if nothing else, it will enable me to read signs which warn of wild elephants (for example)! I'm hoping it will help with my spoken Thai too.

http://www.learningthai.com/books/manee/
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    The Redeemer by Jo Nesbo. Yes, I'm a Scandinavian crime novel junkie!
  • anta1
    anta1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Reading Tina Fey's Bossypants on my Libre e-reader

I have a major girl-crush on Tina Fey. Love her!
  • luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    have about 20 pages left of Mockingjay (LOVED the series)
    and I think I am going to start The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series soon

I am also reading...
    The Shack by William P. Young
    The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
    and
    The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection From The Living Dead by Max Brooks

edited to say that I'm reading the actual books, no e-readers here
  • dmf711
    dmf711 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I am reading the 3rd book in the Hunger Games, Mockingjay on my Kindle.

Are you loving it?! I've had dreams about THG series. I even find myself thinking about the characters and the plot line constantly. It was THAT good of a series. Probably up there with the best books I've ever read.
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Re reading The Hobbit - the book itself I LOVE BOOKS no kindles and knick knacks for me ;}
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'm almost finished reading The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson... then I'm going to watch all 3 Swedish dvds back to back :bigsmile:

I've a pile of books waiting to be read and methinks the new Janet Evanovich is probably next on my list as I need some light relief after Steig Larsson and I've the new Stuart MacBride waiting too... that's gonna be another gruesome read :laugh:
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I also got very excited for a moment, because when I saw Lamb, I thought you guys were talking about the book Lamb, by Christopher Moore, which was a very excellent book, indeed.

I think most books by Christopher Moore are very excellent. The first book I ever read of his was A Dirty Job. My daughter and I read it aloud together. There were parts where we were laughing so hard we were crying. We got to meet him at comic con and he is just as hilarious in person. Very cool and down to earth too.