what book or books are you reading now and how?

Options

Replies

• mleipe
    mleipe Posts: 54
    Options
    The Poet by Michael Connelly. Catching up on all his older stuff.

Connelly is brilliant, I've read everything he's written. If you like him you'll also like Robert Crais' Elvis Cole series and Ian Rankin's John Rebus books. Lawrence Block's Matthew Scudder series is also excellent, but can be a bit gruesome. And Karin Slaughter's Grant County series.
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    I'm reading "The Proper Care and Maintenance of Friendship" by Lisa Verge Higgins. I checked out the book from the library.
  • laurasnyder411
    laurasnyder411 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I read water for elephants in one day last week- paperback
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    I just finished reading 11/22/63 by Stephen King and have just started the first book in the Harper Connelly Series by Charlaine Harris. I'm going to start reading Stardust by Neil Gaiman for an online book club this weekend - all being read on my Nook Color
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    I've been re-reading Christine, by Stephen King, on my Xoom android tablet.

This is one of my most favorite books ever!!!! I need to get it on my nook and re-read it for the millionth time :smile:
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Born to run by Christopher Mcdougll. Kindle
    Endurance ( true story) Alfred Lansing. Paper back. Reading this out loud to my 9 and 10 year old boys.
    The first is about a hardly heard of tribe of Indians from Mexico who are super atheletes. Running hundreds of miles with out rest.
    The second is about a ship that went down in the Antarctic, leaving the men to survive on the ice packs for 17 monthes. Then 8 of them went 850 miles in a 22 foot open life boat to find help.
  • JamieDD
    JamieDD Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    The Prince of Tides....Paperback.

Don't own a Kindle or any other "book device". I like to hold a real book. :wink:
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    Currently reading Darkly Dreaming Dexter on my Kindle. Almost finished and I have no idea what to read next.

There are several more books in that series if you liked the first book.
    I have them all I just don't like to read books in a series back to back.

You're a silly goose (hahaha) I love when I can read all the books in a series back to back .... and I hate when I start a series and am un-aware that it's missing books until I've already started it .... I'm not patient and hate to wait lol
  • olong
    olong Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I am reading the 3rd book in the Hunger Games, Mockingjay on my Kindle.

LOVE these books!

Right now I am making my way through the Sookie Stackhouse series (True Blood) and am on book 5 "Dead As a Doornail". Addicted!

I use my iPad.

If you like Charlaine's Sookie series, you might want to give Alexander Ivy's Guardians of Eternity series and JacquelynFrank's THe Nightwalkers series a try. They're both more "R" than Sookie Stackhouse.
  • kristinajaffe
    kristinajaffe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I AM READING THE THIRD BOOK IN THE SHIVER SERIES.. BY MAGGIE STIEFVATER.. IT'S CALLED FOREVER..

FOR THOSE WHO LOVED THE HUNGER GAMES.. YOU SHOULD ALSO TRY THE MAZE RUNNER SERIES..
  • Gyoza11
    Gyoza11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Reading The Ode Less Traveled by Stephen Fry on Kindle.
  • olong
    Options
    On Nook:
    The Whale by Philip Hoare
    Everything is Illuminated by Johnathan Safran Foer
    Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire) by George R.R. Martin

On Paper:
    Four Fish by Paul Greenberg

On Audio:
    Girl Who Played With Fire by Steig Larsson
    (I listen to audio books while I work.)

I'm reading Night Circus now!!! Loving it!!
    Just finished:
    The Night Circus by Erin Morganstern
  • happyjoyousfree1
    happyjoyousfree1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    On Nook:
    The Whale by Philip Hoare
    Everything is Illuminated by Johnathan Safran Foer
    Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire) by George R.R. Martin

On Paper:
    Four Fish by Paul Greenberg

On Audio:
    Girl Who Played With Fire by Steig Larsson
    (I listen to audio books while I work.)

Just finished:
    The Night Circus by Erin Morganstern

Loved The NIght Circus!!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    The Poet by Michael Connelly. Catching up on all his older stuff.

Connelly is brilliant, I've read everything he's written. If you like him you'll also like Robert Crais' Elvis Cole series and Ian Rankin's John Rebus books. Lawrence Block's Matthew Scudder series is also excellent, but can be a bit gruesome. And Karin Slaughter's Grant County series.

Thanks! I'll have to check these out.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    The Book of Universes, John Barrow

Fascinating stuff. Just recently started
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Series junkie here! Love JR Ward, Diana Gabaldon, George RR Martin, Karen Marie Moning, Nalini Singh...

Currently reading "The Dream Thief" by Shana Abe, on my Nook.

Checking in with "You Are Your Own Gym" by Mark Lauren daily, on my Nook.

I LOVE my Nook Color, and I was one of those people who thought I'd hate to be without a real book in my hand. I still hit up the library regularly though. I rarely buy books, even on the Nook my books are rented. I'm frugal! :)
  • olong
    Options
    The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - hardcover
    The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls - paperback
    Room - audiobook (great to iron to)
    just finished: Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
    just finished: Hotel on the Corner of Bitter & Sweet by Jamie Ford
    up next: Before I Go to Sleep by S. J. Watson
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck on Sue Grafton's alphabet series. Right now I'm on "T is for Trespass," and I'm reading it (and future books) on my Kindle Fire I got for Christmas. LOVE it!
  • Azriel829
    Azriel829 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm reading "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" by Ransom Riggs. I'm almost finished...can't put it down!
  • calell83
    calell83 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Darkly Dreaming Dexter on my Kindle. Almost finished and I have no idea what to read next.

There are several more books in that series if you liked the first book.
    I have them all I just don't like to read books in a series back to back.

You're a silly goose (hahaha) I love when I can read all the books in a series back to back .... and I hate when I start a series and am un-aware that it's missing books until I've already started it .... I'm not patient and hate to wait lol

I like reading the series all at once as well. When I started reading the Dresden Files, I believe 11 books had been published up to that point. I read each book, right after the other, probably over the coruse of 3 months, and then the 12th book came out right after. I then had to wait about a year for the couple books after that and I hate it lol.