what book or books are you reading now and how?

Options

Replies

• dida0721
    dida0721 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb...depressing and long. I'm almost done, thank goodness.
  • KemaVA
    KemaVA Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I seem to be in good company... Just started reading The Hunger Games with my sons. Movie comes out March 23rd... Gives them something to look forward to.
  • mauretta1980
    mauretta1980 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am Reading Nice Girl Syndrome :)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with Bel Canto. Someone promised me it gets better. ugh.

But what I really, really wanna read is Catching Fire. I bought it (I never buy books). It's waiting for me. Bel Canto doesn't stand a chance.

How? It's a book. It's called reading. Top to bottom, left to right. Group words together as a sentence.
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I am reading V is for Vengeance by Sue Grafton in Hardback and I am also reading a book called Bombshells by T Elliott Brown on my Kindle Fire.
  • dida0721
    dida0721 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Someone asked for recommendations for books. My favorite lately have been 1000 White Women, Room, The Frankenstein series by Dean Koontz and any thing written by Philippa Gregory.
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I have three going at the moment.
    The Royal Dragoneers by M.R. Mathias that I read on my phone with the Kindle app. I read and sample a lot of indie writers with the kindle app.
    Monster Hunter International by Larry Corriea, paperback.
    A Princess of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs, free audio book on my phone for my ride home.
  • mdbaird76
    Options
    I just finished the Hunger Games series, now waiting for the movie. I just started reading Blacklands on my Nook Color.
  • HRBush
    HRBush Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    LOVED The Hunger Games trilogy (can't wait for the movie to come out!) I also LOVE the Sookie Stackhouse books! I have all of them and I went to a book signing last May and Charlaine Harris signed the latest copy. :)

I am reading The Hobbit right now to get ready for the movie in December.
  • jennifer148q
    Options
    Love JR Ward!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Play Dead by Harlan Coben. Paperback

My wife and daughter just got a Kindle and something else. Been teelling me how wonderful they are. Told them I will NEVER own one. I like reading a BOOK. They can take my paperbacks away when they pry them from my cold dead fingers.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Dead until Dark ~ Charlaine Harris
    I love the feel, smell of books, I'll never switch. :smile:
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Hunger Games, Mockingjay
  • crazycat80
    crazycat80 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I just want to say Thanks! to the OP. I am loving the books I have located digging through this thread. Definitely adding a lot of them to my list.

My current books are:
    Dragon Avenger by E.E. Knight
    The Hedgewitch Queen by Lilith Saintcrow
    The Lazy Project Manager by Peter Taylor
    Collapse by Jared Diamond
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    got my kindle for Xmas, and just love it....but it will never replace paper books! We have literally thousands. I like the idea of getting all the Holmes stories into the kindle, though....easy to carry, and easy to dip into anytime.

I got the entire series for Kindle for a couple bucks on Amazon, it's awesome! It's like 39,000 kindle pages!
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I am reading the 3rd book in the Hunger Games, Mockingjay on my Kindle.

I'm on the third book as well! I'm having a hard time getting into this one, hopefully it picks up soon. The first 2 were amazing! :)
    I would have never thought I would love my Kindle... I'm one of those people that loves to display my books and I love the smell, etc... However, I'm a huge fan now! I still buy the hard copies at 1/2 price books if I find them though, LOL! ;)

i am also having a hard time with the 3rd book, but i'll power through it.
  • TheMerryPup
    TheMerryPup Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Currently 'reading' Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson unabridged audio on my iPhone and I'm also re-reading Stephen King's Carrie in paperback. And Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll on my Kindle.
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the Game of Thrones series by George R. Martin....sooooooo goood...the incest in it is kinda disturbing though....
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the Game of Thrones series by George R. Martin....sooooooo goood...the incest in it is kinda disturbing though....

One of my favorite series.
  • mstemen
    mstemen Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I JUST finished The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown, the last book in the Angels and Demons series. Hardcover. So good. I can't wait for the movie to come out later this year :)