what book or books are you reading now and how?

Options

Replies

• skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Pineapple Grenade by Tim Dorsey. I've got the Kindle version and a signed hardcover.
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Just finished Carrots by Colleen Helme on my Kindle
  • souperficial
    souperficial Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Rant, by Chuck Palahniuk. Paperback.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    About to read "Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter" Seth Grahame-Smith

This book was fantastic. I picked it up from the library, just because it happened to be in. I wasn't expecting much from it, but I LOVED it.
  • frogman4591
    Options
    I am reading the fitness book "Younger Next Year"
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    girl with the dragon tattoo, paperback
  • frazzle29
    frazzle29 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am reading ECGs made easy.
    Not fun reading but very interesting.
  • LPinTheD
    LPinTheD Posts: 129
    Options
    I always have 3-5 books going at the same time. Right now I'm reading:

1. The Greatest Show on Earth: The Evidence for Evolution by Richard Dawkins
    2. Zen Wrapped in Karma Dipped in Chocolate by Brad Warner
    3. Fool by Christopher Moore (a modernized version of Shakespeare's King Lear as told by his Fool - funny, funny, funny)
    4. The Magic of Reality: How We Know What's Really True by Richard Dawkins, Dave McKean

Last week I finished:

1. Sit Down and Shut Up: Punk Rock Commentaries on Buddha, God, Truth, Sex, Death, and Dogen's Treasury of the Right Dharma Eye by Brad Warner, and
    2. Demystifying Psychiatry by Charles F. Zorumski, Eugene Rubin

If I'm not watching the St. Louis Blues hockey game or doing zazen then I'm reading something (or helping my daughter with her homework. haha).

Wow, what an interesting reading list! Love it!

Right now I'm reading "Master Your Metabolism" by Jillian Michaels (excellent book), and I just finished the second "Hunger Games" book (thought the first was much better.. so I'm wondering about the third)
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Options
    im reading

THE HARBOR by Carla Neggers in paperback,
    PRIVATE by James Patterson on audiobook while im driving and
    PLAYING WITH BONES by Kate Ellis on my Kindle

total book addict! :drinker: :heart:

Private is great!!! :) xx
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    I Heart Paris by Lindsey Kelk, paperback
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Microbe hunters via good ol library book. Although I haven't had time to open it in a week. :( I want to slam out the hunger games by the time the movie comes out, but that would require something called time. If you are looking for book ideas people tend to keep a pretty good books pin board on Pinterest.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I just finished the Barefoot Running Step by Step (Ken Bob's book) and a book on Gardening with Guineas (African Poultry) - now I'm reading another gardening book to help survive Ohio's wet, chilly February - "The Backyard Homestead" on my kindle. I read on my kindle and read used books from Amazon, which ever is cheaper!

I have at least half a dozen books partially read on swimming and biking as I try to train for a triathlon.

I LOVE fiction too and have been reading John Green's books - they're awesome quick reads that leave you with plenty to think about! "The Fault in Our Stars" just came out and I ended up reading that one out loud to my husband. He doesn't generally like fiction but he then asked me to read him a few more of John Green's books. Yes he can read - but we spend our evenings by the fire and reading aloud is a silly pass time for us!
  • ParisPenguin
    ParisPenguin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    "The Nasty Bits" ~ Anthony Bourdain

next: re-read of "Watership Down" and then "The Hunger Games." Which better be as good as everyone's made it out to be!
  • katherinemm31
    Options
    Gibbon's Decline and Fall, Sheri S. Tepper, paperback.

You could be reading MY book, however! Approaching Felonias Park, a novel, available in paperback and on Kindle. :smile:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1608300684/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=aberbay-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399373&creativeASIN=1608300684
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Oops!
  • allysonb80
    allysonb80 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I just Finished A Stolen Life, Auschwitz, The Lost Symbol, and The Hunger Games Series.

Next on my list are Skrink Yourself, Eating By the Light of the Moon, Reshaping it All, Island of Lost Girls, and Mile 81. Also want to buy 77 Shadow Street because Dean Koontz is my FAVORITE author.

I have a Nook that I use to read. Just the old, plain, non-touch, black and white one.
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Options
    everyone is ready the hunger games! Ive never even heard of it :(

Im currently reading the girl that played with fire. xxx

Edited to add - In good old fashioned paperback x
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    The Strain on my Nook

Ooooo I love that series. The Del Toro one right? The last one is fantastic!!!
  • blackmamba886
    blackmamba886 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I just finished "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest" last week, and just finished "My Soul to Take" by Tananarive Due this past weekend.

"My Soul to Take" is the forth book in her series, and I HIGHLY recommend them! The first book is "My Soul to Keep," and it's an African American literarute about immortals (not your typical vampire book!) and it is fantastic!

Here's the synopsis of "My Soul to Keep" -- SO GOOD!! (I've re-read it 3 times)

JESSICA IS A Miami investigative reporter with a beautiful daughter, Kira, and a husband, David, so loving, brilliant, and attentive that she calls him Mr. Perfect. Suddenly, her life takes a terrifying turn. Her best friend is brutally and mysteriously murdered and Jessica discovers an ancient, unimaginable danger that will shatter her life and family -- forever.

DAWIT is an immortal. More than four hundred years ago he and a sect of Ethiopian scholars traded their souls for eternal life. Obeying a vow of secrecy, Dawit has traveled the world as a soldier, a slave, a jazz musician -- never staying anywhere long enough for others to notice that he does not age. As further insurance, with barely a thought he kills any mortal who dares to become too curious about him. For the first time, though, it is Dawit who threatens to break his vow and defy his brothers by keeping his beloved mortal wife and child with him -- forever.

In My Soul to Keep, the worlds of Jessica and Dawit collide with harrowing, unforgettable consequences as Jessica learns firsthand the terrible price for eternal life. The newest novel by Tananarive Due, acclaimed author of The Between, it is a shocking, brilliantly plotted work of suspense and the supernatural that astonishes until the final, remarkable page.

WEIRD! I was so confused reading this... there is also a series by Rachel Vincent (YA books) that have some of the same names (the Soul Screamers series)... My Soul to Take, My Soul to Save, My Soul to Keep, My Soul to Steal, If I Die, and coming soon Before I Wake.

Anyway... I just started Hunger Games (#1) on my Kindle and am also reading The Runner's Book of Daily Inspiration on my Kindle and Pride and Prejudice on my phone (struggling through that one, eeesh.)
  • cawood2
    cawood2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    In paperback-
    - Heartless - Gail Carriger
    - Mistborn- Brandon Sanderson
    - Dark Moon Defender- Sharon Shinn

On Kobo (bf bought it for me last Christmas, I'm a book lover-smell, feel, etc- but am liking it a lot for portability. Still buy my standbys in hardcopy)
    - Dresden Files- Fool Moon- Jim Butcher
    - The soul Mirror- Carol Berg
    - Wheel of Time- Crossroads of Twilight- Robert Jordan
    - Demon Inside- Stacia Kane

On Droid/Motorola XT860 via Kobo
    - Phoenix Rising- Pip Ballantine, Tee Morris (free steampunk book, meh)
    - Easy Money- Gail Vaz-Oxlade

On Deck, in some form
    - Dance of Dragons - George RR Martin- been delaying my fix, but can't put it off much longer...
    - Dragon Prince - Melanie Rawn - on my shelf, but a lot reading it here, so have to move it up the list
    - Pale Demon - Kim Harrison
    - Spellbound - Kelley Armstrong
    - and whatever might take my fancy in the meantime... have a couple stacks people have lent me, have to get through those.