what book or books are you reading now and how?

Options

Replies

• WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Play Dead by Harlan Coben. Paperback

My wife and daughter just got a Kindle and something else. Been teelling me how wonderful they are. Told them I will NEVER own one. I like reading a BOOK. They can take my paperbacks away when they pry them from my cold dead fingers.

A! MEN! I love used book stores, the smell of old musty two inch thick monstrous books, finding inscriptions on the inside cover, or underlined sentences and you wonder if they did that because it was meaningful to them, or were they reading it as a school assignment. Or the first "crack" of the binding when you open a new one. I never keep the dust jackets, the covers are always so much better, not gaudy, flashy colors or over-corrected pictures of the authors fake smiling.

Paper all the way. And now I need to find something to read that isn't about children. It's been entirely too long.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Right now I'm reading "What Men Want", all about helpful tips for women that we need to know everything about men & relationships.
  • jazziesaj11
    jazziesaj11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Equiano- History Paper, I liked last quarters much better: Homers The Odyssey :flowerforyou:

Oh and for myself, the original Sherlock Holmes and Shakespeares' Macbeth, why? Never had the chance before and I want to read important books in history, Sherlock Holmes so far is pretty darn good. :D
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    "Home Front" by Kristin Hannah on my nook and "Wildwood" by Colin Meloy in hardback
  • estrellita26
    estrellita26 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Outlander Serie by Diana Gabaldon
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I just finished reading DaVinci Code - Truth or Fiction. It was very interesting book and the things that are true about Christianity are rather amazing and I don't think people truly understand anything about their beliefs after reading that book.

Next up, I can't recall the title but it's sitting on my desk at home... something like, "Misquoting Jesus".

Just my own personal search for religious truth. :)
  • gillybumbler
    Options
    A Game of Thrones-Kindle
    Parent Power!-Hardback
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I just finished re-reading Jane Eyre and im starting Hunger Games.... Kindle 3G/Ipad/Iphone....use my phone when Im at work! heheeh
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    Options
    I just started the hunger games and I gotta say its pretty good so far.
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Caught Stealing by Charlie Huston, in paperback form.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Rant, by Chuck Palahniuk. Paperback.

• SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options

My wife and daughter just got a Kindle and something else. Been teelling me how wonderful they are. Told them I will NEVER own one. I like reading a BOOK. They can take my paperbacks away when they pry them from my cold dead fingers.

My husband got me a Nook Tablet for xmas. I really wanted it for watching Netflix/Hulu on the treadmill (phone screen is entirely too small). Since I read a ton, I thought maybe I'd like it for books too. Not so much. I have books on it and I use it to read sometimes, but I still would much rather read an actual book.
  • BodyRockerVT
    BodyRockerVT Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I am starting to think I was a hipster with the whole Hunger Games thing!! I read all 3 last spring...had them done in 5 days. I may or may not have ignored my children entirely for those 5 days...
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I am reading Mockingjay, the 3rd book in the Hunger Games. I am using a kindle app on my smartphone.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Not even sure if mine 'count' but Business Finance (woooo--->sucks) and just got book 108 ways to transform a T-shirt. Awesome book. I'm deep...I know.
  • Gkeller243
    Gkeller243 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    absolutely amazing series!!! I just finished the 3rd one the other night!! :bigsmile:
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I am reading the 3rd book in the Hunger Games, Mockingjay on my Kindle.

I am on Book 2 of Hunger Games (Catching Fire) on my Kindle Fire...these books are AWESOME!
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I'm currently close to finishing 'Infinite Jest' by David Foster Wallace. It's an absolute whopper of a book (over 1000 pages long), but I'd recommend it to everyone. It's become my favourite book of all time. I'm also reading 'The Long Goodbye' by Raymond Chandler for my book club, which I'm enjoying and a book on English language for a course I'm starting in September, which I'm not enjoying quite as much.

Oh and no Kindle. Good old fashioned paperback every time for me!
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I am reading the 3rd book in the Hunger Games, Mockingjay on my Kindle.

Me too!!!

Only I'm reading it on my NOOK, lol.
  • GatorGirl73
    Options
    I'm currently reading Sable Grace's Bedeviled........if you like Urban Fantasy/Paranormal Romance. Check her books out......