anyone else think this is weird.....

Options
ChantalD75
ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
anyone else think this is weird.... my ex lives in the city so on his night with the boys during the week he has been taking them to his mom's place that lives 10 min away from me. But he isn't talking to his parents right now. SO tonight he wants to come over to my place to visit the boys... fine... ok... Now he calls me and asks if I have pots and pans and stuff like that so he can cook the supper for the boys... My partner thinks this whole thing is weird... he doesn't know yet the ex wants to cook the supper for the kids... what would you do??? Help!

Replies

• felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    i say give him credit for trying to still see his kids! If my ex has something come up 99% of the time he will not come up with a plan B.
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    so, what are you suppose to do while he is in your house, using your kitchen? Is he asking you to leave while he visits?? It's weird to me.......
  • ChantalD75
    Options
    so, what are you suppose to do while he is in your house, using your kitchen? Is he asking you to leave while he visits?? It's weird to me.......

yes he told me I can leave and go shopping... NOOOOOOOOOOOT He asked me today if I had plans I said nope... So I am thinking that I will go and use the treadmil while he is cooking... and then go into the TV room while he visits.... my youngest has a hockey practice so they would be out of teh house by 6... so should be only for an hour or hour and half....
  • Carrot1971
    Carrot1971 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Yea, thats just weird. I would tell him to take the kids somewhere...do you guys have like a Chuck E Cheese around you or someplace he can take the kids to have fun? I would not be comfortable with my ex in my house cooking for my kids....weird!
  • deejay7806
    deejay7806 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    ummm...awkward i grant ya that.....but hat off to the guy.....4 makin the effort...a lot wudnt...n think of the kids...... hope all works out ....
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I don't think it 's weird. I would do what you plannned and walk on your threadmil.
    He sounds like a good father.

However he needs to understsnd he can not make it a habit. Hopefully he and his parents will work things out .
  • VTXJOCKEY
    VTXJOCKEY Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Yea, thats just weird. I would tell him to take the kids somewhere...do you guys have like a Chuck E Cheese around you or someplace he can take the kids to have fun? I would not be comfortable with my ex in my house cooking for my kids....weird!

This. He's your ex for a reason!
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    seems kinda weird . . . the real issue is that he needs to make up with his parents.
  • felice03
    Options
    ok, time for my soapbox moment. I think it is petty for it to be "awkward" and "weird". It's both of your jobs, as parents, to work together to raise those kids, regardless of the history between you. Do you have to sit down with him, be in the same room? No, but give the dude credit for still being there. I know plenty of women who would gladly open their house up if it meant the father would be part of the childrens life.

-end rant
  • ChantalD75
    Options
    I don't mind him coming over... I have no issues with that. he has done this in the past... just find it weird him cooking for the kids in my kitchen...

I have suggested he pick up a bucket of chicken for him and the boys... he seemed ok with that.
  • jay586
    jay586 Posts: 133
    Options
    aybe he wants to see you too just a thought
  • felice03
    Options
    i still dont get the issue, why is him cooking in your kitchen weird?
  • Calibayby
    Calibayby Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is weird...I would tell my EX that I have established boundries and he needs to honor them. He doesn't need to be in your business...just sayin.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    That's a bit awkward. Your home is your person and private space. Tell him to take the kids for pizza and a movie and drop them back off when they're done.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Red flag...he is trying to creep back into your life.
  • VTXJOCKEY
    VTXJOCKEY Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    That's a bit awkward. Your home is your person and private space. Tell him to take the kids for pizza and a movie and drop them back off when they're done.

This!
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    seems to me he is doing the decent thing, wants to see his children and make sure they eat home cooked food, surely nobody can fault him for that, I think good on him for being a decent parent and caring. My ex has nothing to do with his children. His choice, not mine.

I say bloody good on him. and not weird, good.
  • emily2tx
    Options
    It would be a no go for me....he is outta my life for a reason. Was he going to leave the dishes and use your food too? Boundaries Darlin!!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    i say give him credit for trying to still see his kids! If my ex has something come up 99% of the time he will not come up with a plan B.

This. My "father" made little to no effort to see us when him and my mom separated. It may be awkward for you, but at least he's trying to see his kids, and you two seem to be on decent enough terms.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: