anyone else think this is weird.....

Options

Replies

• 57rainbows
    57rainbows Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Toooootallly depends on the guy. There is a huge range of reasons for divorces (or break ups; not clear if you were married or not), mental state of guys, what the relationship is like between the two afterwards, etc etc.

I wouldn't want my dad to be alone with anyone's children and in charge of them. I consider him to be unstable and psychologically abnormal. Sucks but that's what I think. So obviously with the sort of person that you think is mentally unsound you probably wouldn't want to leave him with your kiddos in your house! There are plenty of other guys that are super nice and stable and reasonable and kind and don't have anger problems or irrational thoughts, and it would make a lot more sense to do that. Plus with a lot of guys there is no reason to think they have ulterior motives or could cause a problem of some sort. Get my drift? It's SUCH a personal, individual matter, I don't think any generalizations can be drawn with the information given.

Do just make sure that you're comfortable with the situation, that your partner (if you're serious in that relationship) is comfortable, and that the kids are comfortable. Best wishes!
  • Karmynzahringer
    Karmynzahringer Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Just a thought, but everyone keeps saying it would be awkward or weird, and how this guy is out of her life for a reason. What I don't understand is how those of you saying it can think its so creepy for him to cook in her kitchen, (he is out of her life for a reason yada yada) but perfectly okay to take her children and spend time with her alone. I certainly wouldn't let anyone spend time with my children outside of my presence if I did not like them enough to borrow my kitchen. When two people have children it is their job for a lifetime. They will never be out of your life, you have to learn to compromise and get a long. You may not like it, but it's whats best for the children involved and it's the mature thing to do!
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    Me: I have to read you this thread.
    Husband: Let me go get my popcorn.

(and he really did)
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    Women. Stop overthinking.

Dude wants to cook for his kids. Needs kitchen to do so. Bathroom doesn't work. Suggests OP could go out because of it being awkward, not some weird *kitten* ulterior motive. Dude is dude thinking dude thoughts. Dude's simple.

:drinker:
  • hopeabounds
    Options
    Just ask your ex what's up? Be direct, keep things clear; there should be no guessing games, especially when children are involved.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Me: I have to read you this thread.
    Husband: Let me go get my popcorn.

(and he really did)

Love this!!!!
  • felice03
    Options
    Just ask your ex what's up? Be direct, keep things clear; there should be no guessing games, especially when children are involved.

He wants to cook them dinner...that's what's up.
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    snip..... Suggests OP could go out BECAUSE OF IT BEING AWKWARD, not some weird *kitten* ulterior motive. ...Snip
    so we agree....it's awkward.
    Give the guy a break - he's making the best he can of a difficult situation.

Thank u for rational thinking...

This!
  • angied80
    Options

Or maybe he made it all up and he actually just wants to bang his ex old lady... cooking for the kids might turn her on :happy: I just had to be a little dirty !
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    duty_calls.png
  • angied80
    Options
    duty_calls.png

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! I literally just laughed out loud!
  • felice03
    Options

Or maybe he made it all up and he actually just wants to bang his ex old lady... cooking for the kids might turn her on :happy: I just had to be a little dirty !

Oh now I get it!!!!! Creepy!!!!
  • QueenJayJay
    Options

This is an accurate depiction of my marriage.
  • angied80
    Options

Yea now he is definatly creepy! ha!
  • angied80
    Options

Does your husband feel as tho he is in line behind your MFP friends =) I think my bf does =)
  • QueenJayJay
    Options

U_18389d_1055958.jpg
  • QueenJayJay
    Options

Does your husband feel as tho he is in line behind your MFP friends =) I think my bf does =)

Yes. He pulled up my profile last night and said, "Let me see what's going on in your life." :laugh:
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I can see why it's awkward, but as many have already pointed out, props to him for sticking around. Think of the kids; I don't know anything about your family life but I would assume they're pretty happy about dad coming over to cook for them. Try to just let it go so they can enjoy it.
  • angied80
    Options
    duty_calls.png

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8VaTKiWH3rpm6fKQIGU_hbUnCyq19OLVh7yD0VWriWM5adbfPvFmwoPH4SA
  • Karmynzahringer
    Karmynzahringer Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Just had to add again to this topic. To those of you who think it is strange especially. My daughters father and I divorced many years ago, but my daughter has suffered NO negative effects, partly because we do make the extra effort to get along. What does that include? Well this may seem "creepy" or "awkward" to others, but we celebrate our holidays together. He is remarried and I am getting remarried, but we see no reason our daughter should not be able to spend Christmas and Thanksgiving with both of her parents. After all, she is part of what makes these holidays special to us. So we have a big dinner together, he and his wife, me and my fiance, and open presents together on Christmas etc. We all play cards together, or just hang out regularly. My daughter has no dillusions about us ever getting back together, but at 14, we are setting a good example for her on how to be mature and take responsibility for the life we made, and she loves the fact that we get a long so well. Is it awkward? Not really. The only time I find it awkward, has been when starting a new relationship and trying to explain to that person that I go to dinner at my ex's house sometimes, am friends with his new wife, and celebrate holidays together. This can be a little uncomfortable for the significant other, but if they love you, and understand what is best for the child, they will accept it.

I never have understood how two people can be married, and decide it won't work, then just never talk to the person on a friendship level again. You once shared your life with that person, and if you have children especially, you have created a life with that person. Does it mean you still love them? HELL no, but that doesn't mean you can't have a healthy relationship for your childrens sake!

Just my two cents!