How to Snazz Up Canned Tuna Without Using Mayo?

Options

Replies

• lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Olive oil, lemon juice, garlic salt, and pepper. Yum!!
  • GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I LOVE red onion so tend to chop up some onion, maybe get some sweetcorn too, if I'm in the mood, and mix it in with my tuna. Yummm. Simple but yummmmm!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I :heart: ranch dressing mixed with tuna.
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese, chick peas and some curry powder....delicious!!
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I usually use oil and vinegar, tuna, then cut up a bit of cheese and whatever veggies I have on hand (I'm obesessed with red wine vinegar so I flood it in that haha)
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    *BUMP*
  • emoxie
    emoxie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    onions, celery, cucumbers (or pickles) -- also can put your mixture inside a tomato or avacado half
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't helpful right now since you don't have these ingredients on hand, but for the future I recommend Greek yogurt and siracha. I make a batch a week:
    4 oz fat free plain Greek yogurt & 1 tsp of siriacha (Asian hot sauce). It comes to 10 calories a TBSP.
    I use it in place of mayo on sandwiches, egg salad, tuna salad ect :)
  • dazcasson
    dazcasson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Combine the (drained) Tuna, 2tsp Soy Sauce, Garlic, couple of spring onions & some bread crumbs in a mixing bowl. Make balls from the mix, then roll in flour, egg & more breadcrumbs (each in their own bowl). Flatten out gently on a baking tray & bake for 20 minutes = gorgeous fish cakes!!! If you like it a bit more spicy, add some chilli flakes to the tuna mix, along with some chinese fish sauce and some lemon juice (1 or 2 tsp should do it) and these will be transformed into Thai Fish Cakes. For that extra crunch, you can add some parmesan to the final breadcrumb too! Enjoy!
  • Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I mix a can of tuan with an egg and 1/4 cup Progresso bread crumbs. Cook it in a frying pan for a few minutes on each side and you have a delectable tuna burger!

UH! This sounds amazing! I may have to try that this weekend! Do you scramble up the egg and then mix the 3 ingredients together?
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Chilli flakes and some extra light philly
    Mmmmmmm yum
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I replace mayonnaise with low fat sour cream, works great! Tuna, chicken, turkey, burgers, anything you would use normally have used mayo in.

I realize that doesn't help you right now, but for future sandwiches:flowerforyou:
  • mjshorty5
    Options
    mustand, honey and almonds
  • mjshorty5
    Options
    Also, I use the olive oil Mayo for tuna which is healthier
  • jcrooks85
    Options
    I use celery and add a few sprays of wishbones salad spritzer (italian). Only 1 calorie per spray.
  • Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda curious because I just thought of this but have not tried it. What does everybody think of laughing cow cheese mixed with tuna? Think it would be good? I mean, it's cheese and tuna how could it not right? I want tuna now! I love tuna with egg whites!
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    seet chilli sauce mmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • PrincessMorticia
    PrincessMorticia Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Nothing comes to mind with the ingredients you have on-hand, but I use hummus to make tuna salad. Sometimes I add some avocado or light mayonnaise if I feel like it, but hummus is a great low-cal high-protein healthy alternative. A love to make it with spinach and artichoke hummus especially! Mmmm.
  • freelancemummy
    freelancemummy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I dice up (very tiny) pickles and celery. Yum!!
  • BifDiehl
    BifDiehl Posts: 474
    Options
    Bumping the crap out of this! :love: